• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs. Olympiacos - 29/9/15 - 7.45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal-v-Olympiakos-CL.jpg

So, our second match in this seasons elite club competition. Our first game against Zagreb was a small disaster, so it is imperative to respond strongly at home to Olympiacos. We've won our last two domestic games, defeating Spuds and thrashing Leicester away. Now time to make amends for our poor European outing.

Team News
  • Wilshere out- Hairline fracture
  • Welbeck out- Knee injury
  • Rosicky out- Knee injury
  • Coquelin 50/50- Knee injury
  • Flamini out- Hamstring injury
  • Arteta out- Muscular injury
  • Giroud unavailable- Suspension.
Possible lineup:

Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Sanchez
Walcott​

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Chamberlain, Campbell, Iwobi.

Prediction: 4-0

Olympiacos are an average side and we should play them off the park. It's early in the group but make no mistake, this game is a must win. I feel as though we'll treat it as such and we've got way too much going forward for Olympiacos to cope with. I fancy Walcott to continue his goalscoring form with another one, Özil to open his account for the season, Alexis to score and Ramsey to break his duck.

COYG!!!

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Sucks we lost at Dinamo cause we cant really rest players here. Its a must win and to do so you have to show it by starting you're strongest players.

Still, everyone got a rest at ****hole, and this game is on tuesday and derby is on Sunday so it should all be good.

No need to risk Coquelin, save him for Utd.
Other then that, bring Gabriel back after 10 days of no games, maybe even bench Kos to give him a breather, sinc Per is back and doing well.

Would play Ramsey in the middle next to Santi or Arteta, and hope for a early safe lead so we can start with subs early and save some players

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Oh blessed thread, we meet again! Thou shall be our shepherd during this tough run of fixtures.

I'd say this is a more important win than next weekend. We absolutely have to be winning these types of group games. I'd go with this team:

Cech
Bellerin Gabrielny Monreal
Ramsey Cazorla
Campbell Özil Alexis
Theo

Bench: Ospina Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs Arteta Ox Giroud

No resting this time. We go with our full strength, no f*cking about. We have a decent sized break untill the United game anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Ox should play here it's Olympiacos they gonna park the bus for whole 90 minutes.

nicky47

Established Member
I think Ox should play here it's Olympiacos they gonna park the bus for whole 90 minutes.
Aye I want Ox to start as well man! Would like to see Campbell have an opportunity, but we can't risk not getting the 3 points here I guess...

I see Girouds being included in the teams, isn't he banned for this one chaps?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We'll probably be playing a midfield of Arteta-Cazorla. Adding Chamberlain on the wing would be a disaster.

Hopefully Coquelin is back for the weekend.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The annoying thing is we'll have one eye on Man Utd just like last time with Chelsea. Both home games though so it shouldn't be as problematic. I can see a routine 2-0.

Really want to see Ramsey in the centre at some point too.

Bould14

We are going to have to rotate but Wenger should actually stick to his rule. 3 players at most (not including GK).

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Nice one TGG. Let's keep winning.

For me it's key that for once we start dominating from kickoff. Against Leicester, we again started sloppy. We'll not always be able/allowed to comeback. Better start on the frontfoot.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel must come back for this one. Not sure who else to juggle I'd consider starting Alexis on the bench though after a hat trick he will be wanting to get more.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Arteta
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Walcott
Can't be playing Cazorla and Arteta together at CM, and Arteta is a guaranteed starter with Flamini out and Coquelin being readied for United.

Please.... please Wenger..... don't start Sanchez, Walcott, or Özil against Olympiakos. We need them fresh for United :)

I'd say this is a more important win than next weekend.

E8uut.gif

No way Jose. Beating United is not only a huge feat in itself for Arsenal but they are top of the league atm. It's an absolutely massive match.
And not to sound too... fatalist?.. but it was clear since the groups were drawn that we were going to finish 2nd in our CL group. Won't finish ahead of Bayern, won't finish below Zagreb or Olympiakos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom