• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is another reason why playing Auba on the left annoys me. Saka is a much more natural fit. Better dribbler, better delivery, better vision. That’s what you need from a winger.

Agreed. Also if Willian has any value surely its behind the front 3, less running but a position that needs experience. Once Martinelli is back him and Saka can rotate on the left as neither should be playing every game.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agreed. Also if Willian has any value surely its behind the front 3, less running but a position that needs experience. Once Martinelli is back him and Saka can rotate on the left as neither should be playing every game.

Agreed. Although I’d like to see Martinelli as a centre forward rotated with Auba, who looks like he needs a rest. Saka can rotate with Nelson. Gabi’s performances at CF against Liege, Forest and Liverpool away were his best in our colours - Anelka esque.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Agreed. Although I’d like to see Martinelli as a centre forward rotated with Auba, who looks like he needs a rest. Saka can rotate with Nelson. Gabi’s performances at CF against Liege, Forest and Liverpool away were his best in our colours - Anelka esque.

I think Martinelli will end up as CF but not sure it will happen on his return this season. I'm still undecided about Nelson. I liked him a couple of years ago but the other day he couldn't even take corners. Lets see how he does tomorrow in EL.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Martinelli is definitely a CF.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Saka right Martinelli left. Inverted wingers. I'd start them as much as possible.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Saka right Martinelli left. Inverted wingers. I'd start them as much as possible.
Yep and for some reason Saka seems to be the only winger we have that has no problem playing on the right these days. Ideally, you bring in a tall mobile target man who can engage centre backs and leave space for the two outside. I see Martinelli as a less physical Richarlison whereas Saka needs to hit that gym plan to turn into Bale.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yep and for some reason Saka seems to be the only winger we have that has no problem playing on the right these days. Ideally, you bring in a tall mobile target man who can engage centre backs and leave space for the two outside. I see Martinelli as a less physical Richarlison whereas Saka needs to hit that gym plan to turn into Bale.

I believe Saka is an even bigger goal/assist threat from the right. Saka doesn't have the height or frame to really develop into a player like Bale.

Remember Bale was also a freak athlete in terms of explosiveness and had a ridiculous motor.

Alphonso Davies looks Bale-lite when it comes to physical attributes. Saka is a good athlete, but not a freak like those guys.

Saka is already pretty strong for his size, I think he will naturally get stronger as he gets older. Don't want him to force it and bulk up too much like Wilshere did.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

Martinelli can't play as an inverted winger his skillets clearly suit more forward roles i.e. wing forward or centre-forward.

If we were to start using inverted wingers, it should be Saka on the right with Smith-Rowe or Willock on the left.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The meltdown when Martinelli comes back and isn't R9. I've already booked January off work. :drool:
He was personally my player of the season last season but, yeah I am already bracing myself to explain to people why he's not sh*t when he's stuck on defensive duties or stuck in the U23's to "get a better understanding of what we are trying to do physically".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom