• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livommar

He’s nowhere near ready, and I’d be surprised if he made it here.

A problem for overall with the academy players though is they seem to have zero intensity.

Saka, Willock, Reiss... all completely nonchalant and no urgency whatsoever which is a massive disadvantage in the EPL.

Even a world class player like Özil has some games completely pass him by because of it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saka hasn’t looked as good as Iwobi, especially at the start of Iwobi’s Arsenal career...for the first 18 months or so Alex was really good, an even after that had patches of great form, had patches of horrible form admittedly too!
I keep saying this.

I'm not even ****ting on Saka but he'd bite your hand off right now for Iwobi's career. Iwobi is a true academy success story.

I personally think Saka is a decent talent, nothing more.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I keep saying this.

I'm not even ****ting on Saka but he'd bite your hand off right now for Iwobi's career. Iwobi is a true academy success story.

I say it a lot, but Pepe-Auba-Iwobi would have been such a good mix in a forward line, took the shine of our transfer window when we sold him on deadline day...should have sold Laca and kept Iwobi, and convinced either Welbeck to stay as Auba’s back up or not sent Eddie out on loan...a player on either side of Pierre who are good with the ball at their feet, and let Auba just focus on scoring (as he’s a pretty shocking all round player) would have been quality...would have put less pressure on the likes of Martinelli to immediately be consistent too.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I keep saying this.

Is he starting for Everton? Genuine question, I haven't followed much of the games this season.

nick gould

He’s nowhere near ready, and I’d be surprised if he made it here.

A problem for overall with the academy players though is they seem to have zero intensity.

Saka, Willock, Reiss... all completely nonchalant and no urgency whatsoever which is a massive disadvantage in the EPL.

Even a world class player like Özil has some games completely pass him by because of it.
Add maitland to that list and maybe take Joe willock off it. Joe willock plays with a fire in his belly. He is quite competitive. This kid though, he makes me realise how ridiculously talented Jack wilshere and iwobi were. And they didn't make it here. But when those two first played for the first team in league games, they never looked out of place at all.

NZgunner

I cannot believe the incredibly revisionist views on Iwobi here.

His moments were incredibly few and far between, but the most damning thing about him is that he doesn't have a footballing brain - the split second assessment and exploitation of the situation around him that separates the player from the footballer.

TBF most of the current squad don't have this to any great degree either, but a few of the youngsters are showing signs of it.

Pace, athleticism and skill get you as far as someone like Iwobi or Walcott. But they are not natural footballers in the way that Bergkamp and Henry were - and that's why they now play for Everton.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Also started yesterday in the merseyside derby. I can confidently say Iwobi is an etablished PL player and I think he has it in him to be a regular starter if he applies himself.
Have to say, as much as I hated on him I think it was silly to sell. Not lie we're bursting at the seams with wingers.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Have to say, as much as I hated on him I think it was silly to sell. Not lie we're bursting at the seams with wingers.
On one hand it would be nice to have a forward player that could keep the ball and actually dribble with pace, but it didn't seem too bad as we had just brought in Pepe.

Think selling him only seems bad in hindsight, 40M was a great sum.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is it just me who likes Saka for his simplicity. He puts a lot of balls into the box quickly. Should have a lot more assists.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Saka is class, the most well rounded and complete player out of our bright young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom