• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cheikhou Kouyaté

Buhry

Established Member

Re: Kouyate - Anderlecht

Apparently he's a centre back.

I feel like we should be looking at right and left backs. Unless wenger thinks this guy is someone who could also play right back, ala kolo toure.

We need better cover for Sagna.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

first time i hear about this guy. he 22 years old and and unknown typical Arsène signing. lol.

HeinrichII

Good to know we're in for a defender.

Any belgians around that could give feedback on him would be great. I just hope this guy can also play as a RB

The Escaped Ape

I saw somewhere his alternate position was DM. I think we need a higher quality signing in that position, but it would be encouraging if he were versatile to some extent.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Not read the links but I'm guessing he's the same guy who played CB for Senegal at the Olympics and was impressive. That Senegal lot are some tough bastards, I wouldnt mind picking up one or two of them.

el57

He was good last year for Anderlecht. Hard to extrapolate to the PL, but I could see him being a decent 3rd of 4th option CB. And yeah, he was on the Senegal team in the Olympics.

Glovegun

Established Member

GDeep said:
Not read the links but I'm guessing he's the same guy who played CB for Senegal at the Olympics and was impressive. That Senegal lot are some tough bastards, I wouldnt mind picking up one or two of them.

I was at Wembley on Saturday and the Senegalese defence were absolutely atrocious. None of them were anywhere near good enough for Arsenal.

They did have a left-winger/ left wing-back with dyed blonde hair who was decent, think he plays for Lens or Lille.

el57

I didn't watch Senegal, but that doesn't surprise me. African teams don't seem to emphasize defensive unity, even if some of the individual defenders are good.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Watched them against Uruguay, where I thought they played well, but Suarez and co were loss poor tbh

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can't see this one happening, we still have 6 CBs on our books

Airknight

Established Member

Cliche, but would kill Bartley's promise.

And at 22 he's a bit too old to settle being so down on the pecking order, but i agree it's good we're lookinbg at defenders, we lack the unit there.

leo9903

Call me silly but I'm a bit worried about the homegrown quota what with 6 cb on our books now. He's not under 21 so he has to be registered. Replacing him with Djourou may seem ideal, but Djourou is one of our hg registered player in the 25 man list. Plus, JD isn't as bad as people make him to be. He's more than capable as a 4th CB backup. Realistically, unless he's an extraordinary talent, I'd say we give this a pass.

RammiXP

We have a bucket load of homegrown players!

Check out the under 21 list: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-submit-their-premier-league-squad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ague-squad</a>

Ramsey
Wilshere
Ox
Frimpong
Coq

The list goes on and all will be homegrown if needed.

VancouverCanuck

I think leo's point is we were already maxed out at 17 non-homegrowns players. So adding a new one means we will have to get rid of another non-homegrown in addition to Djourou.

So far this window,
IN: Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla
OUT: Almunia an Benayoun

POSSIBLY OUT: Squillaci, Park, Arshavin and Chamakh

As it is, we are one-over with the latest addition of Cazorla. If we bring in Sahin, we will be two-over. So this doesn't make sense unless the new player coming in can contribute significantly more than the existing ones, i.e. not a 4th/5th choice CB.

Note Vela doesn't count as he was not part of the 25-man squad last year. The same goes for Bendtner if we manage to sell him.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ins - Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Sahin (likely)
Outs - Almunia, Vela, Benanyoun, Arshavin, Park, Bendtner, Squillaci

plus any changes in defense that might happen

Latest posts

Top Bottom