• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I managed to borrow a programme from a bloke from my office I met inside the stadium, to read whilst he visited the "pissoir" (what was with those water jets in the bogs?!).

By the time he got back about 10 people had asked where I got it from. Though I was going to be mugged by our own fans. I did invest 20 euros in one of those baseball caps, which I shall be wearing proudly round NW London today...

A few people seemed to have taken more than one t shirt resulting in a few complaints.

But all in all a great day marred by some bloke from Norway.

Oncce Henry missed that chance at 1-0, then I knew he was going to stay. He could have bought his house in catalonia, learnt the lingo and shipped his furniture over, but he couuld never leave on that note.

James

Established Member
Beany said:
A few people seemed to have taken more than one t shirt resulting in a few complaints.
I had mine nicked. ****s. Apparently some guy was just going round taking them all from the seats 15 minutes before kick off.

I loved the "Ronaldinho's gay" version of 'we're on our way' which was going round a fair bit.

Also:
Champions League, they waited all year,
The Gooner chef gave them diearhea!

Iniesta

too bad you can't except that ronaldinho is pure class.
He didn't had his best match against Arsenal, but didn't play on his normal place.

He's just a joy to watch. I think that counts for lots of football fans. To bad you enjoy singing these things.

Tegh

Established Member
Iniesta, I don't think anyone hates Ronaldinho, but it was just a bit of light ribbing. He's an immense player, but you have got to get behind your team on the night and support them.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Iniesta, one thing I learnt on Wednesday is that you guys take yourself far too seriously. Most of your mob looked liked they were on their way to the library to relax with some Neichtze. Looking at some of your web blogs you'd think Barca had a devine right to win that game, sign Henry... whatever.

It's football, you're a great team. So are we. You got a bit lucky and you won. Well done. But I'm looking forward to our next meeting so we can kick your arses 11 v 11 and so that Mad Jens can have his revenge...

Iniesta

Beany said:
Iniesta, one thing I learnt on Wednesday is that you guys take yourself far too seriously. Most of your mob looked liked they were on their way to the library to relax with some Neichtze. Looking at some of your web blogs you'd think Barca had a devine right to win that game, sign Henry... whatever.

It's football, you're a great team. So are we. You got a bit lucky and you won. Well done. But I'm looking forward to our next meeting so we can kick your arses 11 v 11 and so that Mad Jens can have his revenge...
mayby you hit a nail there. Barcelona for us is much more than only a football team. I could be that we take it to seriously, but that has to do with what the club stands for, and for it's history...

hujja

Established Member
Beany said:

Amen to that!

Tegh

Established Member
Iniesta said:
Beany said:

mayby you hit a nail there. Barcelona for us is much more than only a football team. I could be that we take it to seriously, but that has to do with what the club stands for, and for it's history...
Our club has history too. I guess both sets of fans have different methods of channelling their passion.

thegame24

Established Member
You are celebrating the fact that we lost a game you **** had nothing to do with.

Do we need to remind you that WE beat you to fourth spot and WE cost you a champions league place, cause WE are better than you.

You dumb ****

thegame24

Established Member
Bergy_1995 said:
I'd love to have seen Sp**s play Barca in that final.

You'd have got absolutely mauled.

They will probably **** themselves before the game and blame their hotel for showing them clips of Ronaldinho.

RangersArsenal

Arsenal were very unlucky playing 70 mins with 10 men they looked as if they were going to win the cup but Larrson made the difference when he came on. I may add i felt at the time when Jens brought him down for the sending off i thought the ref was going to let the goal stand. imo that would have made the game even better to watch up untill that point Arsenal were the better team and if the ref had kept the game 11 vs 11 it would have given Arsenal a greater chance of winning the game.

ps i take my hat off to the team as they performed great on the night going 1-0 up after being sent down to 10 men against the most gifted team in europe.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Tegh said:
Iniesta said:
Beany said:

Our club has history too. I guess both sets of fans have different methods of channelling their passion.

Their fanbase carry around a shedload of political baggage which, in my opinion, has no place in football. Much like the Celtic Rangers thing (no offence, rangersarsenal!).

Iniesta

politics and the Catalan identity is just part of Barcelona.
with all respect, but i think our history is one of the strongest in the world i think.

But that could be a good reason why we don't take everything that lightly about our club.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Iniesta said:
politics and the Catalan identity is just part of Barcelona.
with all respect, but i think our history is one of the strongest in the world i think.

But that could be a good reason why we don't take everything that lightly about our club.

Guess you must be jealous of Real Madrid then cos they are a bigger club with a more illustrious history.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Dula - you really ain't got a clue mate. Not a clue.

When Barca fans put up 'more than a club' they really mean it, probably more than any club in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom