• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 20/10/15, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Whats Liverpool excuse lol

Talksport had a good discussion on the Europa yesterday. I must be the only one thinking it helps us. In the run in we will need the Ox, Wilshere, Welbeck, Gabriel, Chambers we might even need Arteta and Flamini. Outside of the league cup those boys are getting 10 or 15 minutes at best every now and again. Europa is good to keep them ticking over in a competitive environment. Also if your English then for the Euros as well ie Ox Wilshere and Welbeck.

I agree mate it's a great competition for those and the youngsters , good technical level that they would not experience playing Carling cup .

Goon_si

That would be make us dependent on the goal diff of Olympiakos, and I'd rather not leave things to chance.

Anyway... just as long as we don't end up in the europa league. Pleeeaaaaasse. Do not want Thursday matches.
This will be known prior to our match with Olympiakos anyway, since its the last round of the group stage. So we'll know what scores work for us. But yeah, a nice 2/3-0 win would be nice. :)

I just hope Bayern doesn't joke around in round 5 and let Olympiakos snatch a point, that would eliminate us if we lose in Munich in round 4. (If they also beat Zagreb again in the next game obviously, a lot of ifs)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Dont know where to ask this, so let's stick it here;
Anyone knows; what kind of a punishment could we see for Dinamo's player failing that drug test? Apparently decision will be on 27th, no idea what to expect
None I think, unless another couple of them are found to be doped up.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
This will be known prior to our match with Olympiakos anyway, since its the last round of the group stage. So we'll know what scores work for us. But yeah, a nice 2/3-0 win would be nice. :)

I just hope Bayern doesn't joke around in round 5 and let Olympiakos snatch a point, that would eliminate us if we lose in Munich in round 4. (If they also beat Zagreb again in the next game obviously, a lot of ifs)
If we get at least a tie in Bayern and take care of business against those 2 in the reverse fixtures then we'll be guaranteed to go through.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
honestly i was not overly impressed with bayern. their dominance was a byproduct of the tactical decisions from both sides. in the final third, their game plan was basic: have a deep-lying playmaker ping the ball wide and cross it. they didnt really attempt to break us down from central areas. luckily our back line was able to deal with that kind of wide play.

the one period of the game that worried me was minutes 55 to 75. i felt some of our players were beginning to doubt themselves or get frustrated. giroud couldnt have picked a better time to score; his goal restored a lot of confidence in the team and made the last 15 minutes much easier psychologically.

overall, i dont rate pep's tactics that much. yes he has amazing ball retention and organization, but there's nothing extremely remarkable about his team in the final third, and he's open to getting countered.

scoring first will be crucial in the return leg. it's going to be another 50-50 game again ... if they go 1-0 up, we will have to come out of our shell a little bit and it could turn out badly.
Agree for the most part except I think we restored parity even before the goal. Ever since the double change by Bayern we looked the better team.

Mastadon

Established Member
I agree mate it's a great competition for those and the youngsters , good technical level that they would not experience playing Carling cup .

I have no problem at all with us playing in the Europa league just treat it as the european league cup until we get to the quarter finals. Who cares if its on a thursday just make sure nobody in the starting 11 will be starting the next PL game. If nobody cares if we get knocked out early it should be fine. Our second 11 is decent enough to beat most of the teams in the EL.

Campbell-Giroud-Ox

Flamini-Arteta-Rosicky/Wilshere/young player

Gibbs-Chambers-Per/Gabriel/young player-Debuchy

Ospina

Sorted. If any of those players need to start the next league game then bring a youngster in. As long as none of our starting 11 are playing in the next game its fine.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
All this talk of Europa is shameless, we should only consider such a circumstance after we are mathematically out of the running for top 2 spots.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I, er, don't want to keep on about this in case I end up sounding like a certain someone but this media thing is really rather stupid now, with ITV being the latest culprits.

Game

Manchester City 2 - 1 Sevilla (somehow)

Analysis from Roy Keane and Glenn Hoddle. Despite being totally outplayed at home by Spain's not even third best team, City got the luck which you need in this competition, in the words of Keane

2nd game shown

CSKA Moscow 1-1 Manchester United

United lucky to get a point against a piss poor team and only thanks to a goalkeeper falling over like a drunk. According to Keane, it's not the end of the world. Now, I would not have paid any attention to any of this were it not for their analysis of Arsenal

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern Munich

Arsenal, soft, can't defend.

Now, I'm either being completely paranoid, stupid for listening to a nutter like Keane and a ***** like Hoddle, or there is something very odd going on. I've found the reaction to this game complete bewildering. Can't these ****s go one ****ing week without sticking the knife in?

sharongur

Guys! sorry if someone posted it already. but it just came down to me. the CL isnt the PL right? they dont have hawkeye for goal line decisions?
Watching the replay actually shows the line referee TAKING the decision about the ball crossing the line!
I think thats the first time i ever see a line referee making any sort of decision! let alone such a massive one!
and most of the time even if the event occurred 2 meters from them, they dont take a decision...

Development!

redanddread

Gameweek 3: Champions League team of the week

championsleaguexi.png

http://www.squawka.com/news/gameweek-3-champions-league-team-of-the-week/497704?

redanddread

Guys! sorry if someone posted it already. but it just came down to me. the CL isnt the PL right? they dont have hawkeye for goal line decisions?
Watching the replay actually shows the line referee TAKING the decision about the ball crossing the line!
I think thats the first time i ever see a line referee making any sort of decision! let alone such a massive one!
and most of the time even if the event occurred 2 meters from them, they dont take a decision...

Development!
They did call the OG against Ospina in the Olympiacos game also.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I, er, don't want to keep on about this in case I end up sounding like a certain someone but this media thing is really rather stupid now, with ITV being the latest culprits.

Now, I'm either being completely paranoid, stupid for listening to a nutter like Keane and a ***** like Hoddle, or there is something very odd going on. I've found the reaction to this game complete bewildering. Can't these ****s go one ****ing week without sticking the knife in?

Nah I listened to this and
Off topic but I quite like the look of this Kampl guy, looks like a direct threat through the middle with his dribbling, have to keep an eye on him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't get worked up over what journos say. They know as much about the game as you or I, in fact probably less.

Football's just a bunch of random stuff that happens on a pitch for an hour and a half. What you see is what you get, it's why I love it.

All the themes and storylines these hacks write up is all bollocks in the end. I stopped caring what they thought of us a long time ago.

I hope they keep hating on us, don't want any hypocrites jumping on our bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom