• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Villarreal | 19/04/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester

Established Member
celestis said:
jester said:
celestis said:
Jester what you say is true, but did you have to give him the rolling eyes treatment?

:lol: a bit harsh i know... :wink:

dont make me do it to you...

:lol: don't worry mate , a warning is all I need !

good. glad you got the message :lol:

back to the game:
i really cant see us going out, villareal at most will get 1-0, which takes it to extratime, i dont see them holding us out for 120minutes.

this game will be a big one for reyes, we needed a player like him, villareal play very narrow

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i really dont understand this stupid "library" thingy that is being associated with us... i swear i could hear chants and songs and whatever the hell there is to be sang every now and then at highbury and i've been watching the games from tv all the time ffs (i'm from a very far place).. okay maybe we're not as vocal as liverpool fans but to call highbury as "the library" is pure absurd.

chelsux fans are by far the worst, especially since they won the PL title. you will only hear them sing when they score a goal (typical glory hunters). other than that, you'll think you're born deaf.

heck you'll even get more noise at carrow road (still remember our game there.. what great fans them canaries have... losing and still singing for their team (norwich 1 - arsenal 4))

respect 8)

DOUBLE-YOU

i think we should practice set pieces for this game. villareal looked vulnerable at set plays. Funnily the weakest part of our game looked our strongest. i feel we can capitalise and grab a goal with a set play in the second leg.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
DOUBLE-YOU said:
i think we should practice set pieces for this game. villareal looked vulnerable at set plays. Funnily the weakest part of our game looked our strongest. i feel we can capitalise and grab a goal with a set play in the second leg.

yea i thought so too...

we looked really dangerous on corners against villareal rather than our usual pass-pass-pass-goal routine...

we are just so unpredictable in CL this season 8)

KingReyes

Established Member
jester said:
hertyid said:
calisto said:
I see us playing well in the return leg, we just have to be disciplined. I see Reyes coming back as a plus bcos he seems to play well on Spanish soil. We should just stay composed and try and nick an away goal or more.... Come on Gooners!!! One thing, Arsenal fans can't sing, we need some singing lessons.

Thou speakest the truth....

:roll:
everytime i've been to highbury we sing all the time. at least we'd had something to sing about.
typical part-time fans, here things like 'highbury = library' and remember it because it rhymes. if you actually watched a game you'd here us singing, sure not as loud as some fans alla liverpool, but we do sing. you could here us in the bernabeau (sp) with a tiny fraction of the supporters and you could here vieira mocking chants in turin. if you'd watched the villareal game you'd also have heard singing, even about the damn squirral

get a clue.

The away support is always better than the home support. Plus I don't know whats the big deal about Liverpool's support. They have great fans but they aren't as loud as they are made to be. I've seen quite a few 'Pool games and the atmosphere is rather poor.

Biggus

Established Member
Parkour said:
universialemcee said:
What would happen if villareal beats us 1-0 in 90 minutes, but at OT we score and they score one and it becomes 2-1. Would away goals count and we advance?

I'm pretty sure would win on away goals.

If we score the tie is effectivly over...... as they then need to win 3-1 which obviously won't happen 8)

fuzz

Every champions league game we've played in the knock out rounds I've thought we would conceide, despite our defensive record. Now that I am confident of a clean sheet, I am worrying I might jinx the team into conceding. With that in mind i predict:

1-1 :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
bojed said:
i really dont understand this stupid "library" thingy that is being associated with us... i swear i could hear chants and songs and whatever the hell there is to be sang every now and then at highbury and i've been watching the games from tv all the time ffs (i'm from a very far place).. okay maybe we're not as vocal as liverpool fans but to call highbury as "the library" is pure absurd.

chelsux fans are by far the worst, especially since they won the PL title. you will only hear them sing when they score a goal (typical glory hunters). other than that, you'll think you're born deaf.

heck you'll even get more noise at carrow road (still remember our game there.. what great fans them canaries have... losing and still singing for their team (norwich 1 - arsenal 4))

respect 8)

This season Arsenal fans have been fantastic, much better.

Being completely honest though, I've got to admit we haven't been the best in recent years.

kel varnsen

Established Member
bojed said:
i really dont understand this stupid "library" thingy that is being associated with us..

you don't? the last few times i've been to highbury, it's actually been fairly quiet. especially on the east and west stand. clock end and north bank are slightly better, but still not great. me and a few mates tried to get a few songs going, but the people around just stared at us like we were insane.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
kel varnsen said:
bojed said:
i really dont understand this stupid "library" thingy that is being associated with us..

you don't? the last few times i've been to highbury, it's actually been fairly quiet. especially on the east and west stand. clock end and north bank are slightly better, but still not great. me and a few mates tried to get a few songs going, but the people around just stared at us like we were insane.

too bad i've never been to highbury... or else i can be the legendary mad-hatter..

probably will get my as$ kicked for being too noisy too :lol:

only_1_man_can

Villareal

Villareal won't play well in spain, I mean you saw in Highbury, they had to result to pathetic dives in an attempt to get what they want, I fancy Arsneal thrashing Villareal in Spain, I suspect Arsène will expect no less of his team either, it will be so cool when Arsenal go to Paris, and if they win the CL, how beautiful will it be for Henry to raise the Cup in France and hopefully he will sign an extension

jester

Established Member
well, henry got half a rest, as did cesc and eboue.

senderos should be fine.

looks like our only chance of cl next year.

nazo

Established Member
bojed said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

yea i thought so too...

we looked really dangerous on corners against villareal rather than our usual pass-pass-pass-goal routine...

we are just so unpredictable in CL this season 8)

Never heard of that for a while.
This season it's been pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass....etc Then on the counter attack it's .... GOAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom