• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Tottenham | December 19, 2018 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will advance to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Hleb being denied a stonewall pen too.. We genuinely were playing like one of the best teams in Europe at the time, cursed season.
Oh yea, when Kuyt or someone, brought Hleb down from the back I think. Yea, we were a top team back then, probably a tier below the elite, but trending upwards, and it seemed like we genuinely had a shot at winning the title, and going deep into the CL. Too many injuries and moments of defensive stupidity, though, along with some cursed luck with the refs.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
At least we're not Sp**s. Their cheating is quite something to behold:lol: Threw the ball away, took longer to kick off then I take to poo, Kane fell on the ball and humped it for a few seconds, Ali ran the ball away for 45 yards, Rose dropped the ball accidentally on purpose taking a throw, snide little fouls here and there. I want us to manage games, not like that, thank you.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
So do we not field a team :lol:

I'm not sure what people were posting but I know I have been saying we still need a new wingers, lb and CB. That was evident when we were winning. Unfortunately rather than sell Alexis and buy a player we wanted he decided to swap for a United cast off.
We use same criteria to give credit and criticism imo.

Agreed about Sanchez/Mkhi deal. I was against it at the time. We got landed with a player we didn't need who skewed our wage structure. Pretty sure the money men had the final say there.

rich 1990

You can say what you want but the joke is on us today. We were terrible, their players got inside our heads and Dele Alli even managed to get one up on us.

Just won't be looking at social media for 48 hours.
We fell for it, no doubt. The last half an hour, we didn't do **** all. But there are better ways of winning games and we'll do that eventually. Don't defend them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can say what you want but the joke is on us today. We were terrible, their players got inside our heads and Dele Alli even managed to get one up on us.

Just won't be looking at social media for 48 hours.
Nobody got inside our head we beat them nicely few weeks ago and if our players were clinical today we beat them nicely again

HBL

Established Member
We fell for it, no doubt. The last half an hour, we didn't do **** all. But there are better ways of winning games and we'll do that eventually. Don't defend them.
I'm not defending them, I hate the c*nts. We got it all wrong today and fell apart the last 20-25 minutes, we have to accept that imo, we'd be gloating if we won. Hopefully we bounce back and get a couple of wins in the next two.

Still fully behind Emery but he needs some backing in the transfer window.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We’ve discussed so many times on this forum how Özil isn’t typically a difference maker. Does anyone truly believe he would have made the difference tonight?

At this point it's unfortunately not even about being a difference maker, but just straight out being the better footballer. Even if Mesut doesn't pull out trees or make the difference, it's better to have him on for 90 minutes than Iwobi who's just a ****ing liability, cause Özil ist simply the better baller and will make better choices in most cases.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You're on your own with that.

If Xhaka or Torreira goes down , as well he might if he gets exposed like he is , we are stuffed . Not enough depth in quality or experience there to even finish 6th.

Last edited:

Gunner140

The only reason we lost this match is because the defenders that should be playing are injured. This is also the main reason why we lost against Southampton.

Koscielny's decision making is completely off and just isn't able to play on this kind of level, while Xhaka is no CB.

We need to get another CB in January, because Holding will be out for the rest of this season and a large part of next season.

Malky

Established Member
At this point it's unfortunately not even about being a difference maker, but just straight out being the better footballer. Even if Mesut doesn't pull out trees or make the difference, it's better to have him on for 90 minutes than Iwobi who's just a ****ing liability, cause Özil ist simply the better baller and will make better choices in most cases.
Exactly. I'm not expecting Özil to put it on a plate every minute of the game, but dropping him for " tactical reasons " then playing Iwobi, who has a first touch Lukaku would laugh at, is an odd one. What does Iwobi even bring to the team? He's dreadful.

thierrytheking14

If Xhaka or Torreira goes down , as well he might if he gets exposed like he is , we are stuffed . Not enough depth inquality or experience d there to even finish 6th.
Not going to argue with you that the area does need addressed, but we got much more pressing issues at hand right now. Our defensive line is abysmal. Plus our lack of creativity further forward is worrying.

rich 1990

If Xhaka or Torreira goes down , as well he might if he gets exposed like he is , we are stuffed . Not enough depth inquality or experience d there to even finish 6th.
Not saying we shouldn't sign a CM but even with them both in the team, our cbs and wingers are costing. They have to be the priority.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Exactly. I'm not expecting Özil to put it on a plate every minute of the game, but dropping him for " tactical reasons " then playing Iwobi, who has a first touch Lukaku would laugh at, is an odd one. What does Iwobi even bring to the team? He's dreadful.
Iwobi’s the only one we currently have who can take on and beat a man, problem is, if he manages to get past a defender, his end product usually makes his efforts moot. I also wouldn’t say he has an awful touch, but his technique is very hit or miss.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not going to argue with you that the area does need addressed, but we got much more pressing issues at hand right now. Our defensive line is abysmal. Plus our lack of creativity further forward is worrying.

Yeah fair , think three positions need to be strengthened now , since Özil's been turfed .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes it's a different quality of player . Love Iwobi but Özil is elite class.

Polar Bear

I really miss Holding so much, when he hasn't played this season we have looked a shell of ourselves. Even at start of season when he wasn't playing we still looked shaky.

I totally will admit that if we sold him or loaned him out back in summer I would have been fine with it, I didn't really care.

But damn was I so wrong, Holding has improved hugely since Unai came and he has been brilliant and honestly every time he doesn't play this season we look half the team.

TorontoGooner76

I wonder if one of the reasons that Emery persists with Iwobi and Mkhi is to constantly demonstrate to Stan, Sven and Raul that he is in need of more quality if this season's goals are to be accomplished.

As it stands, I think Emery feels that he doesn't have enough quality in attack, or rather the kind of players that he needs.

I know we have issues at CB right now, but we really need Xhaka in midfield with Torreira. I know Emery likes to play wide and create chances from the by-line and playing with a back three creates overload situations to do that, but I think it hurts us in other ways.

We have obvious glaring holes to fill in the side and it will take time for Emery to build the kind of side that he wants to. It is going to be difficult to find the patience for that.

I know this is the match thread but I don't really feel like talking much about the game. I only saw the second half, and it was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom