• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhil

Wonder if he'll get a legit chance. Even Wenger was hesitant to play him, but once he did, he stayed in the team. There's still something about him.

I get his limitations but the season before last, he was genuinely good and consistent.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Fulham played him in central midfield. He’s not going to be a midfielder for us.

He will not be a CB for in a Back 4 too. He isn't the strongest 1vs1 defender and hasn't a fast accession to recover.

Only an option for a three at the back (please no). Otherwise he should be used as CDM like for Fulham. Looked very calm with the ball, pressing resistant.

Last season he was used as CDM for Emery before he was loaned out to Fulham.

Iceman10

Established Member
He will not be a CB for in a Back 4 too. He isn't the strongest 1vs1 defender and hasn't a fast accession to recover.

Only an option for a three at the back (please no). Otherwise he should be used as CDM like for Fulham. Looked very calm with the ball, pressing resistant.

Last season he was used as CDM for Emery before he was loaned out to Fulham.

Could be between Calum and Bielik for one rotation spot this season then, hence the rumoured trouble with seeing Bielik in this season's plans (still disappointing though). Calum used to be a RB option, but I can see how he might not be best suited there based on how the PL has evolved.

db10fan

If we can't get a new CB or RB, better to keep Chambers, he has EPL experience in those 2 positions. Rather him than Mustafi or Jenko. Also might challenge to be 1st choice CDM if he can replicate his Fulham form.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's useful in s Grimandi sort of way hit I just can't see him as a starter in any position for any length of time.

Grimandi got 2 doubles out of his time with us as a utility player. If that scenario ends up happening for Chambers I doubt he'll feel hard done by :lol:

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Grimandi got 2 doubles out of his time with us as a utility player. If ha;f that scenario ends up happening for Chambers I doubt he'll feel hard done by :lol:
I'm not bothered about Chambers' feelings tbh but more about whether he can put in 7/10 performances minimum on a consistent enough basis. I'll be surprised and pleased if he wins anything with us.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Chambers has been one of best players so far this pre-season along with PEA, Laca, Willock and Saka.

Okay its only friendlies but its encouraging nonethless. Hopefully Emery Emery now views him ahead of Mustafi in the pecking order.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd still sell him for £20m if we had an offer but as the window nears its end I'm thinking he has to be a better option than Mustafi. Personally I'd rather just buy a CB to start alongside Sokratis but we need a winger so being realistic, Chambers at CB is an option we may have to take. I'd be happy with that if we get the winger, preferably Zaha.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Chambers has been one of best players so far this pre-season along with PEA, Laca, Willock and Saka.

Okay its only friendlies but its encouraging nonethless. Hopefully Emery Emery now views him ahead of Mustafi in the pecking order.

I have missed the games but from reading about most these ICC they seen very competitive No?

You can gamble on them which I find very weird

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I would definitely sell him whilst his stock is high, ditto for Maitland Niles. Chambers is more useful to us than Mustafi though. Even if we kept Chambers, we still need a cb as Kos wants out, Mustafi is cack, Holding is coming off a serious injury, Mav isn't ready. We can't excpect Sokratis to carry us.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Need to sell either him or Mustafi. Would still perfer chambers to stay over mustafi, but we've apprently been trynig to shift mustafi for a few seasons now and no one is daft enough to buy him. So unfortunately it more than likely will be Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom