• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I honestly don't see what point your making mate. What am I supposed to Google?

You say that football is more technical nowadays I claim it is the opposite.

Just being technical doesnt get you by anymore

Gone are the Riquelmes, Rivaldos etc

Modric, a very technical guy no doubt (albeit not flashy) was the Guy who ran the most in the last WC

But as I said speed or moreso the ability to do many full on sprints is more important nowadays

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Could chambers be a good alternative to Lucas as a dm? He is bigger and stronger and can pass decent and played most of last season there

Torreria is just a lot better though as is Luiz. Chambers has shown that he can play DM to a Premier League level though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really hope he is back in the team for Saturday. I fancy him in a back three when defending then pushing into midfield while attacking.

Jae

You say that football is more technical nowadays I claim it is the opposite.

Just being technical doesnt get you by anymore

Gone are the Riquelmes, Rivaldos etc

Modric, a very technical guy no doubt (albeit not flashy) was the Guy who ran the most in the last WC

But as I said speed or moreso the ability to do many full on sprints is more important nowadays

Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate. Plus, you've completely missed my point.

Jae

Would have made so much more sense if the conversation had stopped with below...

Because to me that is spot on.

Having pointed that out though I'd like to add that top teams are certainly searching for players who give that 'bonus'

Totally agree buddy!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate. Plus, you've completely missed my point.

How have I missed the point? Elaborate

And how can you disagree with facts?

Especially with CBs both the technical and physical requirements have been raised

Overall physique matters more nowadays imo, the game is faster, more intense and technical differences has evened out more. You used to get by by just having superior technical skills

To stand out physical attributes and a willingness to train hard are of the utmost importance.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
How have I missed the point? Elaborate

Especially with CBs both the technical and physical requirements have been raised

Overall physique matters more nowadays imo, the game is faster, more intense and technical differences has evened out more. You used to get by by just having superior technical skills

To stand out physical attributes and a willingness to train hard are of the utmost importance.
Players were less technical before though.

Jae

As usual, you're trying to present your opinion as fact. It's not a fact just because you say it is.

Overall physique matters more nowadays imo, the game is faster, more intense and technical differences has evened out more.

I fundamentally disagree with what you're saying here (I'm glad your finally admitting it's just your opinion now by the way).

Physical attributes are important, of course they are. But there isn't a substantial difference between the fitness levels and physicality of most Premier League teams, where as there is a substantial difference in quality.

Arguably the lesser teams have to be fitter because they see less of ball.

The level of fitness is has gone up a level, the actual physical attributes of a player has seen a trend towards smaller more technical players, and I don't think many people would disagree with me there.

If you think football today is less technical than it was in the 90s and even early 2000's then I honestly don't know what to say to you. I might as well go talk to a brick wall.

Gunner-Union

I think the best teams now all 10 outfield players have to put a shift in. Even forwards and all mid including attacking mids have to track back and defend. Not saying am are expected to fly into tackles but they have to fill gaps and track players. Imo you need a good balance of technical players ( have to put work in and defend) and powerhouses ( still need ability not
Just a goon)

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Luiz could be really helpful for Chambers' development.

Chambers has good technique for a CB like Luiz, and both of them can play DM.

Also, Luiz has made some embarrassing mistakes, and knows how to bounce back and fix them. Luiz is probably the right type of CB for Chambers to learn from as he develops at this level.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
As usual, you're trying to present your opinion as fact. It's not a fact just because you say it is.

I fundamentally disagree with what you're saying here (I'm glad your finally admitting it's just your opinion now by the way).

Physical attributes are important, of course they are. But there isn't a substantial difference between the fitness levels and physicality of most Premier League teams, where as there is a substantial difference in quality.

Arguably the lesser teams have to be fitter because they see less of ball.

The level of fitness is has gone up a level, the actual physical attributes of a player has seen a trend towards smaller more technical players, and I don't think many people would disagree with me there.

If you think football today is less technical than it was in the 90s and even early 2000's then I honestly don't know what to say to you. I might as well go talk to a brick wall.

It is a fact that players sprint more

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170118082634.htm

I think there is a huuge fitness level between top and bottom PL clubs.
If fitness is the wrong Word athleticism certainly is the correctly one.

Bigger teams afford more better athletic players.

Short doesnt need to be a disadvantage (lower centre of gravity) but height in itself is generally favoured.

And last 10-15 years has seen the emergence of big athletic guys who are really frekkin technical

The Pogbas, the Zlatans...

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'll do what everyone hates and jump into conversation without really knowing what's it all about
Football was more technical before, or at least more flair. Today it's more about physicallity then before, and I think it's way to clear to see that

and I agree with whoever said Luiz can be a great mentor to Chambers

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll do what everyone hates and jump into conversation without really knowing what's it all about
Football was more technical before, or at least more flair. Today it's more about physicallity then before, and I think it's way to clear to see that

and I agree with whoever said Luiz can be a great mentor to Chambers
Is it possible that due to the speed of the game increasing in intensity from fitter and faster players that there's now less opportunity for players to be technical or pull off a flair type trick?

Pepes blue pill

Really should have been subbed on yesterday with torreira to try and steady the team, it needed experience, n0t two youngstars coming on. Could play dm or even gone to a back 3 with amn n kola at fb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom