• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup I Chelsea v Arsenal 1st leg I 10/1/18 I 8pm GMT | Sky Sports

Which Mitchell are you?

• Phil Mitchell

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Billy Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Grant Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm sorry but for me this squad doesn't cope with Europa, FA Cup and PL over the final few months of the season. We'd end up suffering for it and could see ourselves out of everything. I think once we (hopefully) win the Carabao cup and get that out of the way, the EL and PL race for top 4 is more than enough for our squad to cope with.
Sorry mate. Can't be happy at getting knocked out of the FA Cup. We've spent more money on this squad than when we were competing in the CL and you're telling me that we can't cope with the EL, FA Cup & the league. We've played our reserves this season in pretty much every game bar the EPL.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sorry mate. Can't be happy at getting knocked out of the FA Cup. We've spent more money on this squad than when we were competing in the CL and you're telling me that we can't cope with the EL, FA Cup & the league. We've played our reserves this season in pretty much every game bar the EPL.

I'm not happy, I'm being realistic. We've spent a lot of money but still suffer with injuries for whatever reason. It's better for the squad that we're not in the FA Cup because it probably increases our chances in the other competitions. As for playing our reserves, a lot of those guys are now having to start games quite regularly due to injuries and this has been happening since the start of the December. I'd have loved to win the FA Cup again but for me, the bigger picture is getting back into CL is more important for the club whether that's winning the EL or top 4 (hopefully both along with Carabao cup).

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

****** on twitter complaining about VAR is starting to piss me off. Parroting Blatter with the "Human error is part of the game" horsesh*t. F*ck that! Getting the correct decision is far more important than the flow of the game. The refs will probably learn to use it efficiently and even less disrupting as they get ised to it also.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's certainly more accurate. Harry Kane cost Sp**s nothing but is arguably a 100m player in the current market.
I wonder what algorithms CIES use? Be interesting to compare their valuations with the crowd sourced valuations in Transfermarkt. :lol:

redanddread

I'm not happy, I'm being realistic. We've spent a lot of money but still suffer with injuries for whatever reason. It's better for the squad that we're not in the FA Cup because it probably increases our chances in the other competitions. As for playing our reserves, a lot of those guys are now having to start games quite regularly due to injuries and this has been happening since the start of the December. I'd have loved to win the FA Cup again but for me, the bigger picture is getting back into CL is more important for the club whether that's winning the EL or top 4 (hopefully both along with Carabao cup).
Look, I hear you but the reality is that if a club the size & wealth of Arsenal couldn't cope with the demands of the EL, the FA Cup and TRYING to get into the top 4, something's very wrong. Just very wrong...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Look, I hear you but the reality is that if a club the size & wealth of Arsenal couldn't cope with the demands of the EL, the FA Cup and TRYING to get into the top 4, something's very wrong. Just very wrong...
Isn't that what a club the size of United did last year. Finishing 6th. Spending huge sums.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

****** on twitter complaining about VAR is starting to piss me off. Parroting Blatter with the "Human error is part of the game" horsesh*t. F*ck that! Getting the correct decision is far more important than the flow of the game. The refs will probably learn to use it efficiently and even less disrupting as they get ised to it also.
I missed the game so can't comment on tonights use of it. But every time I've seen it used it's been terrible.

redanddread

Isn't that what a club the size of United did last year. Finishing 6th. Spending huge sums.
UTD. simply weren't good enough but in reality they should have been able to cope. They identified a clear path to the CL that would be easier than through the top 4. Unfortunately, we're in the same boat & simply not good enough either but I feel we should be able to cope with those demands.

Furthermore, injuries aside we have enough players to put out a decent FA Cup side - I mean we did that with the EL group stage & the early CC rounds. What's different?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Am I reading it correctly that Wilshere went off with an ankle injury?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

UTD. simply weren't good enough but in reality they should have been able to cope. They identified a clear path to the CL that would be easier than through the top 4. Unfortunately, we're in the same boat & simply not good enough either but I feel we should be able to cope with those demands.

Furthermore, injuries aside we have enough players to put out a decent FA Cup side - I mean we did that with the EL group stage & the early CC rounds. What's different?
There's a whole bunch of injuries now and things going on behind the scenes with transfers. Wenger would have fielded his usual second string EL side with Giroud, Coq, Jack etc that beat BATE 6-0 but that was far from possible.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I like him but it’s come to the point where I don’t believe he can lead the frontline alone. He should either be partnered with another striker or play wide.

Still a better option than Giroud.

It's obvious now that he doesn't have the physicality or skill to lead the line in the Premier League with the current system we are using. He's unable to use his body to shield the ball like an Aguero and doesn't have the blistering pace of someone like Vardy to run into space. He's basically Wiltord, and he should very much take that as a compliment.

Like Wiltord, he was prolific in France where defenders stood off him and he was afforded more space and time to get his shot off. He was also flanked by more natural wide players in Valbuena and Ghezzal or Cornet than he has here.

Lacazette, ironically like Giroud, would excel with a striker partner who can occupy at least one of the defenders around him because he struggles to create space for himself. Either that, or deploying more orthodox wide men (surprised we have not been linked with Moura), who stay wide and engage the opposition backline through direct play.

What I fear is that by the time Wenger figures that out, we'll be too far away. Despite all of this though, I think Lacazette can and should be doing more. Appreciate he was ill today, but I'd like to see him press with more intent, and be stronger on the ball.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
He's ridiculously mobile he's gone from pressing at one end of the pitch to making a tackle at the edge of our box .
Problem is, it's usually him that's caused him to have to run back. Defensively, he's Ok, he does put out dangerous situations. Offensively he's hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom