<

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by HairSprayGooners, Nov 17, 2020.

?

Do you want Eriksen at Arsenal?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

The more I think about it, this has to be a massive no. You worry about the club with these signings.

Macho likes this.
  2. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

Ridiculous, that we are even considering him.

3. ThisFather

ThisFather Fan of Alpha Males

Surely this is not true? First of all, Xhaka is rated by Arteta and probably has higher transfer value. I saw this story earlier and dismissed it as a joke. Worrying that its still being discussed.

Have you seen his wages? Pretty sure he's on like 250K +. If we are considering this, might as well beg Özil for forgiveness and play him.

I don't believe it.

4. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

28?! Ancient Golden Oldie....

5. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

If we treat Özil like this and then signed a Sp**s has been I actually wouldn’t know what to say anymore.

I dismissed this when I saw it this morning

celestis, BigPoppaPump and GDeep™ like this.
  6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Does this even make sense? If we sign him in January it leaves us bare bones in CM, with Xhaka leaving.

Him coming next summer means we need to sign two CM’s with Dani going back to Real too.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Also I know the age thing has become funny with Arsenal but going into his first full season, he would be months away from 30.

Red London likes this.
  8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Should sign Luis Alberto instead. Same age but Alberto seems to be a late bloomer whereas Eriksen may already be past his peak.

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

If he was performing at a high level, it would be less of an issue. But this guy checked out mentally a year before he actually left Sp**s and hasn't set the world alight at Inter either. Really doesn't fit the profile of hungry, ambitious players like Gabriel and Thomas.

celestis, Macho and GDeep™ like this.
  10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Pensioner FC.

11. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

No thanks get the Salzburg lad and be done with it. Sell the oil tanker though!!

12. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be against a 6 month loan just to try and add some short term creativity if we can't get much else, but have massive reservations about if he still has the same hunger he had.

Watch some of his Sp**s YouTube videos from a few years back, & he has so much passion & joy when he scores or assists. You just feel as if you've not seen that from him in a couple of years, & that's a big worry.

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Hope we sign him so I can watch you man cry all January.

<<reed>> likes this.
  14. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

I guess he is on massive wages, which is off putting. On the other hand Ozils reign of terror i over soon, and he would fill the creative gap easily since he knows the league and have performed better than our current nr 10 ever has.

Need to sleep on this, Clyve

15. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Slept on it. Eriksen and Szobabloblahalai and i am happy.

16. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

Aw hell know was my i initial thought when I saw this topic, but a straight swap with captain **** off it's a lovely thought.

17. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

6 month loan makes sense

18. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

For all of you that you say that eriksen is old just to remember is one year older than partey...

19. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

It's not the fact his age is too old that's the worry. Its that his play the last year or 2 seems of someone past his peak.

greekgooner likes this.
  20. AmsterdamGunner

AmsterdamGunner Active Member

Would make great sense to get Eriksen, i’ve been saying this since before the summer.

I don’t really believe the swap deal but just loan Eriksen for 6 months with option to buy. That way we can see what he still has to offer. I believe he’s still a great player and at 28 he should be at his peak with still 3 or 4 good years left. We need players of this age group who can deliver immediately.