• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley vs Arsenal Match Ratings

AshburtonGhost

longrufus said:
AshburtonGhost said:
Eduardo was poor but yes, Theo was worse.
Seriously under what rationale? The only logical thing I can think of is that he was on the pitch for longer.

Honestly, that is probably part of it and that at least Eduardo hit the target with one chance and got in behind the defence a couple of times. Theo on the other hand dead set touched the ball twice in the first half and was completely inconsequential until his substitution in the second. Yes, it is probably splitting hairs as they were both terrible, but Theo was worse, he doesn't even look like doing anything at the moment.

Zico

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
Almunia 3

Sagna 5
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 5.5
Silvetre 6

Song 6.5
Fabregas 6.5
Diaby 6

Arshavin 6
Nasri 5.5
Theo 3.5

I'll take these ratings.

qs

Established Member
Almunia 2

Sagna 6
Gallas 5
Vermaelen 4
Silvestre 6

Song 7
Cesc 8
Diaby 3

Arshavin 7
Nasri 6
Walcott 3

Ramsey 6
Eduardo 4

Block10Gooner

Almunia 1

Sagna 6
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 4
Silvestre 6

Song 7
Cesc 8
Diaby 3

Arshavin 7
Nasri 4
Walcott 3

Ramsey 6
Eduardo 3

Journey from Burnley to London - 4

mjkgooner

Almunia 3

Sagna 5
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 4
Silvestre 5

Song 6
Cesc 7
Diaby 4

Arshavin 6
Nasri 6
Walcott 4

Ramsey 5
Eduardo 4

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 3 - He just keeps getting better every week doesn't he?
Vermaelen 5 - Weak
Gallas 4 - Awful
Silvestre 5 - Can't believe Wenger wants to extend his contract.
Sagna 6 - Can do better
Song 6 - Decent
Fabregas 7 - Shame he had to go off
Diaby 4 - Typical Diaby performance
Nasri 5 - Ineffective
Walcott 2 - Terrible, absolutely terrible
Arshavin 5 - Subdued

Eduardo 4 - Couldn't hit a barndoor
Ramsey 5 - Offered nothing

dbig

outlaw_member said:
Almunia WOW

Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 5
Silvestre 6

Song 6
Cesc 7
Diaby 6

Arshavin 6
Nasri 6
Walcott 4

I'll take this. Ramsey and Eduardo probably deserve a 5 each.

A WOW for Almunia is right. The man deserves a 10. Utter genius jumping over the ball to let Fletcher tap into the open goal because he knew Fletcher was offside. You can be absolutely sure that Almunia did that just to see the look on Fletcher's face when the goal was chalked off for offside. Priceless! Goalkeeping can't get better than this.

:cry:

Lazaq

Almunia 2 - @€£#?¤!"#!!!

Sagna 6 - Ok.
Gallas 6 - Went AWOL for their goal, but was fine otherwise.
Vermaelen 5 - Bruce Lee would have been proud.
Silvetre 6 - Did ok for a fourth choice.

Song 6 - Can't make a pass to save his life, but was ok otherwise.
Fabregas 8 - Great, before the injury. Still contributed more than Theo after leaving the pitch. Hah!
Diaby 5 - Passenger, with a few good moments though.

Arshavin 6 - Our only threat.
Nasri 5 - Too many bullshit flicks.
Theo 3 - Makes Eboue seem efficient these days

Ramsey 6 - Fine. Him and Nasri might work, if Cesc is out for the weekend?
Eduardo 3 - No better than Theo. A hollow shell of a man.

Del Boy said:
No. He will always be a Manc c**t and he is still f****g useless.

The way that Eagles lad raced by him was embarrassing. I just feel like punching him in the face.
Turn 12, please.

Biggus

Established Member
Good to see that everybody recognises now that Almunias touch on to the bar from Vermaelens back header under pressure was a result of him not commanding his box, but for his reflexes saving him we should have been 1-0 down in the first few minutes.

My work here is complete.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 5
Gallas 4
Vermaelen 4
Silvestre 6

Song 5
Cesc 7
Diaby 5

Arshavin 5
Nasri 6
Walcott 2

ramsey 6
eduardo 3

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
Good to see that everybody recognises now that Almunias touch on to the bar from Vermaelens back header under pressure was a result of him not commanding his box, but for his reflexes saving him we should have been 1-0 down in the first few minutes.

My work here is complete.

He was dire last night but cant resist biting at this one..bit like saying, you nearly knocked over that poor pedestrian...if you hadnt of turned the steering wheel :D

But agree, he needs to be dropped.

And seriously Del bBoy, Silvestre has been decent in just about every game so far this season. Not wonderful, not world class but solid enough which is all you can expect from a fourth choice. Manc or not, he pulls on the Arsenal shirt now

gstew

Lazaq said:

Ridiculous comment! Song made 2 perfect defense splitting passes that Eduardo should have finished plus took over Cesc's play-making role while still performing his defensive responsibilities. What were you watching?

Lazaq

gstew said:
Lazaq said:

Ridiculous comment! Song made 2 perfect defense splitting passes that Eduardo should have finished plus took over Cesc's play-making role while still performing his defensive responsibilities. What were you watching?
I watched him botch loads of short passes, as he has been doing for a while. Sure, those two passes were great, but he also lost us the ball quite a few times. He has the ability, but it seems he frequently looses focus when making short passes.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think the key is focus with Song. In terms of technique, I don't think there's really anything that he lacks.

Segway

Song drifted in an out of the game and didn't dominate as much as he should have. He wasn't there to pick up the loose balls and Burnley capitalized which resulted in our problems with regaining possession. It was probably his worst game of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom