• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Jenkinson is back in training:

https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal/photos/pcb.10154165764817713/10154165762867713/?type=3&theater

Wenger on Jenkinson in the pre-match presser:

Carl Jenkinson, we plan six weeks from today. He had to do his shoulders as well - sometimes when a guy has weaknesses and he has a big injury, you take advantage of the fact that he has a big injury to sort out the short ones. That’s what we did with him. He had the two shoulders done [too]. He went through a tough time, Carl. But he’s brave, conscientious, motivated and I think he will come back well.

Bergkamp120

Happy to have him back. I still remember that City game when he was the best player on the pitch. He also did very well at West Ham the past two seasons until that injury. He would be great as a squad player if he's willing to stay.

I think he will at least be here this season, which means bye bye Debuchy.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Dokaka could you give us a comprehensive review of his loan spells? I don't remember him being too favorable the second year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Some comments from KUMB on him after his injury:
But without Jenks who is going to score own goals and give away stupid penalties?
:lol:
Jenko had a great season last year - Was such a step up from what we have had the previous years.
Having him and Creswell shooting down the wings gives us the much needed width. Reminded me of Da Silva and Shaw for Man UTD (when they were good)
This season however, STOP GIVING AWAY PENALTIES!!
He makes me cringe when people run at him.
Good news is..... won't lose or draw a match we probably could have drawn or won, respectively, if not for his sloppy, haphazard defending in the back 3rd, in general, of late....most particularly, in the penalty area, therefore conceding unnecessary penalty kicks.
this is like christmas come early.. he can't defend, can't cross a ball..worse right back we have had in years!
Also won their Worst Signing of the Season Award:
Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson enjoyed a reasonably productive season on loan at the Boleyn in 2014/15 so returned for a second season - which was anything but. After conceding three penalties - the most by a top-flight defender this season - he was sent back to North London after sustaining a season-ending injury.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Happy to have him back. I still remember that City game when he was the best player on the pitch. He also did very well at West Ham the past two seasons until that injury. He would be great as a squad player if he's willing to stay.

I find it weird not mAny people remember how good he was at the start of that season. He got benched after Sagna came back from injury, but Carl was doing a great job by then

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
don't get the hate, either. he was pretty solid in his season with us, then olid in his first season at West Ham.

Last season was the only blip he had.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Chambers looks to be going out on loan and Ox needs a banter partner so Carl was always coming back.

I really want Carl to make it here so I'm glad hes getting another chance.

Also since we're swapping Jenkinson for Debuchy an extra homegrown player allow us to potentially part ways with a under performing HG player *cough* Theo *cough*

Wins all around.

Aevi

Hale End FC

This one?

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Would love if he was good enough for Arsenal. But he's not even good enough for West Ham.

Hes not good enough and we are even sending chambers out on loan since he lost confidence and form,i wonder why are we taking him back in.Maybe he would be good enough like gibbs to be the reliable fan back up and squad player for ever.

Eduardo_da_Silva

This one?

One of the 6 games Diaby played in while at Arsenal.

Jenko is such a good guy but is so awkward with the ball with some really bad decision making. If he looses his athleticism because of injury I feel he wont be good enough for top level football.

Trill

Not Trilly
:lol::lol: At that title.

Was he really that bad at West Ham? I really want him to stay here. Just because he's a fan tbh

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
:lol::lol: At that title.

Was he really that bad at West Ham? I really want him to stay here. Just because he's a fan tbh
@Dokaka always said he was rubbish. IIRC he said he didn't think he could make it at Arsenal. I remember he played decently until he got injured.

I hope he performs when given the chance. Always sad when a gooner doesn't make it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Our twitter is really good since he took over. On the pitch he wasn't great. If I remember correctly, his last match for West Ham was at home against City where he gave away one of the dumbest penalties away and got injured in the process. Arsenal DNA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom