• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Last 16 - Arsenal v Barcelona - 14/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJJ

Established Member
Not really the same is it?

You can aggressively counter teams, it's how Utd bummed us for years. Pressing high against them is jokes, put pressure on Iniesta and Rakitic, get on them quick and interrupt their rhythm.

Get the ball out wide quickly and counter on them. F*ck knows teams have been doing it to us for years.
We cannot sit and rely on counter-attacka against Barca.

If we sit deep we invite the best attacking team to just hit us with what they got.
If we're afraid to play football with them i can assure you we will loose.

I'd go as far as to say, we need these games to be as chaotic as possible. If we allow them to take control of the game i think they will roll us over.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We cannot sit and rely on counter-attacka against Barca.

If we sit deep we invite the best attacking team to just hit us with what they got.
If we're afraid to play football with them i can assure you we will loose.

I'd go as far as to say, we these games to be as chaotic as possible. If we allow them to take control of the game i think they will roll us over.

It's not sitting deep, read what I said bruh...

It's pressing them aggressively from within our half, much like we did with the Invincible team. Pressing their back four is what they want, all their defenders are good enough passers not to scramble it away and will find Iniesta and Rakitic in space and then it might as well be game over.

Counter attacking doesn't have to be a negative tactic, pressing Iniesta high within our half getting the ball to Özil who can launch counter attacks of Alexis, Theo, Ramsey and Ox. All four will have to put in incredible efforts.

Do you really think we'll win in a shoot out with Suarez, Neymar and Messi? They'll carve us open.

MarioGooner

---------------Cech-------------
Bellerin - Per - Kos - Nacho
------------Coquelin-----------
Ramsey-Özil-Elneny-Alexis
-------------Welbeck-----------

Bould14

Wenger actually needs a plan. If he is going to try a Coq/Neny partnership. The team need to mix it up between pressing for 15 minutes and 10 minutes of just keeping the shape solid. If Messi dribbles past 5 nothing we can really do.

To launch our counters we really need Özil to hold the ball for vital seconds and release Theo/Alexis.

Godwin1

Very well-known
To launch our counters we really need Özil to hold the ball for vital seconds and release Theo/Alexis.
Think Özil will play a similar role like he did against Bayern holding the ball further up field so I think we'll be ok in that department.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've seen Barcelona beat by teams that defended deep and forced them outwide.

It requires great mental focus and a great keeper.

I'd rather us be forced back by choice at least that way it's our plan and everyone should know what to do. Forced back because the way the game goes then that's when mistakes happen.

Bayern away is a perfect example. Players who were deep in the first leg weren't in the second and we were carved open and easily beaten.

General

Established Member
Any opposition fan you speak to point to Per being the weakest link. His stock went down badly after that brain fart against Chelsea and Wenger looked like he was truly irked by it. Not that I think he's as bad as he's made out to be but he probably won't play if Gabriel was fit. Just saw a bit of the Sporting v Barca game during the week, and once again it was the same failings on show. They tried to out-football Barca rather than keep it simple and kept turning over possession consistently, bar half a chance on the break, until Messi scored after being allowed to get on his strongest foot in front of the D. One thing for sure, Barca are coasting through these games and rarely hit top gear to see these teams off.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm making popcorn and nibbles and have invited a couple of causal footy fans to this late night match. Might as well get some fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom