• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud

Established Member
If we're proactive in winning the ball rather than just dropping into shape then we can definitely give them some problem.

The Las Palmas game I just watched gave me some faith. Barca's finishing today made Theo look clinical but despite that LP were unlucky to leave with no points. They kept Neymar and Messi on most occasions and seemed to cut through Barca's defence with ease.

La Liga is a quality league tbh, imagine the 18th placed team in England doing some of the stuff Palmas were doing today.

Haven't seen much of Barca this season so is their pressing only half as effective as it once was?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen much of Barca this season so is their pressing only half as effective as it once was?
They're definitely not the pressing side they used to be, that side was something else.

They're more happy to use the counter attack now so they're more happy to let teams advance their way up the pitch.

Having said that they're still for the most part a pressing side, something we're not used to in England so we'll probably struggle. I think Sp**s are the only side in the league who have a proactive defensive strategy and no one (including us) can handle it.

Giroud

Established Member
They're definitely not the pressing side they used to be, that side was something else.

They're more happy to use the counter attack now so they're more happy to let teams advance their way up the pitch.

Having said that they're still for the most part a pressing side, something we're not used to in England so we'll probably struggle. I think Sp**s are the only side in the league who have a proactive defensive strategy and no one (including us) can handle it.

Our midfield tends to struggle under pressure which is a concern coming up against Barca. Ramsey is decent on the ball but does his best work off it making runs in between the lines and late into the box and although Coquelin is pretty highly rated as a technical footballer on here I don't really agree. These two are hardly the midfield pairing you want coming up against a team who presses high which is why it's such a shame Cazorla and Wilshere didn't make it back for this game.

To me the best strategy would be to get the ball to Özil as quick as possible whether it's straight along the floor from one of the defenders or through a high ball via Giroud and he can set our pacey wide forwards free. Our current side is very short of technical quality so the longer the ball stays in our midfield the more likely Barca win it back and catch us unorganised.

Jazz

It looks like Giroud will start going by todays line up but I hope we see:

Alexis........Welbz...........Ox

Walcott and Giroud are both sh!t in their own ways right now. Waste of time to persist with them here against Barca of all teams. Maybe being benched plus a goal or 2 as super subs will push them back into form.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
my team:

Cech
Belerrin, Merts, Kos, Moreal
Ramesy, Elneny, Coq, Özil, Sanchez, Walcott.

Need the legs in midfield hence ramesy and elney, also ramesy is terrible underpressue, so stick him on the right, Elneny, looks very composed when on th e ball, was impressed with the ball retention today, very economical with the ball (very busquets like imo).

Walcott to scare them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield tends to struggle under pressure which is a concern coming up against Barca. Ramsey is decent on the ball but does his best work off it making runs in between the lines and late into the box and although Coquelin is pretty highly rated as a technical footballer on here I don't really agree. These two are hardly the midfield pairing you want coming up against a team who presses high which is why it's such a shame Cazorla and Wilshere didn't make it back for this game.

To me the best strategy would be to get the ball to Özil as quick as possible whether it's straight along the floor from one of the defenders or through a high ball via Giroud and he can set our pacey wide forwards free. Our current side is very short of technical quality so the longer the ball stays in our midfield the more likely Barca win it back and catch us unorganised.
Yep, we don't have a press resistant CM right now which is **** against Barca. Will need Ramsey to have one of those games where every first touch and pass comes off for him otherwise we're fecked.

I agree that the best thing we can do is set up to win the ball in midfield, by doing that we avoid the press from MSN as they would probably be ahead of the ball when we win it.

From there you have to immediately get the ball to our press resistant players, specifically Özil although Sanchez would suffice too.

Gervais

Established Member
Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Ramsey, Alexis, Özil, Welbeck; Giroud.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

le coq an mo in the midde for me. I wouldnt start ramsey, their defence is ****e need theo on the right, my boy on the left and oli upfront.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Mertersacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin
Ramsey Elneny
Özil
Sanchez Welbeck

Bench: Ospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Campbell, Giroud, Walcott

Come on Arsenal!

Jatt

Cech
Coquelin Elneny
Ramsey Özil Sanchez
Giroud

Welbeck Ox Theo to come off the bench if we are not leading

KAB

It looks like there is no chance for us to stop the attacking by neymar, suarez and messi from scoring, all the three are so quick and sharp. However, anything can happen in actual field rather than on paper. We have to put up our performance as playing UCL 'final'

nmn

It looks like there is no chance for us to stop the attacking by neymar, suarez and messi from scoring.'
francis-coquelin-per-mertesacker-and-laurent-koscielny-of-arsenal-a-picture-id462067608

indy23

Cech
Coquelin Elneny
Ramsey Özil Sanchez
Giroud

Welbeck Ox Theo to come off the bench if we are not leading

Hope thats how we set up. But most likely will start theo on right and ramsey in middle and wonder what went wrong.

Or wenger surprises us all and pulls a surprise (like yaya vs bayern) and plays Chambers at rb with hector at right wing. Hector turns into Bale and we shellshock barca. Lol thats the kid in me who used to play fifa 06.

Anyways as a fan I'm so up for this and the United game. Finally BIG GAMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom