• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Tottenham | December 19, 2018 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will advance to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It matters emotionally, not materially, is what I was trying to say.
I know what you were trying to say. I'm just pointing out that I wouldn't care if it were a charity match, as far as I'm concerned it is a must win.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Going all in for the League Cup won't hinder our chances in the EL for example, which gets you CL qualification if we win it.

The two legged semi-final is something we could do without.

We've a good draw on the FA cup if we fancied it.

Just feel our priority should be El and the league with a CL place. Both achievable but by no means easy, with Chelsea and others in the running.

My fear is that we're dropping like flyes atm.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It doesn't get talked about a lot, but the club have a break clause in Emery's contract after two years. He's definitely going to go all out for the cups to build up his case to stay long-term.
It's the obvious thing to argue for a longer-term contract. That and the Fourth Place Trophy of course.

If we start firing managers because we don't win the league we will have a new manager every season. Bit like Real Madrid when things aren't working out. Except Madrid give the new manager lots of money so he will have a chance of success which won't happen with Stan Scrooge.

The owners expectations are not that we should win the league so it would be daft to judge managers on that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Have you all turned into Danny Dyer and lost your minds all of a sudden? This game is not objectively important for us. Any league game is more important because finishing in the top 4 is much more meaningful for us than the League Cup.

This is the one season when trophies really aren’t the priority. Wise up, people.

HBL

Established Member
Emery is brave

But if it doesn't work out tonight there could be a lot of questions.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's the obvious thing to argue for a longer-term contract. That and the Fourth Place Trophy of course.

If we start firing managers because we don't win the league we will have a new manager every season. Bit like Real Madrid when things aren't working out. Except Madrid give the new manager lots of money so he will have a chance of success which won't happen with Stan Scrooge.

The owners expectations are not that we should win the league so it would be daft to judge managers on that.
Well Emery is going to have show he can challenge for the league in a few years like Klopp has done. He won't stick around as long as Wenger did just based on Top 4 and the odd domestic cup.

blaze_of_glory

Maybe Özil is just getting rested through the holiday period. Didn't that happen under Wenger?

Don't like it if that's the case but wouldn't be the first time he's been given special treatment.

nas7232

The two best players arsenal have are lacazette and aubemayang but he cant start them together. Lacazette links up the play so well. Gendouzi and Torreira dont create much.. i can see a pasting. Line up looks more ****ed than wenger at his worst

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Have you all turned into Danny Dyer and lost your minds all of a sudden? This game is not objectively important for us. Any league game is more important because finishing in the top 4 is much more meaningful for us than the League Cup.

This is the one season when trophies really aren’t the priority. Wise up, people.
Aside from maybe Aubameyang for Lacazette what other realistic changes can be made. We are down to the bones at the minute. I'm all for giving young players a chance but NLD isn't the breeding ground for young inexperienced players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom