• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Villarreal | 19/04/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dawn raids

Established Member
what more needs to be said.

make no mistake, this team is quality. theyve already gotten a result at Old Trafford, so weve got out hands full.

Pigfat

Never take anything for granted, they will be a difficult team to beat.

Especially with Riquelme & Forlan etc. on form.

I still have faith it's our season.

Liberace

one thing to note here and the reason why they play like a premiership team.

Their manager got his uefa coaching badge under the guidance from no other than........

Alex Ferguson.

G H ost

arsenal are going to paris

Serious. they played well second leg against inter when relquilllemherinpossibleoverlygreedy (sp?) stepped up

but thats it.

see you in Paris, no long thing

lobozinho

With all respect to Forlan, Sorin, Senna, Tacchinardi and Riquelme, they are a limited side compared to Arsenal. No shame in being favourite in this one, but there is lot of work to be done over two legs.

yonatan

I hate feeling like I'm being arrogant (as all those ****ty Manure and Chelski fans) but I honestly can't see us losing this. Possibly one leg because of Riquelme (the man is quite the genius) but it seems so incredibly unlikely. They have **** players although together they form a pretty good team. Their main CB is okay but their two other ones are ****. Jose Mari is ****. Marcos Sena is okay and Tachinardi is okay but really is nothing special. Forlan has been missing chances like crazy this year, not like last year where he was quite good. The only threat IMO is Riquelme and although he's pretty amazing, he can't do everything alone against us. We should take this easily.

SevaMoscow

ИМХО не соперник Вилльяреал Гуннерам, так что моя заветная мечта, финал с Барсой вполне реален...
I think that villareal not the contender, and my treasured dream the ending with Bars-ой is quite real...
Excuse for bad English

The only threat IMO is Riquelme and although he's pretty amazing, he can't do everything alone against us.
Херня-Riquelme, я наблюдал за ним, играет посредственно, он там далеко не лучший, да там вообще в принципе лучшийх то нет)...
"Херня"(Without translation) -Riquelme, I observed of it, plays mediocrely, it there is far not the best, yes there in general basically the best are not present)...

koivu

I really wish people wouldn't look ahead to Paris!!!

Villareal can play good football and they'll be up for this as much as us.

Fingers are crossed!

kanooo

I just hope our boys keep their feet on the ground, do not underestimate their opponents, go and do their thing and get the job done.

I guess that would be enough to get us through to the final.

kazack

easy? I think you don´t now this team to much...

I´m from Mallorca and I obviusly see spanish football, they are a top class team with a population of only 44 thousand people, they have a lot of merit, and they have signed for next year:

- Nihat, Pires and Lovenkrands

mariaines

they have lots of quality and if you compare the way of play and liverpool's (for example, taking a team they played) of course they'll look much much better. But now let's compare them with Arsenal:
Their 1st weakness is that they're slow or at least, not as fast as Arsenal.

Second, they tend to centralize their game to riquelme (like any other south american team tehy have only one truly playmaker), which can be good for them if he's unmarked but can be really bad if he's properly marked. Riquelme has not too many liberties to play in Spain like he has in Europe, so villarreal is not doing so well like last season.
I can understand teams like manure or liverpool because they're not used to face players like him so they got scared. But this shouldn't happen to Arsenal.
On the other hand, they're not used to play attacking sides in Europe and Spain (well, except Barça), because every team gets very deffensive against them. So they'll be surprised by Arsenal's direct attack.

I think the real enemy for Arsenal is not their football but their spirit. They are a truly commited team, with no egos (well, probably riquelme's, but he's quite shy) comming up.They know they're making history and that this CL season will probably not happen again to them.
Their coach is very organized, disciplinated and also very ambitious, he has also had though times (like all his country waiting for him to fail and to be sacked since he first coached a team outside Chile) so he knows how to keep his feet on the ground.

We'll see. But i know villarreal and i know Arsenal, and i don't have any doubts Arsenal will be in Paris on May, 17th.. waiting for Barça to come out of the dressing room :D (hope so.. fingers crossed!!!!!)

Liberace

They are a tough tough side, very hard working. Like Bolton and West ham and with much better players.

And lets not forget the awesome Riquelme. We need 3 players on him to keep him quiet!!

Rahul

theodore said:
They are a tough tough side, very hard working. Like Bolton and West ham and with much better players.

And lets not forget the awesome Riquelme. We need 3 players on him to keep him quiet!!

And they will need 3 on cesc if his form continues and probably their whole defence on henry if he is on song :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom