• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Thommybhoy

Established Member
celestis said:
Is Modric only 20 ? if he is f**k he has a future ahead of him.

At the moment yes. He'll be 21 in exactly a month. I thought for ages that he would fit in Arsenal perfectly. But they rejected 6MEuros from Werder for him, Dinamo said that they wouldn't sell him at this momnet for twice as much, maybe on winter break, so I guess his price is set on sowhere around 10M Euros ...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we should grab modric :D

btw Raghav89, relax. sure we have our own problems at the back, but don't forget this is our first game vs a dinamo side who already started its season. sure, croatia's best is uncomparable to big names, but you should see that from yesterday match, they had got nothnig to lose and fight like hell, while we slacken a little bit after our goals. so dude, lets enjoy the positive expect of a 3-0 win vs a tough atmospheric opponents instead of drubbing at 3-0 isnt good enough.

anyway, those who wants full torrent of the game or highlights of the game pm me.

scarabej

I would be glad as hell that Modrić goes to play to Arsenal........but only after
our european journey this season.......;)

We hope to have some luck in next draw(when we didn't in the first..:D )....and that Dinamo will play a good role in UEFA cup league group stage........

It would be selfish to keep him in the club,when the kid deserves to play on the "big scene".......

Does anybody knowes??? Does the games for the U-21 team go to the "work permit" bonus of 75% in two years??

Legend#1

Established Member
Considering the players we had missing:

Jens
Cole
Senderos
Clichy
Lauren
Diaby
Freddie
Reyes
Thierry

I thought the youngsters did very, very well.. Apart from a couple of times in the 1st half where they got behind Justin Hoyte (who was the weak link), we weren't really threatened.. Toure held the defence together well and Djourou gets better and better every game.

I was very impressed with our possession play, we kept possession well and was always in control of the game, considering the hostile atmosphere and the lack of match fitness, I was very happy with that.. Rosicky slotted straight in, I love his turn of pace, and he's always looking to pass and move, our passing was very crisp last night, the team looked in tandem, never static and always on the movement, very patient too, Hleb has really impressed pre season, I think he'll have a big 2nd season for us ala Pires.. Cesc' has finally found his scoring boots, which he had when playing as a youth but lost when playing for the seniors, he looks quicker, sharper and stronger too, Ade diod his job very well, linked up superbly imo, something that is very important when you have 10 men behind the ball, always coming deep and laying off, making runs, being a problem.. Robin is starting to find his feet again, good passing and link up play, last season he'd fade out of games he started in, but now he seems to always look a thread and a capable goalscorer.. I was very impressed with Gilberto, he looks fresh and played the holding tole superbly.

I won't lie, I was slightly worried about the tie, why? Because for so many years i've seen Arsenal go away to teams like Zagreb, go gung ho attack and lose to an odd goal.. but the youngsters showed maturity beyond their years.

With 2-3 more signings, we could have a big season, big enough to beat Chelsea, who knows.

Harding

tremendous all-round performance last night from the lads it has to be said. No-one had a bad game in my opinion, and considerring it was our 1st competetive game everyone looked sharp. The second half performance was brilliant, every player in our team seemed to raise their game a notch and all 3 goals had arsenal written all over them!
Alot of credit has to be given to Djourou aswell, he made a few last ditch important challenges, toure was as solid as ever, hoyte done alright against a pacey winger, eboue looked assured making an important interception in the 1st half, rosicky seemed more comfortable when he drifted in field and i was impressed with him on his debut, cesc had a quiet 1st half but realy picked the game up in the 2nd with 2 great goals, gilberto was once again playing it nice and simple and looked comfortable, hleb had a good game setting up van persie for the 2nd and making some decent runs in both halfs, Ade had a great 1st half and came close on a couple of occations and put in alot of hard work up front and Finnaly RVP looked hungry for a goal all game and took his chance brilliantly after latching onto a great ball from hleb....keeper could of done better but RVP wont mind!

A brilliant 1st performance of the season and a great result for the team!

Jkreffer

Established Member
Raghav89 said:
quattro said:
there's just no pleasing some people... :roll:

if a win against crap croatian oppostion please's you then what can i say?

You can only beat who has been put infront of you. Cheer up you pessimistic sod...every win should please you.

mormegil

Raghav89 said:
ajaxgunner said:
Raghav89 said:
i was putting down our team because it was'nt playing well.Boatload of important player's??-we are only missing henry and jen's of significance.
And Senderos...and Clichy. Four out of eleven starters. This was Rosicky's first competitive match, Hoyte and Djorou's first in the CL, let alone an away match. To effectively win the tie and keep a clean sheet despite the deficiencies in the back five is pretty damn good.

STFU fool -clichy played a massive what was it 4 or 5 game's for us last season hardly an important player and senderos is nothing without toure (right now) .Rosicky is a class player ,He doesn't need this competitve match s**t but fair play to him he lacked fitness and still played well.We kept a clean sheet because we were lucky-many time's their player's came close.The deficiencies that you were talkin about -wenger knew that we had them since the world cup ended -it was'nt exactly last minute and this croatian oppostion is nothing compared to juventus or madrid who we beat last season so a win was not satisfactory -it was compulsory.

Next time make your point without all of the ******* abuse...

quattro

Raghav89 said:
quattro said:
there's just no pleasing some people... :roll:

if a win against crap croatian oppostion please's you then what can i say?
an arsenal win is an arsenal win. 3 away goals without response at that which virtually guarantees a place in the champions league in the midst of a very depressing summer. for some reason that does feel quite pleasing.

i guess my standards aren't high enough. :roll:

cassius

Thommybhoy said:
celestis said:
Is Modric only 20 ? if he is f**k he has a future ahead of him.

At the moment yes. He'll be 21 in exactly a month. I thought for ages that he would fit in Arsenal perfectly. But they rejected 6MEuros from Werder for him, Dinamo said that they wouldn't sell him at this momnet for twice as much, maybe on winter break, so I guess his price is set on sowhere around 10M Euros ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 251984.stm

it says that Modric has a 10 year contract? wtf? is that normal in croatia?

santana

It is not that normal in Croatia, but he is a really good young player, and he is a really nice person, so he agreed to sign for that long. However, if the price is good, of course he will go away

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I thought it was a great win, I can't believe someone's upset with that last night.

Hoyte wasn't that bad, couple of times he got caught out of position... is it me or does he run in a bit of a strange way, and has permanent look on his face like he's just **** himself?

Anyway, i'm well excited about this year, when you think of the players that we still have to return or maybe still to sign!! I think the team looked really fresh, Rosicky looks like his been there for years and considering we were missing Mr Henry I think the boys can be pleased with last nights job. Well done Adebayor aswell, great effort old chap!!

fabtastic

cescy and v.persie were brilliant last night as was everyone! a few people now satisfied with the win but come on its a win in the champions league even though it wasnt world class opposition you have to start somewhere!

looking forward to the second league :D

scarabej

cassius said:
it says that Modric has a 10 year contract? wtf? is that normal in croatia?

No,it's not normal.....but the club wanted to prove to supporters how they are making the team for few years ahead......;)

And it was just a trick....couse I'm sorry to admit that I think they will sell everybody afther the UEFA-group stages and the majority of the cash will end up on strange accounts........that's the "Croatian way"..... :? :evil:

agram

Dinamo played their best but there was an obvious difference in class. Arsenal played just what they needed to win comfortably, except for a few amazing moves by Cesc. Dinamo showed better moves and developed more actions, in the first half at least, but were stopped by the confident A. defence. In the second half Dinamo's attempts were reduced to the long pass to Eduardo and see if he can do something with it.
On the other hand Arsenal players strolled in the Dinamo penalty area simply because they were allowed to. None of the goals was a class goal, had Dinamo had a proper goalkeeper and a bit more lucid defence, they might've got away with a draw...or even scored perhaps?
But then Arsenal would've probably taken them more seriously and started played for real, which would end in thrashing Dinamo because they're simply not up to that level. Ah at least we would've seen proper football.

It was a solid match though. I've never seen the venue this full to the last spot, and the general atmosphere that the Dinamo fans created, especially the northern stand, was impressive to say the least.

Feis-al

Great Pics Dinamovac69, And your attitude even after losing is something Juventus fans have to learn. didn't see the match but according to what I hear, 90% is good news for now atleast. If we can just get past this week and see what the Cashley's and others have to say

Zico

Established Member
Thought we played well in general. Rosicky is still finding his place in the team, but that attacking midfield of Rosicky Fabregas Hleb is going to terrrorise the premiership. I suspect in some games we might have to replace one of them with Diaby just to get some grit at places like the Reebok or Old Trafford, but most other teams will buckle before them. They're all great passers, and Rosicky and Fabregas are legitimate goal threats.

Thought I would really miss Pires, but at this rate, I doubt it.

One question, what is this new fascination with colorful text? I think it makes it difficult to read a contribution and in some instances take it seriously. Come on, you gooners

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
mormegil said:
Raghav89 said:
ajaxgunner said:
Raghav89 said:
i was putting down our team because it was'nt playing well.Boatload of important player's??-we are only missing henry and jen's of significance.
And Senderos...and Clichy. Four out of eleven starters. This was Rosicky's first competitive match, Hoyte and Djorou's first in the CL, let alone an away match. To effectively win the tie and keep a clean sheet despite the deficiencies in the back five is pretty damn good.

STFU fool -clichy played a massive what was it 4 or 5 game's for us last season hardly an important player and senderos is nothing without toure (right now) .Rosicky is a class player ,He doesn't need this competitve match s**t but fair play to him he lacked fitness and still played well.We kept a clean sheet because we were lucky-many time's their player's came close.The deficiencies that you were talkin about -wenger knew that we had them since the world cup ended -it was'nt exactly last minute and this croatian oppostion is nothing compared to juventus or madrid who we beat last season so a win was not satisfactory -it was compulsory.

so what's your bloody problem u f****g c**t? our defence is young and inexperienced. what are you gonna do about that? quit whining already and stop talking like you know everything u 17 yr old piece of s**t

Any more abusive posts like this and I'm going to ban people.

Top Bottom