• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro Mugo

He has been playing well but I’m not sure you can properly judge. Xhaka does a lot of work down that side when he’s playing and it seems like this is a tactical decision. How would he deal with it if he was as exposed as Kolasinac or Tierney? Also are we taking away from our midfield play by having Xhaka do this?

Compare Xhaka’s heat map today to when Kolasinac is playing.

Vs Sheffield Utd
C3-AD55-F8-893-C-4141-9-FDB-EAE7-B80-CAD04.jpg

Vs Man Utd
BF8-E16-F2-7-BAC-4-F12-9-DF4-A3-CD4-AD4-DF33.jpg
It's a deliberate tactic ever since Arteta took over . Xhaka plays almost like a LCB in a back 3 . Saka was infact very cautious as he didn't go as forward as Kolasinac does . He made a number of good tackles and clearances and I remember in the first half he body checked Fleck and set up a very good chance.

Tom349

No reason why he can't break into the team as a regular playing left back before eventually becoming our main left wing option. I feel like a lot Saka potential lies in his physical development, give it three or four off seasons in the gym and he will be going past defenders with ease whilst bouncing off most of their challenges.

He is only 18 and no decisions need to be made about his position for a few seasons yet and in the mean time if we can get him minutes wherever possible we should look to do that. Which given how he has gone at left back so far there is no reason why he can't play there for the time being.

No reason why he can't break into the team as a regular playing left back before eventually becoming our main left wing option. I feel like a lot Saka potential lies in his physical development, give it three or four off seasons in the gym and he will be going past defenders with ease whilst bouncing off most of their challenges.

He is only 18 and no decisions need to be made about his position for a few seasons yet and in the mean time if we can get him minutes wherever possible we should look to do that. Which given how he has gone at left back so far there is no reason why he can't play there for the time being.
He already does this tbf;)

Not sure why Emery has played him so much. He’s a relatively bright talent but not the type that should be playing this regularly at 18.

I’m sure even his biggest fans will admit he’s not a Sancho/Hudson-Odoi or even a Reiss Nelson type talent.

I just think Emery is desperately looking for solutions where there aren’t any and Saka may suffer for it.

I keep saying this.

I'm not even ****ting on Saka but he'd bite your hand off right now for Iwobi's career. Iwobi is a true academy success story.

I personally think Saka is a decent talent, nothing more.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saka has been solid at LB every game I've seen. I was saying yesterday that he's been better than Kola so I wasn't too fussed about the latter being out. He's one of those players that doesn't seem to dip, he's just on it all the time. Huge potential!

Saka has been solid at LB every game I've seen. I was saying yesterday that he's been better than Kola so I wasn't too fussed about the latter being out. He's one of those players that doesn't seem to dip, he's just on it all the time. Huge potential!

He is starting to bullying grown men at age 18. Amazing durability and physique! Just seems to be very solid! I think if he wants to he can be similar to Wan-Bissaka, solid full back, maybe a bit less defensively but better attacking wise!

I still believe he can do well as wide forward though and don't want us to give up entirely on the idea of playing him there!

I have high hopes for this kid!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Absolute beast. Got such incredible quick feet and burst of pace. Once again his final ball let him down in the first minute of the game, could have been 1-0 up, but that's the only nitpick I can think of.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Love this guy already out of position 18 years old no experience at all in top level and he play like he is he got it all keep it up Saka. he badly need a rest by the way can't overplay him or he'll get typical muscular injury

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He is starting to bullying grown men at age 18. Amazing durability and physique! Just seems to be very solid! I think if he wants to he can be similar to Wan-Bissaka, solid full back, maybe a bit less defensively but better attacking wise!

I still believe he can do well as wide forward though and don't want us to give up entirely on the idea of playing him there!

I have high hopes for this kid!

I agree, I'm not suggesting he should be a LB, just pointing out that he's very dependable. Its great to have a player who can adapt to defence and attack with such ease. I guess that's what makes a top full back anyway, attack is just as important as defence and Saka getting forward allows the lethal Martinelli to cut in. I'd also be happy to see Saka Martinelli Pepe when we need to rest Auba.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He makes a fair point but he’s worth more to us as a winger and I don’t think he should be considered a LB. That spot should be Tierney’s going forward.
Yeah, it's great seeing him do well and show versatility, spirit and fight as a LB, but his pace and strength and actual wing play attributes will serve him well as an attacker. It's hard to believe he doesn't have a big future at the club. Any decent LB will be lucky to have him in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom