• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League – Montpellier vs Arsenal - Player Rankings

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Usual format

Few jars caused me to be late COYG

Podolski
Diaby
Arteta

9.Giroud

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

1.Podolski
2.Gervinho
3.Mannone

11. Giroud
10. Arteta
9. Vermaelen

FinnGooner

Established Member
1. Mannone (not that he had to make tons of game savers but the only player who didn't f**k up once)
2. Gervinho
3. Podolski

9. Gibbs
10. Diaby
11. Giroud (Still believe in his ability but it may take longer than we'd like, right now pretty useless I'm afraid)

jaguars4ever

1 - Poldi
2 - Gervais
3 - Diaby

11 - Giroud
10 - Walcott
9 - Ramsey

--

Also, all you shameless 9-10-11'ers need to follow the format and get with the program. You know who you are.

Wouterus

1. Don Vito
2. Podolski
3. Gervinho

11. Mertesacker
10. Diaby
9. Giroud

Imo a player must have played at least 30 minutes to be able to make a judgement. It is quite unfair and silly to put Ramsey and Walcott at the bottom three.

Mudi

jaguars4ever said:
1 - Poldi
2 - Gervais
3 - Diaby

11 - Giroud
10 - Walcott
9 - Ramsey

--

Also, all you shameless 9-10-11'ers need to follow the format and get with the program. You know who you are.

Ramsey? Really?

I was happy when he came on. We finally had some grip back on the midfield.

Buhry

Established Member

Why not make these topics actual player ratings? So much more interesting than just ranking the top 3 and bottom 3, which really says nothing about how the various players played.

Moderator Edit: Start your own ratings/discussions threads, then. This is bingobob's project.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Buhry said:
Why not make these topics actual player ratings? So much more interesting than just ranking the top 3 and bottom 3, which really says nothing about how the various players played.

Agreed completely.

Think this can be done in addition to the ratings if people really want to, but other then what i find it somewhat useless. Player ratings are a far better reflection.

In games that we dominate and outplay a team like Southampton, you are asking people to pick the 3 worse players on the pitch, despite there being next to nothing between all 11.

If you want to analyse it, you can do a top 3, but a bottom 3 is just crazy.

Moderator Edit: Again, start a traditional ratings thread yourself, which, incidentally, will also have a 'bottom three', ties notwithstanding.

G0D

Almighty
jaguars4ever said:
1 - Poldi
2 - Gervais
3 - Diaby

11 - Giroud
10 - Walcott
9 - Ramsey

--

You must REALLY dislike Walcott to judge him as the second worst player on the pitch when he played 4 whole minutes.

Anywho.

1. Podolski
2. Gervinho
3. Mannone (though this could really be almost anyone)

11. Giroud
10. Diaby
9. Cazorla

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
G0D said:
jaguars4ever said:
1 - Poldi
2 - Gervais
3 - Diaby

11 - Giroud
10 - Walcott
9 - Ramsey

--

You must REALLY dislike Walcott to judge him as the second worst player on the pitch when he played 4 whole minutes.

Which sums up why this system is so missleading.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Only managed to watch the highlights, was Giroud that bad? He assisted at least today

Gervinho has turned into an unplayable BEAST though

KyleHyde

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Only managed to watch the highlights, was Giroud that bad? He assisted at least today

Gervinho has turned into an unplayable BEAST though

That was the only notable thing he did. He tried a couple of times at the first half but they were mostly in vain, but the second half is where things just fell down. He was basically just a tall Chamakh(last season) there.

mo50

Established Member
1. Gervinho
2. Podolski
3. Gibbs

11. Giroud

9 and 10 is a toss up between several players. Too late in the day for my brain to remember the game so I'll add them tomorrow.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Wow, except for Poldi, Gervinho and Giroud these are all over the place. I haven't seen most of the 2nd half so I'll post my rankings when/if I watch the whole thing.

DontPushMe

1. Gervinho
2. Podolski
3. Gibbs

9. Mertesacker
10. Diaby
11. Giroud

Not including coquelin or walcott as they played 4 mins but coqs only contribution was getting blown by and nearly causing diaby to give up a penalty

Top Bottom