• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Man City | Tuesday, December 22 | KO: 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Who goes through to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s also pretty dark before a nuclear winter (/ relegation), lol
Also true.

In a pure footballing sense I don't see anything improving until 5 or 6 players are gone and we clear the deck of players that have been problematic for a long long time. We need to stick with the Arteta project until that happens.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I hate how great we made Jesus look last night, has such an annoying face and is pretty average as a player really, yet we made him look like prime Aguero...hate our defence!
He seems to be fairly annoying too and not just his face.
Look at Laporte's face when Jesus pads his head a couple times :lol:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thank you for your reply I totally agree with what you’re saying but when we haven’t got the ball especially when we are defending we seem to be letting a lot of goals in due to no man marking look at tonight‘s first goal for example I’m really not a fan of the zonal marking. Five Arsenal defenders one Man City player one nil down there all looking at one another thinking who is marking marking him

In general play, what we need to do is pick up players and put pressure on the ball. We stand off players and leave them run through the lines with nobody tracking them. This is what a manager like Pochettino gives you: putting pressure on the ball and picking up players.

Whats interesting is how bad the marking we have is, most of our defenders appear to be flat footed and afraid to actually take responsibility, I think Gabriel and Holding try to do this but they're going against the grain.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Switched the match off at half time. Glad I missed that second half.

Highlights of the first half were Martinelli and the posts on this forum. Occasionally in tears reading some of the comedic gold spouted on here during matches.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
That's an interesting statement:lol: I won't comment too much as i didn't see that team but there are some that think Arsenal were a nothing club before Wenger. That obviously wasn't the case when you look at the decade before him.
Not only the decade before him.

In the 30s we were the biggest Club in the World
That was the state of play til the mid 50s

When I came to England in 70 we were still the team with the most English League Titles

Then Liverpool - and then ManU knocked 'us' off our perch

We've been playing catch-up ever since

That '89-'91 team was a joy to watch, and all from the British Isles + our one talented Swede
That's how it should be.

A basis of local talent supplemented with a touch of the exotic...

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Yeah well those teams had pride. A lot of these players don't care either way
Most of the squad is here to earn the big money and live the good life in London

Pride is a foreign word to them.
Maybe Tets knows the translation in 6 different languages?
Maybe...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

If only this happened last week, Arteta luck strikes again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

If only this happened last week, Arteta luck strikes again.

Nah, we aren't like Sp**s who need all the help when trying to wins trophies (after the Lincoln game was called off, and they were given a a free run into the next round) we win or lose on our own merit, with our heads held high either way...we don't want to win that way.

City...Chelsea...Liverpool...Leicester...Liverpool...City

That's our last 6 cup matches ffs, amazing how we only lost 1 of them and won 2 cups in that period...my club :drool:

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom