• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

Wenger14

Established Member
It'll be a goal feast. The attacks on both sides are too strong for the defense. If we can keep them down to a 1 goal lead at Madrid, we've got to be through.

Tegh

Established Member
Highly Fabregas said:
The only Real player I am scared of is Becks. People slag him off quite a bit but he has been fantastic over the last year, he always gives 100% and its him who starts most plays. I know its not the Arsenal way but I would stick Flamini manmarking him.
Beckham has been great for them this season bar the red cards.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Dont believe the hype that Madrid have now. Yes they have 9 European Cup/CL titles and that is scary but they're form is crap right now. Only thing is that the game is 2-3 months away and they'll surely be looking in the transfer market to more bolster the squad that has been bolstered already to the max level. I mean what do they need to improve on? They have almost everything there.

Still people, this is what we want and let's beat their sorry Madrid arse!

Legend#1

Established Member
I can't believe people are doubting us.

Come Feb we could be on fire, so could they.. but there defence is still awful.. I'm confident we can turn it on.

AFCG7

Established Member
Great draw for us!
In many ways we can play without pressure..because we are supposed to be European "minnows".

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
minnows? what the **** are you talking about. i know we've underachieved but minnows? thats a word you use to describe teams like FC Thun. we are a constant in the champion's league, we are constantly seeded in the draws and are a continentally respected football club. that does not sound like a "minnow" club to me.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Ronaldo one of my alltime favorite players up against Arsenal and Henry my #1 player to have ever played. This has classic written all over it. Cant wait to see this....... Even if we lose at least we get to play the "galacticos."

But im not gonna be negative I think we can beat them on any day. Its been like what 4 yrs since they have won anything??

Tegh

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
minnows? what the f**k are you talking about. i know we've underachieved but minnows? thats a word you use to describe teams like FC Thun. we are a constant in the champion's league, we are constantly seeded in the draws and are a continentally respected football club. that does not sound like a "minnow" club to me.

As well as my previous post, if you read AFC's post, you'll see he put minnows in inverted commas. That means he wasn't referring to us as minnows as a side, but in comparison to the supposed big guns of Europe seeing as we never get past the quater finals in recent years.

RammiXP

i just noticed that the home leg might be on my birthday, the 7th of march i so need to get tickets this will be the best birthday ever if we can beat them.

Im well excited.

Tegh

Established Member
RammiXP said:
i just noticed that the home leg might be on my birthday, the 7th of march i so need to get tickets this will be the best birthday ever if we can beat them.

Im well excited.

Even better than a scantily clad Sonia Jackson and Pauline Fowler jumping out of a giant birthday cake and getting off with eachother infront of you?

Gooner_Girl

Great draw, great two matches. They aren't their best form now but might be by the game. I think we can qualify through to the next round.

qs

Established Member
Hard to call it, as it is it'd be a very tough call. In 2 months god knows what we'll be like and that goes double for Madrid. Lets hope their new coach is a disaster.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
qs said:
Hard to call it, as it is it'd be a very tough call. In 2 months god knows what we'll be like and that goes double for Madrid. Lets hope their new coach is a disaster.

Yeah you're right. All I can say is that this draw is fair enough for both teams. We both are suffering from similar problems except Madrid's worst

qs

Established Member
Yeah they arent the force they once were but neither are we. £ years ago this wouldve been bigger than the Chelsea Barca game. Still its a brilliant draw and a great opportunity for a really glorious european result in our last season at Highbury.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Guys , I really think that this draw is the best thing tha could happen to us . This will really focus the squad and they will be more determined than ever to pull together and improve . This will really motivate the squad to work harder , a side effect is that this could speed the development of the squad because there is a specific time frame in which they have to improve, thus helping our league form as a side effect. I have not explained myself well, but hopefully people get the jist of what I am saying.

Top Bottom