• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christian Eriksen

Do you want Eriksen at Arsenal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since our current past it number 10 is leaving us soon, we obviously need a new past it number 10 to take that spot!

Don't really rate him, or want him at Arsenal, especially after how poor Willian looks...the more damage it does to our rep as a club if we keep signing these retirement players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Since our current past it number 10 is leaving us soon, we obviously need a new past it number 10 to take that spot!

Don't really rate him, or want him at Arsenal, especially after how poor Willian looks...the more damage it does to our rep as a club if we keep signing these retirement players.

He's 28 :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wonder if @Jury would prefer Xhaka for Eriksen or the Özil + £25m for Eriksen deal he proposed years ago?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Eriksen always got 10 or more league assists for Sp**s every season from 2015. Along with being a good striker of the ball, he's the sort of player we need centrally.

Makes sense to start stockpiling some creative players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bit skeptical... The Conte comments sound just like Arteta.

"All the choices I make are always and only for the good of Inter not for the good of the single player.

"Players must be functional to an idea and a project in order to be competitive at national and international level.

"The modern footballer must be fast, strong, resistant. I take the technique for granted if you join a club like Inter."

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bit skeptical... The Conte comments sound just like Arteta.
lmao massive waste of time him coming here, not that I'd ever want that anyways - his peak was at Sp**s.

I agree with Conte though, talent and nice touch isn't enough anymore -ideally that is a given.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need someone younger than Eriksen even tho Eriksen got big experience in PL and was good at Sp**s but i'd prefer someone younger also not to mention Eriksen wages is big.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still looks washed though. Broke through at the same time as Gotze and Wilshere at a similar age, all three played major minutes when they were 18 but are almost retirement level less than a decade later.

Playing big minutes at a younger age often means the fall off starts happening a lot quicker, I feel attacking midfielders tend to decline that much quicker as well.

I think we should be looking at Szobozslai as a priority, Eriksen feels like a Mkhitaryan level signing at this point in his career.

Try and make it to the summer and go after Maddison who’d actually be decent value even if you go up to 100M.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Erkisen to inter was very weird transfer he not conte player and never will fit to his formation tactics.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I don't know if I want him tbh, however, if it pisses off Sp**s it may be a good buy plus he would probably want to prove himself again in the PL by showing up so it may work out for us.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I agree with Conte though, talent and nice touch isn't enough anymore -ideally that is a given.

I mean, sure, but let's not push the players that made me love football out of the game, like Bergkamp and Cesc, or Özil before his decline, who really are little more than 'touch and talent' (I put it in quotes because it's a rather dismissive summary of what made these players so great, but what they share is physically they were all very much non-entities, Cesc the most of course, the others a little bit more but still not much).

'Touch and talent' is a continuum-- if you're not doing enough with your 'touch and talent' to make up for your athletic deficiencies that's fine, like in current Özil's case, or in Isco's, you are rightly sidelined. But let's not close the sport off to non top athletes, because we'll end up missing out on geniuses like Bergkamp, Cesc, Özil, Riquelme, etc. who very much improve a team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This forum didn’t rate him when he was at his peak at Sp**s :lol:

Think we need to target younger players, not sure signing all the washed up players from our rivals is the route we should be going.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m sure we’ll sign him though, and people on here will act like we’ve signed the second coming of Bergkamp. Just like people hyped up Willian.

Rinse and repeat.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
there are alot of better players in this position and younger and after Partey Gabriel it's good to see we won't be signing player just to fill the cap it has to be right player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean, sure, but let's not push the players that made me love football out of the game, like Bergkamp and Cesc, or Özil before his decline, who really are little more than 'touch and talent' (I put it in quotes because it's a rather dismissive summary of what made these players so great, but what they share is physically they were all very much non-entities, Cesc the most of course, the others a little bit more but still not much).

'Touch and talent' is a continuum-- if you're not doing enough with your 'touch and talent' to make up for your athletic deficiencies that's fine, like in current Özil's case, or in Isco's, you are rightly sidelined. But let's not close the sport off to non top athletes, because we'll end up missing out on geniuses like Bergkamp, Cesc, Özil, Riquelme, etc. who very much improve a team.
You say all that but Erikssen was never a Conte player in the first place.

It's not up to us, if touch and talent is not enough to get into his team then that's his choice.

I'm just saying I get it, I wouldn't start a guy just because of what he could be when there are solutions that are more likely to deliver. I don't know the Inter squad too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom