• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

Chips&CurrySauce

This is a very tough draw.. Not the team I would have picked if I had the choice but I also feel confident.. I can't wait for this!!

I also hope Patrick gets a good reception from the fans.. Although he has left us now, the man was a legend for us, he gave us the best years of his career and brought us so much success on the pitch.. The man deserves alot of respect!

kanooo

RocktheCasbah said:
sabret00the said:
did we knock juve out in 2002?

They knocked us out IIRC, but it was complicated, we could have beaten them and not gone through. As it was they beat us 1-0 and that was us for that competition

Juve didn't knock us out. I think we would've been out even if we win. All 4 teams in the group were neck to neck.

Deportivo and Leverkusen went through. We beat Leverkusen 4:1 (what a great game, btw) but still couldn't get through - largely due to two (2:0 defeats) against Deportivo.

http://www.arseweb.com/01-02/europe.html

karan kansal

Vieira is not suspended. According to FIFA:

Players are suspended after 3 cautions counting from group stages, and thereafter odd number cautions (fifth, seventh and so on). Vieira currently has 4 cautions so he will play. Hope he is booked at highbury then he will miss the turin leg.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
You're suspended after 3 yellow cards. Nedved is suspended. Vieira didn't get a yellow card v Bremen and still is on 4 yellow cards. Leaves 1 question: will Paddy be suspended for the return leg if he bags his 5th yellowat Highbury? Yes!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
well if anyone wants him to be suspended, let's just hope cesc will continuously intimidate paddy and paddy will lose his head and have a go at cesc and gets red carded in the 1st half.

but it would be a shame though.

cesc vs vieira in both legs would be mouthwatering.

beanz

Let's face it, this is going to be a tough but very winnable draw, Juve had trouble and needed a big slice of luck,to beat Werder, who are not thought of as a top team in Europe. With Ash & Sol hopefully back in the squad & Nedved out for the 1st leg, I think we've got a real chance.
It's going to be another arse squeakingly nervous night at Highbury in 3 weeks time :p

hesham

Established Member
Nedved is gona be out for the first leg.
That could tip it in our advantage, he's there most influencial player, if we can get a win at Highbury, i think we can pick them of at Turin.

COME ON ARSENAL!

cc

RocktheCasbah said:
sabret00the said:
did we knock juve out in 2002?

They knocked us out IIRC, but it was complicated, we could have beaten them and not gone through. As it was they beat us 1-0 and that was us for that competition

because la coruna didn't play their 100% after qualifying. we wouldn't go through even if we've beaten juven if la coruna lost to bayer (they truely did)

GlasGreenGunner

Every chance of getting through, and it seems maybe playing better against the bigger teams.

What's the chances of Patrick being injured for this tie ?

BannedKwame

theodore said:
we avoided the in-form teams Barcelona, Lyon, Milan.

I saw the Juve - Werder match, and believe me Juve can be beaten and they are certainly weaker than lyon and Barcelona.

good draw!
I also saw the match. It looked as if Juve expected the tie to be relatively simple, and once ahead 2-1 in the first leg they went to sleep. Bremen bundled in two lucky goals towards then end of the game when the Juve defence lost concentration-- uncharacteristic. Juve also play Milan this weekend and were likewise looking forward to the game. Bremen played well, but I think the Juve team walked the leg and still managed to come through when almost every other team would have lost. Some call it luck, but I call it winning, especially when it happens all the frikking time. After the tie against Real Madrid, there is no chance Juve will underestimate us.

Our team can beat Juventus, just like it can every other team left in the competition, but I think at this current stage our team is far too naive to go against Juve. It will be Flamini against Camorenese/Mutu, Senderos against ibrahimovich. The wild card for us is Ljunberg-- he could he our difference maker, especially during the first leg when Nedved will be missing.

Tris_1

champions04 said:
Don't think Vieira is suspended. Sky sports would have definately mentioned if he was. The only player they said would miss the first leg was Nedved, so it looks like Vieira will be returning to Highbury.

David Pleat said that it isn't the best draw but it isn't the worst and I agree with him.

nothin but agree with Mr. Plat

Austrian Gooner

anyone knows how to get to tickets for the game in torino if you don't have an official supporters club in your country - and where will the arsenal supporters section will be in torino to get tickets near by

*Juve Fan*

hello everybody!

first: sorry for my english! I`m a juventus supporter and I don`t want to disturbe just talk about soccer

yes....the champions league quarter final is arsenal against juve! I think it will be a good match! I have a lot of respect for arsenal! i`m an italian-swiss guy and so i`m looking forward to see senderos and djourou

omega man

Lets have no negative attitudes on this one. For gods sake Juve are
more than lucky to be still in it so why the hell do some think we
cant beat them. Its a cup knock out scenario and if Pool did it
last year anyone can. We are the underdogs and have nothing
to lose whereas the pressure will be on for the top dogs Barca, AC
and Juve. Personally i think it will be another "weak" team to win it
again this year.

2-2 1st leg
0-2 2nd leg

patrick42uk

Established Member
juve sometimes play the long ball game and have midfielders who play both technically and physically. these are things we'v handled with difficulty in the prem.

on the other hand, juve are a team that dont chase games too well. it is very possible to get a lead and then play men behind the ball to shut them out.

GlasGreenGunner

Only Villarreal, Ajax and Benfica are the "weak teams" that are left in it though mate, and taking that from their league positions or status of their league.
Can't see any of them winning it.

Top Bottom