• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

scarabej

Jameel46 said:
i wonder where all the dinamo zagreb fans have gone. :lol: :lol:

We're here....;)

Don't worry.......nothing to be ashamed of......I have no voice ability today....so I done my part....:D

Players did what they could do.....our manager ****ed his pants......and that's no reason for me to be upset.......it happens every year for us......

The worse thing is when manager doesn't believe in his team.....and plays "bunker" in his own yard........

I would be glad if we lost 6:1.....but if I saw that we play offensive in Zagreb.....on Emirates it's logical that we have to play "bunker" not to embarasse ourselves too much.....;)

zievad

I agree, I think. Your manager sold you short. God knows why Etto played so far back and did not put enough pressure on Hoyte. Personally, I think Hoyte was very poor and would get killed in the Prem against better oposition. Having said that, I thought DZ played some very good football and could have made a much better game of it had they changed their mindset and attcked a littl more.

manalicream

Great interview with Adebeyor on the official site.

The guy seems really focussed on being a great player for us. He is a team man as well. I also love the way he pronounces things!

top gunner!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Eldarion said:
Question for Arsenal fans, is 0-3 real picture of what was going on on the pitch?

thanx

seriously no. we missed too much chance. 3-0 is to say the least

Eldarion

ok, thats your opinion, now one more question, wich player from dinamo zagreb is worthy to put on arsenal jersey? if there is one of course...

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Eldarion said:
ok, thats your opinion, now one more question, wich player from dinamo zagreb is worthy to put on arsenal jersey? if there is one of course...

None of them obviously.

Seriously - a couple of guys impressed me but I'd be loathe to judge on 90 minutes.

As for the scoreline, no I don't think it's a good reflection. I think the amount of control we had in the match was at times overwhelming and when we started passing you couldn't live with us. I think 5 would have been a fair haul for us.

But having said that there were quite a few times when you threatened and nearly fashioned good chances, once or twice making real chances. I think you were better than 0 and I don't think we could have complained if you'd got a goal, or maybe even 2.

So for me the rather ludicrous score of 5:1.5 would be fair...

Dinamovac69

Jameel46 said:

We're still here and already congratulated you...

I've read a lot of rude and disrespectful comments from Arsenal fans here against us. But I don't really get what the reason is (except a couple of croatian idiots who has written some bullshit here). A lot of guys said we are racists or rude (resp. our fans). But did you hear or see any bad things during the game (or even racist)? And also our players didn't do any unsportsmanlike. So why this hatred (I'm not talking about all users here, of course)?

santana

Jameel46 said:

? cmon, plenty of us congratulated just a few minutes after a game.

What's your point? That you have a better team? We all knew that before. It would be a real surprise if that weren't the truth, considering our best paid player (except Nowotny, who came two weeks ago) earns 10k euros per month. But that doesn't stop us to belive in our team and hope for the best every time they play. What's the point of being a football fan if that is taken away?

Now, if I wanted to be rude like you, and gloat like you, I could be mean, and ask, why the hell doesn't your great team have an equally great fans ;)

yoshi

arsenal_hleb said:
actually 3-0 was because of the opposition goalie, who is freaking lousy. allowed 2 tight angles goal from cesc and one shot which he also fumbled from rvp. but take nothing away from the boys, they did great.

finally some objective thoughts.
I am an Arsenal fan since my childhood, for over 15 years, but I had to support my Dinamo, off course.
And yes, that bunch of Balkan tribe members your football gods have beaten is called Dinamo, not Zagreb. But why should people be bothered by that? Yes, it was corrected, but still... do you call Juventus Torino? Dinamo is a small club but you all could have at least TRIED to find out what is its name. That is the proof of ignorance.
Yes, we all knew Arsenal was going to win this game, but you all have to be honest, Arsenal players did not play well at all. I am affraid this season is not going to be as good as the last one.
All 3 goals Arsenal scored were pure unforced idiotic mistakes made by 2 Dinamo defenders (Cale and Cvitanovic), helped by a bad day of keeper Turina who should have saved those shots.
So, what did Arsenal show in this game? That they have problems playing even against such a weak opponent as Dinamo is.
I hope Arsenal will play better in the future.

I would like to congratulate you on a very nice display on the field. :)

You have a very good team, i hope you do even better then the last season.

We played like a bunch of pussies...I think it would be better if we lost 5-0, but played the way we always do...Attacking, aggressive, football...I don't care who we play against...In Maksimir, we are the home team, and we must play like we are the favorites...We, as Dinamo supporters, deserve that.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Blue Boy 1981 said:
I would like to congratulate you on a very nice display on the field. :)

You have a very good team, i hope you do even better then the last season.

We played like a bunch of pussies...I think it would be better if we lost 5-0, but played the way we always do...Attacking, aggressive, football...I don't care who we play against...In Maksimir, we are the home team, and we must play like we are the favorites...We, as Dinamo supporters, deserve that.

Thanks mate. Good to see to some appreciation from opposite fans. To be honest I thought that you played alright and have nothing to feel too disheartened about. Besides there is no pressure on you next leg so you may just play up to your full capabilities as is your wish. Good luck domestically this year by the way. :)

shaz

you know what thing made me the happiest yesterday? ****ing seeing adabayor and rosicky take shots from distance.

sweet lord, ive cant count the nunmber of times i got pissed because of people fannying about with too many passes and just having a crack.

im glad now we have people like adebayor, rosicky, van persie (although this might actually uspet henry a bit), i think people like hleb and co should also take more shots. oh yeah and well done to the faboulous fab!

Top Bottom