• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

Ratinho

Established Member
Magnificent tbh.

All over the park, even after a rough start for Hleb and Senderos, they were immense in the second half. Henry ran his heart out and deserved a goal that only Casillas and Lehmann could have got to. Flamini was immense and has adapted so quickly in his mind to play left back, you can't help but be impressed. Just amazy all over the park and in Eboue, we have another amazing Wenger jem. :)

And Jens must be the bravest player in europe. He's certainly been the best keeper around this season.

Any update on Yuen killing himself?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
manalicream said:
Big up Hleb. He was immense!
Well I just smoked some manali & am about to see the match for the 2nd time. Think Hleb will be 10 feet tall now. My God, he was a Martian tonight the way he dribbled & passed...

Viper

Established Member
What a ****ing match despite the scoreline being 0-0.

Hleb was ****ing class. No words can describe his performance.

Toure was immense too, and Senderos has a good game as well as Eboue and Flamini.

Lehmann made some excellent saves.

Mckenna

Hleb seems to have that Zidane (at his peak) quality that the ball seems to have a string attached which is tied to his boot which keeps it under close control at all times.

Fantastic Effort.

Hleb and Lehmann joint MOTM

mariaines

i'm reading some spanish newspapers now (Barcelona's newspapers)... you'd love it!
they're praising Arsenal's young, dinamic and electric football that tore apart the old galacticos :lol:
they talk about every Arsenal player, specially eboue and toure.. :wink:

Feather_Winger

mariaines said:
i'm reading some spanish newspapers now (Barcelona's newspapers)... you'd love it!
they're praising Arsenal's young, dinamic and electric football that tore apart the old galacticos :lol:
they talk about every Arsenal player, specially eboue and toure.. :wink:

post a link, post a link :)

and we need a translation in Englisch...

...if no translation available, no worries - i'll use my spanish dictionary!

RC8

Established Member
AMAZING NIGHT!!!!

AAAARRSSEEEEENNAAAAALL WE LOVE YOU!

Is this oficially the longest thread yet?

Mckenna

Taken from AS translated, amusing part:

The possibilities of gaining Liga seem the same ones that we would have anyone of us of being rescued of a remote island in the middle of the ocean after surviving an airplane accident. Unless we were called Tom Hanks. And Tom Hanks does not play in Madrid. We would be satisfied to making friends us of a ball to be able to speak with her. At this point the only feasible objective that has left to Madrid is to be second in Liga to classify itself directly for the next Champions. And one already knows that in Madrid to be second it is to lose. It says his history to it, that every time is greater than its present. As the brilliant Andrés Calamaro sings, "much less and less gambeta t-shirt and".

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... en%26lr%3D

Lukazan

Established Member
What a night for Arsenal and Gooner fans.

The whole team were simply sensational!

This should be our lift for the season, and it's a cracking result going in to the Pool game on Sunday! We've just knocked out the biggest team in the world to progress to the quarters and Liverpool have been knocked out.

COME ON ARSENAL!

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Wenger talking to sky after the match

Well I felt we had two good games, tonight was another demonstration that you can have great 0-0's," Wenger told Sky Sports.

"They went for it, we went for it and we had a little bit shaky start I felt, in the first 10 or 15 minutes, but from then on I felt we were always in the game.

"We created many chances and in one or two occasions as well were lucky and needed a great save from [Jens] Lehmann as well.

"But overall something is happening in the team they are gelling together and growing together, they are very, very young but they have shown character and that's very good for our club."
"Everybody when they had the ball wanted to score and it was a great football game tonight, and certainly it's a great promotion for football as both teams played with a great spirit and tried to attack every time they could.

"It gives us great confidence because we are quite consistent, not many teams can say if we go to Real Madrid we don't concede and when we play at home we don't concede.

"We have still a lot to improve but for the confidence of a young defence it is very positive."
rsenal goalkeeper Lehmann pulled off a superb save to deny Raul after the Real captain had hit the post, and Wenger voiced his belief that the German's stop came at a crucial juncture of the game.

"It was at a moment where I felt we had dropped physically and that could have added a bit more with a mental blow so it was very important that save.

"But you know if you play against Real Madrid that your keeper will have to make one save at least in the game, but football is a real surprise.

"If you had told me before that tie will play two games against Real Madrid, with a whole defence nearly out, and not concede a goal, that shows you how remarkable the spirit is in the team."

With Liverpool joining both Chelsea and Rangers in crashing out of Europe Arsenal are now Britain's sole representatives in the quarter finals - and Wenger has pledged to carry on the fight in the last eight.

"We are very proud and we try to represent England and The Premiership with dignity and style and fight as hard as we can in the quarter finals to go through again."
:respect

Feather_Winger

Mckenna said:
Taken from AS translated, amusing part:

The possibilities of gaining Liga seem the same ones that we would have anyone of us of being rescued of a remote island in the middle of the ocean after surviving an airplane accident. Unless we were called Tom Hanks. And Tom Hanks does not play in Madrid. We would be satisfied to making friends us of a ball to be able to speak with her. At this point the only feasible objective that has left to Madrid is to be second in Liga to classify itself directly for the next Champions. And one already knows that in Madrid to be second it is to lose. It says his history to it, that every time is greater than its present. As the brilliant Andrés Calamaro sings, "much less and less gambeta t-shirt and".

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... en%26lr%3D

hey - thx!!!

Isragooner

Reyes is ****,almost managed to ruin the game for the whole team.

it was a great game of football today,but a bit worrying,it looks like no one can score a goal except from henry.

lars2006

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE`RE THE F***CKING GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for using capitals letter,but i Cjust came back from the Ceili House in Berlin (Irish Pub) and it was full of Arsenal fans and we were cheering up each other the whole game long!!!

What a great night for every gooner around the world!!!

Hleb was just world class, Henry is the King of Highbury for all times!!!

4 Pints of Guinness is just enough to really be able to appreciate this victory!!

Anyone from Germany or Berlin here???

I was watching the Game with my twein brother and when we were heading home I was hanging out of the car-window shouting:

Come On Arsenal!!! Come On Arsenal!!!!
And everybody was like: "What the F**ck`s he doing???

But I Dindn`t care, because we`re in the Quarterfinals!!!!

Sorry abaout the mistakes, i`m just too drunkto correct them!!!!

Come On You Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

mariaines

here it is

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060308 ... 63689.html
I'd try my best to translate it

The Arsenal style, which is based on working with young promising players, finished the real madrid galactic cycle, a team that after being eliminated, starts a new era, which should lead to a regeneration.

Madrid killed themselves with those individual plays against that young, happy, direct and vertical football played by Arsenal.

The future of european football is Cesc Fábregas, is Kolo Touré, is Eboué. And it's Henry too. López Caro picked michel salgado to try to stop reyes, because cicinho could never cpe with him at the bernabeu. Salgado played with intensity. bla bla bla madrid stuf..()

Madrid was overplayed by Arsenal's rythm. The football of the 21st century is speed. And Arsène Wenger's Arsenal is electric and direct. It was an airplane. But they'll suffer the next game because they're too natural, they put themselves out in the name of good football despite they have major issues on finishing their scoring oportunities. They will have a rough time against a better built team. But against this madrid, they were amazing.

This madrid, with zidane, gravessen and guti in the creative midfield, had a lot of problems to get into the area. On the other side, there was Cesc Fábregas, the most interesting and explosive appearence (for spain that is) since raul became professional.

Cesc has all it takes to rule in ARsenal and the spanish NT. He's intelligents, holds on the pression very well, makes good passes and he's agressive. Without a great physics, like vieira, Cesc command Arsenal without any problems.
Then, Reyes had the best chance in 43 min. Ljunberg, Hleb, Henry. The tree of them are dinamic. They always face their oponents and usually win. Madrid, apart from raul's effort, didn't show anything. They even weren't capable of using flamini's weakness on the left side.

After the break, there were more intensity. It was a totally open game, in which Arsenal did an amazing physical effort. Eboué, for example, has the type of the modern footballer. An athlet, who pushed madrid to cassillas's side in the last 15 minutes. However, Arsenal had too many scoring chances ...

the rest is madrid analysis (about how crap they are)

:D

Top Bottom