• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CC Final * Arsenal - Birmingham City * Sun 27 Feb 4:00pm-SS1

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
final-1-1.png

wembleyphoto.jpg

And so it arrives, the first final of the English Domestic season, and our first since the one against Chelsea in the same competition. The Carling Cup final 2010-2011 offers the chance to the fans, and the players to be part of a triumph that can offer a huge confidence swing and belief in the team's ability to become victorious in a competition, no matter who they've gotten past, and no matter the size of the trophy at hand.

Every great team has to start somewhere, and although it seems we have had a reputation of neglecting this prize for the bigger ones in past years, it has become obvious to the footballing world that Arsenal are prepared to seize the oppurtunites this season handed out to them, to allow them some taste of success, to players and to the team who have been showing great maturity and growth, both individually and collectively this term.

This final is well placed, with the race for the title and a big CL match coming up, success here could be crucial to the squad's mentality and confidence for what will be an intense run-in. A victory can also act as a springboard to even bigger things.

The media can stop reminding their readers 10 seconds into every Arsenal article about the last time we won a trophy. The tune may change to "x years without a title" but that brigade could soon run out of fire if our club can help use this to help fulfill their potential going forward, where but glimmers of what could be was all that was left to hold onto in the past.

The players have been waiting for a chance to end the drought, and there's no bigger one than the one we will see this Sunday. A potential 90 mins away for the team to find the missing piece of a jigsaw that has so much in place already, with the most important one of all, being how to win.

Come on Arsenal.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
This entire thing was pre-written which explains it's speed of arrival. Also we now have to sweat over the fitness of a few of our key players so hopefully we can wait for good news on that front.

mo50

Established Member
Lets end this trophy drought. There's not a chance Theo will make it, hopefully Fabregas will. We need to win this big time.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
Absolute must win this match. Anyone who bottles it must be sold in the summer window, no excuses whatsoever. I can't imagine what the consequences of losing this match would be.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
GoonerGal :lol: That was quick.

DaG said:
Absolute must win this match. Anyone who bottles it must be sold in the summer window, no excuses whatsoever. I can't imagine what the consequences of losing this match would be.

:lol:

Agreed DaGunners, this game represents the moment where we take our team to the next level. A game which opens the door to our fortunes going forward. A negative result here will mean season collapse, mark my words.

I think we have a fairly good team available. Im confident Cesc and RVP should be available and we have our midfield and first choice central defense in tact. Arshavin is also back according to my sources.

The concerns I have though is rushing players back for this one, there is a high probability of this happening. What fills me with confidence though is the way in which Nasri was reintroduced. It was done well, and with good testing and preparation - a good sign.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
How long did you draft that and planned for this thread OTBGG :lol: Well done great work.

First app in Wembley! Hoping for a simple and morale boosting win

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm ready to read in the papers ".....who haven't won a major trophy for six years...." after Sunday.

So bring them on, let's win this thing.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Clrnc said:
How long did you draft that and planned for this thread OTBGG :lol: Well done great work.

First app in Wembley! Hoping for a simple and morale boosting win

Not quite, we've already "played" there in the 2009 FA Cup Semis vs Chelski.

Proof

Established Member
Play the best team possible. We need a trophy! If we'll lose this one, we need a massive overhaul in the summer from players to manager. Szczesny must start.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
DaG said:
Childish and kneejerk to sell, but I get what you mean and agrees! :lol:

Absolutely no ****ing excuse to lose

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the first cup is coming home put our first team no need mistakes for this you need win this cup

scezney

sagna DJ Kosh clichy

song wilshere
rozza

nasri rvp arsha

mistaT

Established Member
Huge implications for the title chase. Love that we get to sit back, enjoy a final at Wembley and watch United play at Wigan and then three days later at Chelsea with us breathing down their backs.

C'mon boys....go taste some Silverware :D

Top Bottom