• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal | Wed 4th Nov 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yh I'll give him a while longer but we may have to accept that he's just not that good. It happens sometimes, not every signing will be a success I guess.

It was always going to take Chamber longer anyways , he doesn't have the recovery pace those guys have to cover his mistakes , should make him a better defender in the end though .

TheSage

The shortcomings in our fullbacks was horribly exposed ... however on the plus side the goal difference in our group will be "fixed" when BM bang four or five past Oly and DZ, so two wins will still see us through ... more concerned about Sunday, with Bellerin a doubt how do we shore up the defence ... Spuds are not Bayern but they do play the same pressing style, and they have pace out wide ... at least we're at home.

ChampagneFootball

The shortcomings in our fullbacks was horribly exposed ... however on the plus side the goal difference in our group will be "fixed" when BM bang four or five past Oly and DZ, so two wins will still see us through ... more concerned about Sunday, with Bellerin a doubt how do we shore up the defence ... Spuds are not Bayern but they do play the same pressing style, and they have pace out wide ... at least we're at home.

One word to sum up Sp**s is 'energy'.

They aren't great.. but they run for days and have young and enthusiastic players. We should win if we are on our best but, equally, we have liabilities that they can expose if they get it right. I'm not as confident as I should be.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Thoughts on the match are that Wenger got the lineup completely wrong. You can't play two players with barely 180 mins of football between them this season on the same side. We literally had no right side for half the match. You saw once Gibbs came on we looked far more threatening. We actually looked quite decent for a lot of the second half.

You're kidding right? Tell me what options we actually had? All of them are injured - this was literally it. Any other options we did have would have resulted in an even bigger defeat.

General

Established Member
Debuchy will be fine against Tottenham. lack of protection in front of him is the concern and I doubt Bellerin would've done any better today. I've never known a team suffer key injuries at crucial periods like we do and it's been like this for years.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
im off, going to do a carriot cake, see ya boys!
wasn't kidding
11221521_10206613365727335_8534983685532935574_n.jpg

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Was you not going to finish that off with some cheese butter icing? Dont get me wrong, I'd murder that cake as it is... Carrot cake from Argieland... I love the ****ing internet.:lol:
im on the verge of putting an sweet homemade tangerine sauce on top of that, im just waiting for it to get cold.
recipe is super easy if you have a blender, you just trow everything there and put it on the oven.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Our circumstances this game would have changed the game completely if they were the other way around. Imagine if we faced Bayern with a full team while they had injuries including: Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Boateng, and Martinez.

That was basically the game, except we were the team with the missing players. **** the media and **** Bayern's smug faces for thinking this was because "we are weak" and "Bayern is sooooo much better".

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Debuchy will be fine against Tottenham. lack of protection in front of him is the concern and I doubt Bellerin would've done any better today. I've never known a team suffer key injuries at crucial periods like we do and it's been like this for years.

When you carry so many injury prone players in a squad of 25 that's the result.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
I forgot this and I think most of you did too.. but there is nothing such as goal difference in the champions league groups, so it doesn't matter how many goals Bayern score against us or Olympicos.

the rules are if 2 teams finish on the same points then it is based on head to head with that team. No goal difference.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Debuchy is a big problem for us, I said it many times on here, 95% of the times he plays we lost. He is poor most of the time he has ever played, this season and last season. He is way too slow for RB. Bellerin is just many levels above.

The other teams target Debuchy, every time he plays they are always going down his side, no matter who we play, even teams like Sheffield Wednesday was ripping him to shreds. When Bellerin plays it happens much less. people think he is weak and he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom