• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal - 16/09/2015, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartandre217

Established Member
Arteta is beyond a liability right now. The guy can barely move. Wenger's negligence in the transfer market showing up massively and we're only on game 6.

How you decide that a 33 year old Arteta; someone who's missed a year of football previously, is a good enough backup for a title chasing side is beyond me.

Great guy off the pitch but why is that enough to stop us getting a legitimate back up to Coquelin?

Andrea Pirlo is less mobile than Arteta and has been for years, but Juve used him well tactically. Surrounding him with incredibly mobile and fit players who played well on both ends of the field

StoppageTime

Arteta is beyond a liability right now. The guy can barely move. Wenger's negligence in the transfer market showing up massively and we're only on game 6.

How you decide that a 33 year old Arteta; someone who's missed a year of football previously, is a good enough backup for a title chasing side is beyond me.

Great guy off the pitch but why is that enough to stop us getting a legitimate back up to Coquelin?

You're right, Arteta should never stop us buying cover. Was a huge fan during his everton days, quality player back then. Seems like Wenger still hasn't accepted the fact that nowadays you need atleast one physically strong DM to cover the back 4. Look at the difference coq made last season. You could certainly argue that a side like Arsenal need one more than most, when you take into account our kamikaze bomber full backs . I'd need to see a run of Arteta-Coq before I can completely write Arteta off as a player, but Arteta-Santi is just naive/incompetent management imo.

law90026

Established Member
Andrea Pirlo is less mobile than Arteta and has been for years, but Juve used him well tactically. Surrounding him with incredibly mobile and fit players who played well on both ends of the field
Please don't compare Arteta to Pirlo. Just don't.

You can't even compare the range and accuracy of Pirlo's passing to Arteta.

General

Established Member
Playing Giroud upfront kind of undermined the objective of the night. You always need a pacey striker in these away games and the change was obvious when Walcott came on. In fact we looked more cohesive going forward. I get the feeling his days are numbered but Wenger won't bow to pressure and get rid of him when the focus is on him.

And Gerrard can **** off with this old no leaders argument, considering the team we put out. We had more leaders on the pitch than he ever had in his last season at Liverpool, himself included.

Scandrew

We usually play one proper defensive midfielder in the form of Coq and a deep lying play maker in the form of Cazorla. Both of these two complement each other as both have pace/explosiveness to cut passing lines, cover space and apply pressure and even then I think Coq has to play out of his skin to make the midfield looked relatively balanced.

Coq makes up for Cazorla's weaknesses (strength/tackling ability). Arteta does not, and actually lacks the pace as well to put a cherry on top.

From what I saw, Dinamo played their two widemen pushed up to stretch our defence and having a duo of Cazorla/Arteta in midfield they did not have the athleticism to cope with supporting either the wings or the back line in defence.

Either we need the right tactics to support our personnel or new personnel to support our tactics, otherwise; certain players will need to continually play out of their skin to make our team appear balanced. The difference between Arsenal and the top teams is that because their teams are more balanced they are able to play at a higher level more consistently and beat teams that play well. We seem only to play good when our opposition plays bad.

BobP

Memri Fan
On RedCafe, they have this thread about footballing intelligence and whether or not their squad is the most advanced in terms of it. Some suggested that ourselves and City are ahead of them.

To that I say, the hell we are, some of the **** are players do on the pitch is just ****ing stupid at times, especially in an attacking sense.

My_Two_Cents

On RedCafe, they have this thread about footballing intelligence and whether or not their squad is the most advanced in terms of it. Some suggested that ourselves and City are ahead of them.

To that I say, the hell we are, some of the **** are players do on the pitch is just ****ing stupid at times, especially in an attacking sense.
I think all English teams are way behind tactically compared to Europe. Read a quote from the Zagreb manager saying how they did their home work on us, planned accordingly and got the result.

I mean, when you're getting out-thunk by these random geezers managing ****ty teams, you really need to take a look at yourself

BobP

Memri Fan
I think all English teams are way behind tactically compared to Europe. Read a quote from the Zagreb manager saying how they did their home work on us, planned accordingly and got the result.

I mean, when you're getting out-thunk by these random geezers managing ****ty teams, you really need to take a look at yourself

As has already been mentioned, the Zagreb manager is chatting chit, we were all over them with and without the 11 men.

My_Two_Cents

As has already been mentioned, the Zagreb manager is chatting chit, we were all over them with and without the 11 men.
To be expected with the disparity in player quality. They had a plan and it worked out for them - there was luck still involved no doubt, but their tactics worked. Us being a shower of **** didn't help either

sharongur

If you watch AW press conference youll see that he underestimate tactics.

All over the interview he said there are no surprises and everything is known,when asked if he'll something special to exploit chelseas weaknesses like defence and stuff, basically saying managers have nothing to do but wait for "the performance of the day"... give it a watch and tell me its not what you understand between the lines

ScotVieira

Established Member
If you watch AW press conference youll see that he underestimate tactics.

All over the interview he said there are no surprises and everything is known,when asked if he'll something special to exploit chelseas weaknesses like defence and stuff, basically saying managers have nothing to do but wait for "the performance of the day"... give it a watch and tell me its not what you understand between the lines
What do you expect?
Wenger has never publicly discussed his tactics, even when we went to citeh last season with a supposedly uncharacteristic formation.

If you expect Wenger to come out and say "we will do such and such...", you have not watched him for long enough.

Eduardo_da_Silva

All over them? I have no idea what game did You watch, but I would be the first one to come out and say that Dinamo were bad, but they werent. Great plan, tactically very mature, and with the 2 goals scored it could have been at least 3 more. When we beat city in similar manner executing a counter attacking plan, everybody were proud despite the fact they hade control of the game. Arsenal were outrun and beaten by a team that is second youngest team in the competition and that has a **** manager and awful defence. Dont mock their well deserved victory, mock our dear Arsène Wenger and both his and his players attitude, and the fact that preparations for the game was awful.

P.S. Özil revealed to one of Dinamos players that he has no idea who they are playing just a day before the game, and Dinamo had a english coach fly to Zagreb and give deep analysis into Arsenal weaknesses. Tells the whole story really...

vjeko-3008

All over them? I have no idea what game did You watch, but I would be the first one to come out and say that Dinamo were bad, but they werent. Great plan, tactically very mature, and with the 2 goals scored it could have been at least 3 more. When we beat city in similar manner executing a counter attacking plan, everybody were proud despite the fact they hade control of the game. Arsenal were outrun and beaten by a team that is second youngest team in the competition and that has a **** manager and awful defence. Dont mock their well deserved victory, mock our dear Arsène Wenger and both his and his players attitude, and the fact that preparations for the game was awful.

P.S. Özil revealed to one of Dinamos players that he has no idea who they are playing just a day before the game, and Dinamo had a english coach fly to Zagreb and give deep analysis into Arsenal weaknesses. Tells the whole story really...

I gotta agree with Eduardo because I was at the stadium. First of all, I (and I believe every other Gooner on the south stand) could see that the referee was hellbent to sent Giroud off after he got his first yellow. Why couldn't Wenger see that Giroud is loose cannon and substitute him?

Second, our approach for this game was - pass the ball around, exploit oppositions weaknesses and score because they are probably rubbish. Emphasis is on ”rubbish” because as Eduardo_da_Silva mentioned, players didn't even know who they are facing. As this approach was also in motion in our season opener against West Ham, what did anyone of you expect?

Come on guys, all Croatian newspapers were for days full with articles and interview with Dinamo Zagreb's manager who frankly told that he advised Slaven Bilic for tactics against Arsenal. I mean, Boro Primorac understands Croatian language so he could easily translate the news prior to the game so Wenger could “tactically” prepare for the game.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that AW has only two tactics this season - bloody tika-taka approach that will backfire in our faces in 8/10 cases and pressing from the first minute as seen against Stoke. Well, I'm pretty sure that 99% of supporters would like to see the latter one.

Anyway, only thing I regret is taking my nephew to the game with me because who knows whether he'll ever see Arsenal play live again (we are from Croatia) and who cried his eyes out after conceding second goal.

MrSplash

Did he plan for giroud red card?

Just making himself look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom