• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tbf he couldnt keep a CB position at Fulham, thats why they tried him as DM and he was voted PotS. They were still relegated though. My cousin is a Fulham season ticket holder, poor bloke. He said Chambers wasn't up to much as CB for them. Since then my view on Chambers has always been that he wont be playing in our midfield so sell ASAP.
He was important at CB the year prior at Boro. I think he was in that same uncertainty that he had here in regards to his best position at Fulham (DM, RB, CB). I actually saw his versatility as a positive and it was clear from the beginning that Unai counted on him. I had no problems keeping him, he's been painfully struck by the injury bug though and it is what it is.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He was important at CB the year prior at Boro. I think he was in that same uncertainty that he had here in regards to his best position at Fulham (DM, RB, CB). I actually saw his versatility as a positive and it was clear from the beginning that Unai counted on him. I had no problems keeping him, he's been painfully struck by the injury bug though and it is what it is.

He's not a bad CB, he's not a bad player, we've certainly had worse. Looking to the future though we need better. Gabriel is possibly the only CB we have who is good enough for top 4. If that's what we aim for then Holding, Mari, Saliba (when he returns) will have to step up or accept being back up to a new CB & Gabriel.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with a versatile dependable player. John O shea and Brown weren't great players but Ferguson could play them pretty much anywhere and they could do a job. Chambers and AMN could be those players for us and I'd be content enough with that. Them being happy is something different all together.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Great, really? That's pushing it.

He was decent because the other options were terrible, so by comparison he did well, but he has no great stand out attributes.

I would sell him in a heartbeat if a PL/Championship team came by.

Nah he was agressive, great in the tackle and great on the ball, wasnt caught out of position. Dont know what you expect form a centreback but he was brilliant.

Championship ffs lad is better than most centrebacks in the premiership, look at utds and chelseas joke of a defence.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Nah he was agressive, great in the tackle and great on the ball, wasnt caught out of position. Dont know what you expect form a centreback but he was brilliant.

Championship ffs lad is better than most centrebacks in the premiership, look at utds and chelseas joke of a defence.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he did ok when he came on, but he isn't a dominant defender. Rather I found him (and our other defenders) too passive giving too much space to attackers and tracking back instead of closing down. As a result Chambers didn't do that much wrong, but opposition does get too much time and space to attack.

I also don't think he has any standout attribute. He is decent at most of the things he does, but not good enough to warrant a starting spot in a team that has CL ambitions.

Holding I'm also not too keen on, but if we keep Holding as a backup we can safely sell Chambers to any team that shows interest.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Holding I'm also not too keen on, but if we keep Holding as a backup we can safely sell Chambers to any team that shows interest.
Holding would probably bring us more money and Chambers can cover 3 positions if needed, but I think Holding is a better CB, by a small margin.

One of them needs to go for sure

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom