• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We all know what needs to be done-will this be the year where we actually go through on goal difference?

Fingers crossed!

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We've come up short in recent years with these crunch champions league games. We'll probably beat them, but by one goal only and fall short, fall deep into the CL sinkhole and into the EL.

I'd play the same team as today. Bring Theo on at the 60th minute. Don't want him starting 2 games in a week just yet..

I'd love to see Gabby in for Per but we know that ain't happening.

Flamini needs to be benched but for who? Too risky for Chambers in this high profile game I think.

I'd go with 2-1 to us in all fairness although I think a draw is likely too. Just can't picture us doing what needs to be done. We looked too poor for most of the game today to fill me with confidence going away to Greece.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What are the odds of a heroic 1-0/2-1 win?

Balance is key

Think it will be an epic game - either we crush them or Giroud or flamini will decide to have a brainfart and get sent off.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Walcott for Ox will be the only chance I'd imagine. Walcott is the key for me, his pace in behind is something that can really destroy a team like Olympiacos. They'll be sitting back all game, there's no doubt about it. I think Özil, Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud and Campbell will be enough to get a few goals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

These lot don't respond well to pressure, I can see us either getting to 2-0 and then conceding or getting to 1-0 and then just hitting an invisible wall where the ball does everything but go in.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if I'd start Walcott, only just back and him coming on if we're leading would be great for potential counters. Saying that as soon as he came on today everyone seemed to be lifted.

Flamini-Ramsey midfield scares me, if you wanted to play on counters that's a dream midfield to come across.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Basically we should just go all out and hope to score 3 goals. Forget about the keeping it tight to get a 2-0 result, if we score 3 then they have to get 3 as well otherwise they're out.

Özil and Ramsey will create chances, Monreal and Bellerin will also be good from out wide too. It's all about the front three on the night (which I think will be Joel-Giroud-Theo) taking them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ok we've never beaten them away before but normally we are already qualified when we meet away. We can do this, scoring early would help.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Big teams are rarely able to handle the situation of not having to win in order to qualify, never mind mugs like Olympiakos. Bayern and AC Milan have gone full ***** against us recently in the same situation.

Olympiakos will completely **** themselves and we'll score at least 3.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lineup

Cech
Bellerin - Merts - Kos - Monreal
Ramsey - Flamini
Walcott - Özil - Campbell
Giroud

That team has a lot of goals in them. Giroud has the aerial threat. Walcott with the speed to stretch defenses. Campbell is becoming a pretty tidy finisher. Özil is scoring now. And then we still have Ramsey.

The key thing is making sure that everyone gets back on defense and we don't lose our defensive solidity.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
CUvIUIoWIAIwbqw.png

That's one filthy list of players, pure comedy what Wenger has put us through.

AVENTUS

They'll be well up for this. Really wouldn't mind dropping into Europe league as long we comfortably finish top 4 this season which we will.

It's a competition I feel we can win this year and we need some sort of European trophy under our belts.

I'm going to say a draw and Arsenal go out. But knowing us we will 0-2 and go through providing 2 clear goals take us to the KO stages if it don't then we will 90% go out

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I would say we're at that extreme place where I struggle to see us even scoring one.
haha-a lot of positivity on this site though. Must say, I don't remain too confident myself but have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to do it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom