• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilfy

Need to sell either him or Mustafi. Would still perfer chambers to stay over mustafi, but we've apprently been trynig to shift mustafi for a few seasons now and no one is daft enough to buy him. So unfortunately it more than likely will be Chambers.

If Mustafi stays, then Chambers MUST stay too. he must stay to keep Mustafi as the 4th choice centre back. I know it would be good to have the extra 25 mil but thats money worth losing out on if it greatly limits the chances of Mustafi playing.

You can make that money next summer. People say he's at his peak value but he will be getting alot of game time here as 3rd choice CB AND 3rd choice DH, so if he holds his own he will at least be able to get something close to (or more) what he's worth now

db10fan

If Mustafi stays, then Chambers MUST stay too. he must stay to keep Mustafi as the 4th choice centre back. I know it would be good to have the extra 25 mil but thats money worth losing out on if it greatly limits the chances of Mustafi playing.

You can make that money next summer. People say he's at his peak value but he will be getting alot of game time here as 3rd choice CB AND 3rd choice DH, so if he holds his own he will at least be able to get something close to (or more) what he's worth now

Exactly, worth to try him to partner Sok/Holding, while keeping Mustafi away from playing.

A$AP Unai

I'd still sell him for £20m if we had an offer but as the window nears its end I'm thinking he has to be a better option than Mustafi. Personally I'd rather just buy a CB to start alongside Sokratis but we need a winger so being realistic, Chambers at CB is an option we may have to take. I'd be happy with that if we get the winger, preferably Zaha.

Excellent! Why don't you be Arsenal manager? Mostly because of your obsession with Zaha......

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wow I've never had anyone obsessed with me before. I've woken up to 5 replies and a DM from you. You got it bad!

He did the same thing to me twice, quoted me in like 7 different threads with terrible comebacks. I think he's autistic.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just wondering if there are any pre-season assessments of Calum so far? Missed the game against Lyon, so far have only been able to watch highlights. Post-match, the manager talked up defensive discipline and shape during the first half. Was Calum an important part of that? Can we count him as a potential reliable CB for the coming season?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think he has Mustafi like brain lapses and awkward positioning. Don't think he has a future here but hopefully wrong, we need him to keep Mustafi out of the side.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think he has Mustafi like brain lapses and awkward positioning. Don't think he has a future here but hopefully wrong, we need him to keep Mustafi out of the side.

I agree, Chambers doesn't have a future here. If we manage to bring in a CB I could see Chambers still going this window. Mustafi is much harder to sell, unfortunately!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just wondering if there are any pre-season assessments of Calum so far? Missed the game against Lyon, so far have only been able to watch highlights. Post-match, the manager talked up defensive discipline and shape during the first half. Was Calum an important part of that? Can we count him as a potential reliable CB for the coming season?

I met my cousin at the weekend, Fulham season ticket holder. He said Chambers deserved his Fulham PotS award for his DM role but as a CB he was nothing special. Unfortunately for Chambers, he wont get to play in our midfield and is therefore surplus to requirements. He is also relatively easy to sell with a decent value, unlike Mustafi.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's kind of one of the few players we can make some half decent coin from and we need it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't disagree but I have to say this made me laugh. AM is ruthless at times.

Sad but true! What did we pay, £35m? We would struggle to get £10m for him now whereas Chambers we could get £15m maybe a little more. There are probably more teams who would take Chambers as a DM, rather than a CB. Anyway, as I said, selling Chambers is only an option if we get a CB in this window.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I would sell him now if we had a competent RB backup until Bellerin is fully fit but seeing as we don’t have one, I’d keep for one more year and then sell. It’s going to cost us some money but not as much as playing Maitland-Niles as a RB will cost us.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He could become a decent BPD for us but I question his mentality/aggression. He comes across as a little timid and when aying in that role, he needs to show a little more leadership and aggression. Needs to improve his aerial aggression too. I can help but think if he came up against a strong aggressive striker (Rondon, Giroud, Lukaku) he could get bullied easily. I must say though that he has benefited from playing in midfield at Fulham and this has improved his composure big time.

akhil

He played a whole season as a DM and he comes back and we throw him in at CB for 3 games during preseason. Little harsh considering how bad some of the other first teamers have been.

Wryer

I'd give him another year in the first team. Our central defensive options are absolute poverty, and I'd bank on quantity over quality given the situation.

It's unreal when you compare that against the depth of our attack.

Iceman10

Established Member
This probably means Calum will stay with us for at least one more season. Kind of makes sense based on how thin we are squad-wise with our backline, at CB, assuming Mustafi and Kos depart (even if we bring in one CB), and at RB.

If Calum is to stay long-term he has to establish one position in which he excels, out of CDM/CB/RB. Logical would be CDM, and hopefully he will have a chance to prove himself if our backline settles down a few months in, hopefully with a new CB, and with returns of Holding and Bellerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom