• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 14/09/04

afrodizzy

PSV is our first opponents in this year's CL group qualifiers. PSV cannot be written off, the last time these two sides met at Highbury in return fixture we were held to a goalless draw. Having previously beaten them 4-0 in the first leg in Holland. PSV comes to highbury tomorrow having Lost 3 games during the pre-season tournaments between Manchester, Boca Juniors & Rodester. They have also won 3 & draw 2 since the start of their new season. The last game was a draw. If you have not seen the full insight of our opponents I suggest you have a look at this :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal-mania.com/?page=articles&view=full&article=483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal-mania.com/?page=arti ... rticle=483</a>

However Arsenal are in top form I'm predicting 4-0 again to Arsenal. I'm tipping Jose to come out blazing & Henry to grab two while Bergkamp & Pires each grab one. I have an inkling that Patrick Viera will start this game but will make way for Cesc in the second half. What are your thoughts??

westo

I reckon 3-0 i can't see PSV scoring without Kezman. They are pretty weak defensively so i expect another game like we had against Fulham, tough for the first 60 mins untill they run out of steam and then Arsenal to run out easy winners.

afrodizzy

henry's girl said:
4-0 to arsenal. maybe we'll break our own record (score in 10sec ;D )

I hope we do as we hold the record for the fastest goal in CL Gilberto's goal was just 87 seconds

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Afrodizzy is right when he says that PSV can't be written off. Even though they have lost the likes of Rommedahl, Hofland and Kezman over the summer, they stll have a classy central midfield pairing of Philip Cocu and Marc van Bommel.

Henry IV

I think we can win this game comfortably. I think PSV may come to Highbury to defend, like Ajax did in 2003, but with Reyes in the team we have the ability to break through.

Mark

Established Member
I still can't decide what lineup we should play. Thankfully it's not up to me. :p I hope Bergkamp and Reyes play and I think we will win 2-0. Do not underestimate them and remember it is not so easy to take our league form into Europe with us. I think we should all calm down a bit. I'd say 2-0 is a realistic result. If we really turn it on, of course, we can probably score more. We'll see.

efurze

King_Henry_14 said:
20.59 seconds to be exact!!!

Football matches are timed to the 100th of a sec? What on earth for?

If Freddie's fit (minor back problem after Fulham, apparently) then I'd prefer the lineup from saturday with Reyes starting ahead of Pires. Bring Pires and Cesc on at 65 for a boost of creativity.

I hope the boys are up for the game, this should be the stiffest competition of the season so far.

afrodizzy

I still can't decide what lineup we should play.

This might be the lilkley line up

_______________________Lehman__________________________________

Lauren___________Toure___________Cygan____________Coles

Llungberg_________Gilberto________Viera______________Pires

________________Bergkamp_________________Henry

Reyes will come in for Pires in the 65th min, also Cesc for Viera in 75th min. JP will not play.

slapz

They should start with Reyes on the left wing and bring Pires on as a sub later

Let him run at the PSV defence and open up some gaps for others as well

slapz

afrodizzy said:
From Reyes's recent perfomances it dont matter when he starts as long as he plays

Yeah but if he's on the left wing, we have three attackers on the pitch at the same time and it'd be unlikely all 3 would have a stinker AND it gives the team a lot of flexibility to confuse PSV

Stim

We need to take this game seriously and play our best team, and Reyes is in our best team. We need to start how we mean to go on, not like last season.

quattro

dont really know if we'll start reyes (spoiled for choice i know) but i really think we should start bergkamp. it'd be a waste of his fine form as it is seeing as he wont be able to play too many CL matches to begin with.

start him now, rest him in the bolton game in the weekend where reyes starts instead.

afrodizzy

shaz said:
hopefully van the man will get to play

Very unlikely lacks match fitness as he has not featured in start of the season game. His last match was the Charity Shield, I don't see him starting.

Top Bottom