• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The amazing thing about Saka is his decision making in key moments. Its not always there in build up, but when its time for the final action, he is mindblowingly good for his age. Most kids are the other way round. Same with Martinelli too - both actually get better the closer to the danger zone they are.

WilshereGone

t
The amazing thing about Saka is his decision making in key moments. Its not always there in build up, but when its time for the final action, he is mindblowingly good for his age. Most kids are the other way round. Same with Martinelli too - both actually get better the closer to the danger zone they are.
Thought the same thing while watching the game, right at the point where he set up Laca for that chance Schmeichel saved.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Normally when you have a young player who can play in various positions, it implies the kid is a Jack of all trades with no standout quality. But I think it’s different with Saka. I genuinely believe he has a very high footballing IQ. It just comes easy to him that he can play in many positions.

I wasn’t too pleased to see him out on the right because I think he loses the ball a lot out there however, that run he made fo his assist just sums up his game to Pepe’s. Saka has a simplistic game and at times it will not be seen as skillfulor graceful to others, it’s always effective. He made a smart run, a little shimmy and passed the ball with his right. Now imagine what Pepe would have done. Many stopped and slowed down the counter to try a thread a ball to Laca or Auba. Maybe Pepe would have cut inside on his left and struck the ball on Evans thigh. Maybe try some step overs until losing the ball. Whatever he would have done, I bet you he wouldn’t have made the simple decision that Saka did. And that’s what makes him ironic, his game is fairly simplistic but if you ask 10 Arsenal fans who does Saka remind you of or his future position, you would get 10 different responses. I have heard people compare him from Clarence Seedorf, Di Maria, Bale, Mane, Marcelo, Mandy, Thomas Lemar, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Oxlade Chamberlain. Just shows how high his ceiling could be if he wants it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Normally when you have a young player who can play in various positions, it implies the kid is a Jack of all trades with no standout quality. But I think it’s different with Saka. I genuinely believe he has a very high footballing IQ. It just comes easy to him that he can play in many positions.

I wasn’t too pleased to see him out on the right because I think he loses the ball a lot out there however, that run he made fo his assist just sums up his game to Pepe’s. Saka has a simplistic game and at times it will not be seen as skillfulor graceful to others, it’s always effective. He made a smart run, a little shimmy and passed the ball with his right. Now imagine what Pepe would have done. Many stopped and slowed down the counter to try a thread a ball to Laca or Auba. Maybe Pepe would have cut inside on his left and struck the ball on Evans thigh. Maybe try some step overs until losing the ball. Whatever he would have done, I bet you he wouldn’t have made the simple decision that Saka did. And that’s what makes him ironic, his game is fairly simplistic but if you ask 10 Arsenal fans who does Saka remind you of or his future position, you would get 10 different responses. I have heard people compare him from Clarence Seedorf, Di Maria, Bale, Mane, Marcelo, Mandy, Thomas Lemar, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Oxlade Chamberlain. Just shows how high his ceiling could be if he wants it.

Good points. I think Seedorf is an interesting one that I haven't thought of.

I don't think he has the freak athleticism of a Bale or the technical level of a David Silva. I really believe he has the talent to be our version of Sadio Mane.

He doesn't look as explosive, but I think his technique is cleaner than Manes.

And Saka is still developing physically. I can see becoming so much more powerful and even improving his explosiveness.

With more experience and rounding out his passing game a bit more (imagine if he was even just as good with combination plays as Iwobi), he can become a world class player in the future.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Please remove oxshxt chamberlain from that list

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He made a smart run, a little shimmy and passed the ball with his right. Now imagine what Pepe would have done. Many stopped and slowed down the counter to try a thread a ball to Laca or Auba. Maybe Pepe would have cut inside on his left and struck the ball on Evans thigh. Maybe try some step overs until losing the ball. Whatever he would have done, I bet you he wouldn’t have made the simple decision that Saka did.
You're pointing out the weakness of Pepe for no reason. There are a number of situations where Pepe is more suited to dealing with them and Saka would lose the ball in those types of situations. Sometimes, the solution is more complicated and more skill is required which Pepe handles better.
The two players are different and they have their own way of playing, and both players are very effective in what they do.

harunh

Its doesn't matter for him he still preforming he start to look like Sancho only up to him now to keep improving

Saka is levels above Sancho, Sancho would struggle playing for a top 6 team in England, he looks extra good because hes playing in the Bundesliga, Saka is 20x better then Sancho was when he was 18, Saka has potential to be one of the best top 10 players in the world, this kid will become the next big player in England, levels above Sancho and 2-3 levels above Raheem Sterling.

Saka is special, i followed him him since he was 15/16 and i always knew he is going to be the next big thing

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saka is special, i followed him him since he was 15/16.

20170717160438.gif

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Saka is levels above Sancho, Sancho would struggle playing for a top 6 team in England, he looks extra good because hes playing in the Bundesliga, Saka is 20x better then Sancho was when he was 18, Saka has potential to be one of the best top 10 players in the world, this kid will become the next big player in England, levels above Sancho and 2-3 levels above Raheem Sterling.

Saka is special, i followed him him since he was 15/16 and i always knew he is going to be the next big thing
ffs.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Love this guy but still not convinced at RW. Liked him more in the left side of the pitch whenever he played lb lw or lcm. He has a decent weak foot as well to cut in from Lw and score. Already did once in europa I think. Please make it Saka-Auba-Pepe for once.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Love this guy but still not convinced at RW. Liked him more in the left side of the pitch whenever he played lb lw or lcm. He has a decent weak foot as well to cut in from Lw and score. Already did once in europa I think. Please make it Saka-Auba-Pepe for once.
I've fallen for the wide CM role. Not sure why, it just looked really good.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There's an arguement going around on twitter that Saka shouldn't be grouped with Foden and Greenwood because the manchester duo have a lot more ability.

I agree that Foden is an elite technician, and Greenwood is a supremely talented finisher but talent isn't everything. Saka is the most effective of the three imo, at least from what we've seen so far.

lazyfreak

I've fallen for the wide CM role. Not sure why, it just looked really good.
"Wide CM"?! Talk about an oxymoron. That fact that when he plays CM, he mostly finds himself out wide which shows that he should be used as such. That's also where he's most dangerous. No more of this converting wingers to CM bs please! And no surprise MutableEarth liked that post of yours. Soon enough he'll be preaching the same s**t that he was about Maitland-Niles..... "he's a f***ing CM. End of". :rolleyes:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
"Wide CM"?! Talk about an oxymoron. That fact that when he plays CM, he mostly finds himself out wide which shows that he should be used as such. That's also where he's most dangerous. No more of this converting wingers to CM bs please! And no surprise MutableEarth liked that post of yours. Soon enough he'll be preaching the same s**t that he was about Maitland-Niles..... "he's a f***ing CM. End of". :rolleyes:

@MutableEarth

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It's a great role for people who have excellent crossing ability and decent pace/dribbling but don't have the elite pace/dribbling that the best wingers do have.

Nothing wrong with it, football is more about roles than positions these days. The best player in the league plays as a wide centre mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom