• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Brentford | September 26, 2018 19:45 BST

Who will advance to the 4th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
giphy.gif
When you get tired of your teammates and decide to do it yourself. I think he seriously hates Morata.
Forgive me Eden when i said Alexis better than you
He says you must sacrifice your first and second born to be forgiven.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When you get tired of your teammates and decide to do it yourself. I think he seriously hates Morata.

He says you must sacrifice your first and second born to be forgiven.
If he move away from this team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We will never know but I don't see why we wouldn't have won this game if Nketiah, Willock and Mavropanos had been on the pitch.
I believe this also but clearly Emery as well as a huge chunk of fans don't believe that. It's unfortunate but football's a cruel game at times.

I hope at least they get good loans in January. While I've enjoyed getting to see them live in U23 games so far this season, it can't be great for their development in the long term.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I believe this also but clearly Emery as well as a huge chunk of fans don't believe that. It's unfortunate but football's a cruel game at times.

I hope at least they get good loans in January. While I've enjoyed getting to see them live in U23 games so far this season, it can't be great for their development in the long term.
I hear you but are these the same fans complaining about Welbeck even when his two goals won the game? Or Mustafi? Or Elneny? If they play and we win they don't get credit anyway.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's the reason Mourinho - and partially Conte (though he brought it on himself) - were done at Chelsea?
Was never aware? What he wanted more attacking freedom?

I’ll wait for your answer but I will say that these days the superstar players are bigger assets than a manager and if it escalates the superstar player will win - that’s just the brutality of football these days. We’ve seen it so many times and I think we might be about to see it with Mourinho and Pogba.

MkhiMagic

Same fans that want all the youngsters to play would be throwing a fit if we lost this game. All that matters is winning, that means putting your best players out there while properly rotating everyone and keeping them fresh. If they are good enough they’ll break into the team anyway. I’m glad Emery didn’t roll out a U23 team here which would have probably meant the end for us in this competition.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hear you but are these the same fans complaining about Welbeck even when his two goals won the game? Or Mustafi? Or Elneny? If they play and we win they don't get credit anyway.
To be fair, Mustafi was still pretty ropey today and Elneny had a typical Elneny game and did nothing of note compared to his younger, more robust midfield partner. So I wouldn't say they were instrumental to our success and we probably wouldn't have fared worse without them.

Welbeck on the other hand has actually looked pretty decent this season. I've given him a bit of stick since last season but he's looked pretty secure in possession, more balanced physically and seems reinvigorated in terms of his hunger on the pitch. I can't say I'm unhappy with that, and I hope it continues personally. People will still have their agendas of course, but even though I was disappointed at not seeing Nketiah, I'm more than happy to give credit where it's due.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Was never aware? What he wanted more attacking freedom?

I’ll wait for your answer but I will say that these days the superstar players are bigger assets than a manager and if it escalates the superstar player will win - that’s just the brutality of football these days. We’ve seen it so many times and I think we might be about to see it with Mourinho and Pogba.

With Mourinho it was the same as what's happening with Pogba, the two decided they didn't like each other. Fabregas had a hand in it too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...-a-snake-during-match-at-Stamford-Bridge.html

With Conte I feel it's more likely down to the Italian just not wanting to manage in England and Eden losing confidence in him as a result.

Regarding player power, I agree with you. Who are you going to side with, the marketable star player you pay 350k a week or the manager who can be replaced more easily?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
To be fair, Mustafi was still pretty ropey today and Elneny had a typical Elneny game and did nothing of note compared to his younger, more robust midfield partner. So I wouldn't say they were instrumental to our success and we probably wouldn't have fared worse without them.

Welbeck on the other hand has actually looked pretty decent this season. I've given him a bit of stick since last season but he's looked pretty secure in possession, more balanced physically and seems reinvigorated in terms of his hunger on the pitch. I can't say I'm unhappy with that, and I hope it continues personally. People will still have their agendas of course, but even though I was disappointed at not seeing Nketiah, I'm more than happy to give credit where it's due.
Nketiah should have come on rather than Laca. Not because the latter didn't do well but because he should have bigger battles to fight.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Missed the match due to travel. How did we play and who all did well? Sad Nketiah still can't get a game. Maybe if we didn't concede and score was still 2-0 around 65 min, he might have come instead of Laca

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wasn't watching the game intently but Holding looked like he had a very good performance. Very encouraging signs.

I'm on my way home from the game. He was not good. He really struggled to get the ball out from the back and every time he was pressed he panicked. Recovery wise he made some important interventions but his first touch and technique are not conducive to the way Emery is trying to play.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Missed the match due to travel. How did we play and who all did well? Sad Nketiah still can't get a game. Maybe if we didn't concede and score was still 2-0 around 65 min, he might have come instead of Laca
We were in total control before Brentford make it 2-1 we started to panic a bit but defended well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom