• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Ludogorets vs Arsenal | 1st of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
12 december: Arsenal will face Bayern in last 16 in the Champions League 2016/17.Arsenal finished first in group A, German team finished second in group D.Arsenal played with Bavarian gigants two times in recent years ( both in last 16 ) and they lost both ties.

carlito'sway

Established Member
i would play ramsey next to verratti, i would play him instead of rakitic, i would play ramsey on kross role (but that one is debatable) and i would definetly play ramsey instead of Pjanić
but hey, you dont rate him and i do so its really pointless to discuss.
to me ramsey is a top top top quality player.

It became pointless indeed the moment you said you would play him over Rakitic or Kros. Surreal....Mind boggling.
For my money, I would swap Ramsey for Rabiot and add 15 M on top to sweeten the deal and Rabiot is not even a starter at PSG, Matuidi is.

GunnerInPluto

Looking at the groups, there isnt so much difference in quality between group winners and runners up. If we finish 2nd, we may get lucky with Napoli. If we win, we may be unlucky to have Bayern Munich. I think we should just enjoy our games.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We did well to win, but the defensive performance has me slightly worried. Gibbs is a much better crosser than Monreal, but he showed again how he is also questionable in defense. I'd have Nacho play vs Tottenham, because they don't really have pacy players to trouble him. I'll give Jenkinson a pass for his performance because he's been out for so long, but it looks reminiscent of his past self. Hopefully he irons that out.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wait did you do those asterisks as if we'd understand? :lol:

Or does AM now filter out swears in every language :lol:
I was furious that he went into a wild lunge. He needs to get rid of those tackles, as it will cost us dropped points in PL.

As for the asterixed words, @Furious can describe, if he's still around :)

I'd have preferred 'It's My Life' by Dr Alban, but beggars can't be choosers...

The streamer probably got equally excited by Mesut's goal, hence the "What is Love" song.

I guess, for some, love is seeing that piece of magic :)

N

NotAUserName

We did well to win, but the defensive performance has me slightly worried. Gibbs is a much better crosser than Monreal, but he showed again how he is also questionable in defense. I'd have Nacho play vs Tottenham, because they don't really have pacy players to trouble him. I'll give Jenkinson a pass for his performance because he's been out for so long, but it looks reminiscent of his past self. Hopefully he irons that out.
Come on, Walker will have Monreal for breakfast.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
The streamer probably got equally excited by Mesut's goal, hence the "What is Love" song.

I guess, for some, love is seeing that piece of magic :)

If the streamer had been on the ball they should've played achy breaky heart...

N

NotAUserName

Not if Iwobi/Alexis/Ox do a job on him and Gibbs wasn't good tonight in any case. He's not taken his chance at all.
Iwobi will switch off like he usually does and Alexis will mostly likely play as a striker. That leaves Ox (who has been our best winger defensively) but even then that depends on whether Wenger will play him or Iwobi on the left.

I also don't get the criticism of Gibbs. Yes he was beaten for their second goal and slipped but that has been a usual occurrence for Monreal this season. At least Gibbs contributes positively to our attack.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'd say the key thing about Ramsey's assist against Sunderland wasn't whether he was trying to pass to Alexis, which he clearly wasn't, but that he had taken up a dangerous position in the box.

Ramsey isn't the most refined player, but he makes things happen in the final third.
Kind of summed Ramsey up at his worse for us though, decent position, did some weird turn thing which accidentally knocked the ball to Gibbs then totally fluffed the shot which earned his "assist".

Trying not to be harsh on him coming back from injury though, I have got time for Ramsey just not over any of out midfielders at the moment.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Iwobi will switch off like he usually does and Alexis will mostly likely play as a striker. That leaves Ox (who has been our best winger defensively) but even then that depends on whether Wenger will play him or Iwobi on the left.

I also don't get the criticism of Gibbs. Yes he was beaten for their second goal and slipped but that has been a usual occurrence for Monreal this season. At least Gibbs contributes positively to our attack.

If Theo is fit, it will be the usual Iwobi/Alexis/Theo upfront. Anyway, Monreal has played Walker last year and I don't recall him being in serious trouble vs the Sp**s.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Monreal got a lot of flack for dropping his performance and so many said Gibbs would be better against pace and 1v1. That hasn't been shown tonight. He was worse than Jenks who has been out for a year. A positive contribution to our attack much of which comes to nothing doesn't outweigh his defensive frailties. I just feel Monreal is more concentrated and smart and has picked up. I'd back Walker to get the better of Gibbs in anything other than a foot race with a head start for our boy. Gibbs also gave away a few silly fouls and just strikes me as thick. I trusted a 2006 Eboue more than him.

N

NotAUserName

If Theo is fit, it will be the usual Iwobi/Alexis/Theo upfront. Anyway, Monreal has played Walker last year and I don't recall him being in serious trouble vs the Sp**s.
I don't remember much about our home match against them last year but the general point still stands, which is that Monreal has struggled against very quick wide players. He was also much better last season as compared to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom