• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PressResistance

He was personally my player of the season last season but, yeah I am already bracing myself to explain to people why he's not sh*t when he's stuck on defensive duties or stuck in the U23's to "get a better understanding of what we are trying to do physically".

Beep beep.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was personally my player of the season last season but, yeah I am already bracing myself to explain to people why he's not **** when he's stuck on defensive duties or in the U23's to "get a better understanding of what we are trying to do physically".
You're Arteta out. Just say it, this is a safe space my guy.:lol:

Jk I know you're not but personally I'm about 4-5 games away from being Arteta out and I never thought I'd be potentially saying that before the new year. Dark times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You're Arteta out. Just say it, this is a safe space my guy.:lol:

Jk I know you're not but personally I'm about 4-5 games away from being Arteta out and I never thought I'd be potentially saying that before the new year. Dark times.
He's definitely not my type of manager at all that much is clear, but no I am not Arteta out.

I've always said he should get the season plus summer window, the dead football didn't even bother me cause I got it.

When people repeatedly try to convince themselves every player bar Saka is crap I've had beef with him ever since really. He needs to do more.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When people repeatedly try to convince themselves every player bar Saka is crap I've had beef with him ever since really. He needs to do more.

I am driving you closer to being "Arteta Out" every day, aren't I? :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Was just thinking about Bukayo. Does he deserve a bit of criticism? Love him and he's still young so has time to grow. But he doesn't seem all that clinical to me.

From what I can remember he's now had three key chances in front of goal and fluffed all of them.

1 against City
1 against Leeds
1 against Wolves

They are very very good chances as well. Could be the difference between 1 point and 5 there. Madness, he's obviously not the main problem. But worth a talking point.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was just thinking about Bukayo. Does he deserve a bit of criticism? Love him and he's still young so has time to grow. But he doesn't seem all that clinical to me.

From what I can remember he's now had three key chances in front of goal and fluffed all of them.

1 against City
1 against Leeds
1 against Wolves

They are very very good chances as well. Could be the difference between 1 point and 5 there. Madness, he's obviously not the main problem. But worth a talking point.

No way. He is burdened with being Arsenals main creative threat at the age of 19. I love him as a player but he is not ready for that. Its on the club, not him. He should be a squad player, coming off the bench to make an impact/offer the team something different.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No way. He is burdened with being Arsenals main creative threat at the age of 19. I love him as a player but he is not ready for that. Its on the club, not him. He should be a squad player, coming off the bench to make an impact/offer the team something different.

Should he be a squad player? The real world class young talents are playing from 18 years old and stamping their place in top sides.

I'm not too sure what to think of him, I think you could be right, he shouldn't be starting as many high pressure games. Too much pressure on him personally isn't helping. But at the same time he needs to be burying these chances.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Should he be a squad player? The real world class young talents are playing from 18 years old and stamping their place in top sides.

I'm not too sure what to think of him, I think you could be right, he shouldn't be starting as many high pressure games. Too much pressure on him personally isn't helping. But at the same time he needs to be burying these chances.
His place in the team is fine, the other players just need to step up and Arteta's team selections and approach needs to be a bit better.

His one on one finishing is definitely poor, but he's young, not a 200-300k striker and has credit in the bank so fan's will understandably turn a blind eye.

Out of the current Hale End lot on the fringes, I'd like us to develop at least one more Saka this season, especially as we are not competing for the title or anything.

Arteta's persistence with Willock is promising, I sincerely hope he keeps it up cause that's the only way, Saka had performances just like his this time last season.

Progress with a homegrown like Willock is also something that would win over a fan like myself personally and will lessen the glare and burden on Saka.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you consider him as a forward player (Lw, Rw), he is not in that top bracket of young players imo. He's behind the likes of Sancho, Foden and Greenwood for example. That's not to say that he can't be better than them in the future.

9jagooner

Those 'world class young talents' you are talking about are playing in teams where there isn't much burdens on them. They miss chances but because the other big names in the teams play their roles, the team wins and no-one remembers the chances they missed.

The fact that you are scrutinizing Bukayo for missing ONE chance in those games is because we didn't win. If Auba and the other big names had played their roles, we would have won and this 'criticism' of Bukayo would not even be a thing. The pressure is unnecessary. Take him to Bayern or Dortmund or City and see how his stock will rise in months. Meanwhile, bring Fodden to Arsenal at this point and see how much criticism he will get for missing chances.

9jagooner

use him in the Cesc role
Cesc at 19 was better than Saka is now. But Cesc at 19 was creating chances for Henry, RVP (when fit), etc. Also Cesc at 16/17 had the League Cup games to make his mistakes and enjoy his football (we had a great League Cup team). He also had Viera and Gilberto to learn from. Cesc played League Cup games for 2 whole years before starting league games regularly for Arsenal (after a Viera injury).

Who is Bukayo, Eddie, Reiss learning from? Which games are they allowed to make mistakes? Which competition do they play and allowed to enjoy their football?

Pyres7

Saka's fine, he's 19 and already playing regularly for the first team. He's been one of our only attackers that has actually played well in this horrible run we're in. He's way ahead of schedule already.

He's more of a creator than a goal-scorer, but I do agree that if he wants to be one of our wide forwards, he does needs to put in a lot of work on his finishing. That will come in time, he just needs more composure in front of goal.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Cesc at 19 was twice the player, let's be honest here. I love Saka, but there is far too much pressure on him at the moment, which is all down to the clubs piss poor transfer strategy.
yup .. we are half the team.. Let saka be in the middle and play with his head up and have freedom to attack. We are burning him up on the left

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
One of the very few bright spots on the team this year is Saka.
I hope Arteta does not "burn him" by overplaying.
Because just as Wilshere had suffered his long term injury at the end of his first breakout season it could be Bukayo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom