• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

31Robry09

I feel Clichy played well last night, and i feel that as well as defensively he can offer more attacking options which we'll need in the final.
Flamini has done brilliantly but he's not a natural left back, I think Clichy should start if he's fit.

tgr

i would like to see atm:

--------------lehmann

best back four

---------------gilberto

alex-----cesc----freddie/jose---robert

---------------titi

dublingunner

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
What colour will we be wearing for the final?

I guess it depends who the "home" team is. At the draw for the quarters upwards they made another draw to decide who would be adjudged "home" and who would be "away". I don't know which we are but I'm sure if we're home we'll be wearing the redcurrant.

dublingunner

Established Member
hertyid said:
Hey. Have been on here a lot the last few weeks, mainly involved in arguments over the relative merits of Sp**s and how to measure our success this season, but whilst I hate to say it, last night and today are all about Arsenal. You rode your luck, you played like s**t (why I'll never know, even Wenger couldn't understand it), but 10 clean sheets don't lie. You've been brilliant in the CL this season, you've somehow managed to coax the best out of previously average players (Gilberto is finally playing like a WC winner, and Flamini, last year he couldn't even play in CM, now he's a LB!).

Anyway, just wanted to say well done. I still hope you lose in Paris obviously. Anything else would be terrible for Sp**s. But for getting this far I congratulate you. Barca or Milan, both will be the biggest test so far, probably in the top 3 teams in Europe right now with Chelsea, but you've as good a chance as anyone.

Ronaldinho v Henry, hell even I'm excited.

Thank you and piss off, in that order.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
dublingunner said:
TheHotshot said:

I guess it depends who the "home" team is. At the draw for the quarters upwards they made another draw to decide who would be adjudged "home" and who would be "away". I don't know which we are but I'm sure if we're home we'll be wearing the redcurrant.

But say if we got "away" and we want to wear the red currant instead, do you think Barca would be kind enough to let us wear the red currant instead and they'll wear the yellow? Because Milan last year was kind enough to let Liverpool wear their home kit despite Pool getting "away"

dublingunner

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
dublingunner said:
TheHotshot said:

But say if we got "away" and we want to wear the red currant instead, do you think Barca would be kind enough to let us wear the red currant instead and they'll wear the yellow? Because Milan last year was kind enough to let Liverpool wear their home kit despite Pool getting "away"

Well nobody can answer that except Barcelona. I hope TBH that we wear the yellow, the players have complained about the visibility of the redcurrant, and I have to say, I think the yellow looks cool. Especially the socks. :shock: :lol:

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Also if we wear yellow, the idiot Barca players will be confused because they too have been wearing yellow as the away kit this season. Who knows, maybe Ronnie will do a back pass.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i guess arsenal and barca/milan can wear home jersey...

it's not that difficult to distinct the two teams that will be playing in the final...

jester

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
dublingunner said:
TheHotshot said:

we are the away team in the final. ironic considering its wengers and henrys home. i suspect we'll play in the yellow, but we'll try to play in home kit.

so puyol could be suspended, and messi is a doubt.
hows xavi's injury?

jester

Established Member
i put this in the villareal thread, and i'll put it here too:
if flamini or senderos cant play through injury those fans who are lucky enough to go should sing their names, just to show our appreciation for them.
and of course sing the rest!
our chance to show the whole world we are not quiet fans.
and if we're losing sing more. look at liverpool last season, spurred on by the fans. we can be the twelf man, or we could let barca half the twelf man.

gunnerGH

Established Member
I have a prediction this will be the longest thread ever!

What a game this will be whoever we play.

Its been a long road for some of the players. and it will mean alot to some individuals.

Would be:

A great way to end Bergkamps career

A remarkable achievement for the captain who has been criticsed so much

An amazing turn of events for sol who has had many critics on the forums including me.

Well done on getting there boys

jester

Established Member
bergkamp to come on in the last 15minutes to waste time after us being 1-0 up, and him scoring on a counterattack.
that would be heaven.
vieira's last kick won us the f.a cup, lets home bergkamp's wins us the champs league. (lets hope not thierry's last touch)

wengerboy

Established Member
For the people that are going make sure we get a gaint banner with the words " the Pride Of London" :) that should stuff the jose and chelski board who claim to be :roll:

we might not get the chance any time soon and those chelski dudes are really pissing me off.

After all that money chelski spent, they still get upstage by arsenal :twisted:

kel varnsen

Established Member
the biggest problem with barca, is not their attack or ronaldinho. it is their central midfield. they're not only three top class individual footballers, they work extremely hard off the ball. they are almost never caught on the break. if we want to get them on the counter attack, we need to be at out very best. attack quickly, with lots of players and pin point passing.

we probably need to get the ball out on the wings between the full back and the wingers. that is where barca are most vulnerable.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah I think Hleb and Eboue can have a great time against van Bronckhorst, and I'm not sure who they play at RB these days, Olegeur (sp?) or Belleti I presume, neither of which are that frightening. Not sure who we'd play on the left though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
oleguer is actually a pretty decent right back, imo. decent going forward and a solid defender. i think our right side will have it easier...

BannedKwame

kel varnsen said:
oleguer is actually a pretty decent right back, imo. decent going forward and a solid defender. i think our right side will have it easier...
Yea, Oleguer is a very good RB-- defensively. Against any other player, he would be OK, but against Henry he will have issues. I imagine Edmilson will be told to slide for help, or perhaps maybe Puyol. But either way, I think because of Henry, Arsenal will have spaces in front of their back 4, and on the left of their defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom