• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The Sun are reporting Chambers has rejected the opportunity to return to Southampton on loan. Shame as it would be a good move given they have lost Clyne and Alderweireld, could have got a first team position in a very good team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think Arsène gonna make the same mistake and start the season with just 3 center backs we need at least 4 center backs.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Yes the Sun, a UK newspaper .

I'd copy the link but my phone is gash ,from the BBC gossip column.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Don't think Arsène gonna make the same mistake and start the season with just 3 center backs we need at least 4 center backs.
Inferring that if he rejected it it would mean we accepted it and left it upto the player?

At least we would have three centre backs as opposed to two and have a young kid out earning experience.

If there was an opportunity to recall at any time I'd view it as win win.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Inferring that if he rejected it it would mean we accepted it and left it upto the player?

At least we would have three centre backs as opposed to two and have a young kid out earning experience.

If there was an opportunity to recall at any time I'd view it as win win.
i know but when we will have 2 center backs injured like last season we will be forced to play Monreal/Debuchy as center backs and we will be in trouble.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

i know but when we will have 2 center backs injured like last season we will be forced to play Monreal/Debuchy as center backs and we will be in trouble.
Exactly why you insert a recall clause like we did with Coquelin. You give a player who won't get game time here an opportunity to play regularly and if necessary you can recall the player knowing they can come in with minutes under their belt as opposed to coming in from the cold.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Exactly why you insert a recall clause like we did with Coquelin. You give a player who won't get game time here an opportunity to play regularly and if necessary you can recall the player knowing they can come in with minutes under their belt as opposed to coming in from the cold.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You can't recall players from their loans in the PL unless the transfer window is open.

Livedk

Established Member
such a shame, it would be perfect and Debuchy is a lot better than Chambers, even at CB.

but the main point about this could very well be that Southampton wanted to loan him as a RB and he will never be good enough to play there for us.

really hope he goes out on loan - still too raw for us.

it is pretty fun that no one wants him back on saintsweb though, most hope he stays away - I like him well enough but the money we paid for him was insane

Last edited:

Lyrik7z

Don't send him out on loan unless he's playing CB for a Top 8 side in the PL or a EL/CL side in europe, as simple as that.

Will never be good enough to compete with Hector.

BobP

Memri Fan
Not worried about Chambers. Kos and Mert aren't getting any younger and we saw the detrimental effect excessive playing time can have for a player at the stage he is at with regards to his development.

He'll get enough games with us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He could go out on loan and we can sign a decent 4th choice type. Not hard to find a defender who is going to be good enough to execute a back up role.

I'm a big fan of loans for young players who aren't playing, especially defenders, Ashley Cole will tell you his Palace loan was the making of him. Play, make mistakes, learn, develop etc, come back to Arsenal a more stronger player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would offer him to West Brom, Pulis clearly knows how to develop defensive talent. Apparently alot of his defensive drills are old school still.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Southampton would've been the perfect move for him. He would be able to develop as a centre back in Alderweireld's place, getting first team minutes for a good team. Poor from Chambers, imo, his development will definitely stall this year as he's quite far down the pecking order.

His development will be fine. Learning from Mertesacker and Koscielny.

Loaning him out and sign another 4th CB is another type of short term thinking people like to do here. There is a season after this season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We'd have to buy yet another defender though.

If Bellerin or Debuchy gets injured we're down to 1 right back as well.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom