• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Lokomotiv Moscow | 10/12/03

Andrew

We were the best team in the group without a doubt. We clearly got through with all the rest fighting it out.

Saw the last bits of the Kiev vs. Inter game... what a match. Pure end to end stuff and they had no other choice really. Both teams could have easily won it in the end. Vieri and Martins were 2 on 1 with a defender and all Vieri had to do was cross it but he didn't. 33 shots in total in that match.

Our goals also were real good. I liked the second goal better. Great interception by Vieira... passed to Ljungberg (I think), to Henry who put Ljungberg through by kicking it over his shoulder and was there any doubt about the finish? First goal was a perfectly timed run Pires and a just as good pass by Henry. Great stuff.

Mark

Established Member
now we can concentrate on the league and get back to winning ways in the premiership.

JazzG

Established Member
We basically cruised through that match.

Some dodgy defending at times though. By Cygan, Cole and right at the end by Campbell. Like Alan Hansen says, if you ain't sure boot it. They need to learn this as well.

If anyone wants to see why Vieira is our most important player today he showed why. We dominated the midfield more 99% of that game, without him I bet at some times they would of got the better of us. Gilberto was again so bloody average, gave the ball away so cheaply at times.

orion

Well done Gunners! Did not see the match, but judging from reports we were always in command and our win was never in doubt. In the end Loko can be happy to qualify as well. Now on for the next one. :)

Andrew

JazzG said:
We basically cruised through that match.

Some dodgy defending at times though. By Cygan, Cole and right at the end by Campbell. Like Alan Hansen says, if you ain't sure boot it. They need to learn this as well.

If anyone wants to see why Vieira is our most important player today he showed why. We dominated the midfield more 99% of that game, without him I bet at some times they would of got the better of us. Gilberto was again so bloody average, gave the ball away so cheaply at times.

Vieira is seems very important when you see him play... It's amazing we did so well without him.

As for Gilberto, that wasn't the first time. I really think that Edu should at least be given a run in the midfield alongside Vieira. With Edu and Vieira in midfield it would be very well balanced IMO. For all the good work that Gilberto does that goes unnoticed, he should at least not give the ball away so cheaply.

But anyway, we won and are through! That's all that matters... it's an even playing field again and we are the in form team in Europe, winning our last 3 games. Now if only I could find the articles from some months back which had completely written us off. :D

JazzG

Established Member
I am over the moon we are through but I was VERY concerned looking at the mistakes our players were making. A better team would of punished us, I was very disappointed about this. We can't afford to make those kind of mistakes at this level.

johe

Vieria was brilliant, and was I the only one who actually thought Gilberto did a good job?? :shock:

Now let's hope we can make it to february without a loss in the premiership :p

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me Gilberto was just okay
Brillant we are through next round
It was quite a good game

PolishGooner

lokomotiv_d_7.jpg

lokomotiv_d_5.jpg

lokomotiv_d_3.jpg

lewdikris

Established Member
Gilberto did just fine, although thank christ for the return of Vieira - we can really move on with the magnificent spine of our team, Campbell, Toure, Vieira, Henry back in business again.

We'll worry about criticisms later.

WE'RE THROUGH!

Latest posts

Top Bottom