• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

phenn

The thing that Hleb showed today that helped us I thought is he doesn't always play one or two touch. He can easily hold the ball up for a second and adjust the position before delivering a good ball.

I thought Cesc played a lot of really good balls today, he didn't have too much quantity but I can't think of a poor ball he played.

The back four was just tremendous, Flamini looked better in the second half than in the first when he was kind of lucky to not get a yellow for that challenge on Nedved.

So proud.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Ah well, time for sleep and dreams of Paris in Spring.

Catch you all later....

Rahul

I think there was a goal for the taking in the second half.

But doesnt matter now we kept another clean sheet and are through to the semis for the 1st time.

Well done you gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Vieira's a legend at Arsenal, but i've got to say he should eat a whole load of humble pie tonight. All that **** about him saying he's finally joined a team that has the capacity to win the champions league.

He looks stupid now, they have no more right to win it than we do and Arsenal proved that tonight

Rahul

We also broke milans record.

Thats absolutely amazing 8 clean sheets in a row 2 against juve,2 against madrid,2 against sparta and 1 a piece against thun and ajax.

I hope this record extends to 11 and then we will be champions of europe!

Easier said than done i know.

mariaines

kanooo said:
I had to sneak out again from work to watch Arsenal match. But sadly, the coffe shop guy was showing Barcelona match and I had no choice but to watch it.
From Barca vs. Benfica, I think Braca wasted a lot of chances. If Benfica had been more lethal in their counter attacks and take their 2 or 3 good chances, God knows what might happen.
If Barcelona plays like that against us, I'm quite confident that we will eat them up.

All i can say (since this is an Arsenal forum) is that our main objective (not said to the world but still) was the revenge against chelsea. Having consumed that, the team relaxed a little bit in Lisboa and showed up to qualify today. It's not coincidence either that our best men against chelsea (Marquez, Edmilson and Messi) have not been available for 2 weeks.
Barça knows that Milan and the future (if there's any) rival in the final should have the same treatment than chelsea.
The lessons have been learnt. The things we've done against benfica should not be repeated. Barça knows Milan won't waste the opportunities benfica had today.
At least i hope so. Or i'll die from a heart attack :?

IBL

Established Member
Great stuff! so glad to get through. I said I'd be happy with a lifeless 0-0 draw but in the end we did more than enough to win by several goals. Great achievement but such an inexperienced team.

WELL DONE BOYS!!

MUTERI

- Perfect result and performance from our heroes without exceptions.

- To knock out Real Madrid and Juventus, you should be able to overcome Villareal, although it will be another difficult job.

- Not that Flamini wasn't great defensively, but we need Cole to improve us offensively on the left hand side of the field, Can he be available for the 2nd leg at least?

- Viera's left us to win the CL, well, only Arsenal prevented him from that achievement, what a coincidence.

- We will enjoy it tonight, but from tomorrow we should forget CL and start preparing for another hard task at Old Trafford, the two teams are at their best and it is always a difficult trip to Manchester especially that they were off this midweek, but another perfect application of 4-5-1 formation from Wenger's men can make it for us.

Ricky_AFC

It makes it all the sweeter that we done it with a young team. Our own team that we BUILT. Its how it should be. Take note Chel$ki

gunnerGH

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Great stuff! so glad to get through. I said I'd be happy with a lifeless 0-0 draw but in the end we did more than enough to win by several goals. Great achievement but such an inexperienced team.

WELL DONE BOYS!!

ill second that! well done everyone!

Legend#1

Established Member
Eboue's post match comments:

I think it was about the 70th minute i suddenly notice my shorts felt heavy. I reached into my right pocket and noticed there was a little Czech International footballer with long blonde hair in there!! Bugger me for not noticing before, but he must have been in my pocket the whole game prior to that! I think he got sent off a few minutes later.

Canuck

Established Member
Got to love Jens. He's the reason that our backline is playing with such confidence. As much as Henry and Cesc are leading, Lehmann is leading strongly and quietly from the back.

He knew exactly what was up and gave Nedved proper s***. That back four know they've got a damn fine keeper behind them. Ever since we lost Lauren he's shepherded this back four along into what they are now.

As mentioned he made it look easy.

Ricky_AFC

Legend#1 said:

I think it was about the 70th minute i suddenly notice my shorts felt heavy. I reached into my right pocket and noticed there was a little Czech International footballer with long blonde hair in there!! Bugger me for not noticing before, but he must have been in my pocket the whole game prior to that! I think he got sent off a few minutes later.

:lol: :lol:
There's a similar text going round:

'Cesc just got stopped at customs for trying to smuggle 83kg of dope out of the country...but then after a quick check it was soon revealed that he'd forgot to take Patrick Vieira out of his pocket'

bit disrespectful to old paddy but it made me chuckle.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Would you believe it our make shift defense is the the best defense in Champions League History.

Arsenal FC, Were by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen, and its ARSENALLLLLLL

Rahul

Legend#1 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

calisto

Thank God we're through again. The players were terrific, taking out Juventus and Real Madrid is no Child's play. Come on Arsenal, Keep ur gunz blazing!!!

Top Bottom