• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think you know why he didnt play.. if we needed him to, he would have.. as it was, we won 3-0 without him and AW is keeping his options open in terms of a possible transfer.... if he played, he either stays or goes for about 5 million less than if he doesnt play...

daniel

Thommybhoy said:
thegame24 said:
btw is zagrebs sponser a licence plate????

Not a licence plate but the city. ZG U SRCU is because of that made like a licence plate and it means Zagreb in our hearts

BTW I just returned from the game. It was good supporting, but not excellent with nice 1967 coreography:) Only 100 Gooners though?! Why didn't Reyes actually play?

I think Reyes didn't play cause that would make his price lower, and his chances for departure would decrease.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Dinamo put in a fantastic effort tonight, there was no disgrace in their loss.

Their fans were also a credit too, lets hope they draw Tottenham in the UEFA Cup and knock them out! :D

Thanks for the nice wishes. I wish Dinamo-Arsenal match in 2007 UEFA Supecup, so there would be no result importance :) Arsenal there would also be enough, but as CL winner of course :)

About Reyes
http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/26565 ... usion.html

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Fabregas is a class act. He never looked match fit at all but then produced two goals of the highest quality. A few more signings and we can really challenge Chelsea.

Well played by Dynamo. A good Organised team and defended well for most of the match. Your fans are also amazing.

santana

Congrats to the Arsenal, your team really plays a very nice football. This was a great chance for our players to learn. We desperately need this kind of games, with teams much stronger than ours, we just don't know to play defensive football. I'm really sorry that our team was not at its best tonight, the atmosphere and a big name scarred them too much. But, I'm sure this lesson will return somewhere, maybe even this season in UEFA league.

I was impressed with Cesc's physical presence. For the second goal in particular he managed to brush off some fairly rough challenges and there were numerous occasions when he held off would-be tacklers before turning away from them. Hleb was awesome

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
what was the average age of our team today again? Not just the starting 11, also the guys who were at the bench. Such an amazing group of kids. Show me a team with that average age that can really compete in the football of today. We just don't know how we are blessed. This kids will be something very special guys. This is Wenger's masterpiece before he leaves us. Now if Reyes could just stay...ooh well

Unbeaten

Respect to Dinamos team and supporters!

Dinamos team has a lot to learn from our team, and our supporters have a lot to learn from the Croatian supporters.

Mark

Established Member
Congrats to Zagreb for making it a good match. I can see you lot doing well in the UEFA Cup.

As for us - a dream result. Great to see RvP and Cesc scoring - two players who we will need more goals from this season!

famous no 10

Established Member
bobbydazzler said:
Is it me or does toure look a little out of shape? He didn't seem to have the same speed as before

I thought that too, and equally Eboue looked well slow.

Wenger will put that right soon enough.

Unbeaten

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
what was the average age of our team today again? Not just the starting 11, also the guys who were at the bench. Such an amazing group of kids. Show me a team with that average age that can really compete in the football of today. We just don't know how we are blessed. This kids will be something very special guys. This is Wenger's masterpiece before he leaves us. Now if Reyes could just stay...ooh well

As I mentioned earlier our starting line-up had an average of 23.4 years.

famous no 10

Established Member
santana said:
Congrats to the Arsenal, your team really plays a very nice football. This was a great chance for our players to learn. We desperately need this kind of games, with teams much stronger than ours, we just don't know to play defensive football. I'm really sorry that our team was not at its best tonight, the atmosphere and a big name scarred them too much. But, I'm sure this lesson will return somewhere, maybe even this season in UEFA league.

Thank you!

Dinamovac69

Some pics from Zagreb...

ugradu-01.jpg

ugradu-02.jpg

ugradu-03.jpg

ugradu-08.jpg

tribine01.jpg

tribine14.jpg

tribine02.jpg

bobbydazzler

gun4glory said:
bobbydazzler said:
Is it me or does toure look a little out of shape? He didn't seem to have the same speed as before
I gotta admit, Djourou caught the eye more...

Djourou looks like he'll give senderos a run for his money. showed great speed, something senderos lacks

Arsenal_FAN1983

Thommybhoy said:
Allyboy said:
Dinamo put in a fantastic effort tonight, there was no disgrace in their loss.

Their fans were also a credit too, lets hope they draw Tottenham in the UEFA Cup and knock them out! :D

Thanks for the nice wishes. I wish Dinamo-Arsenal match in 2007 UEFA Supecup, so there would be no result importance :) Arsenal there would also be enough, but as CL winner of course :)

About Reyes
http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/26565 ... usion.html

Do us a favour and knock Tottenham out! :D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom