• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

RammiXP

Tegh said:
RammiXP said:
i just noticed that the home leg might be on my birthday, the 7th of march i so need to get tickets this will be the best birthday ever if we can beat them.

Im well excited.

Even better than a scantily clad Sonia Jackson and Pauline Fowler jumping out of a giant birthday cake and getting off with eachother infront of you?

nah your right that would be the best present ever. i must have got carried away :p

Tony Montana

Established Member
asajoseph said:
This is a fantastic draw for football, although I'd rather have played Benfica!

Seriously though, it's fascinating for so many reasons - Arsenal and Real Madrid are two clubs who've had very different philosophies when it's come to building teams over the years, but seem to have ended up in very similar predicaments this season - both have had a number of poor performances this season, in which senior players have failed to step up to the task and young talents have failed to live up to their hype. Both, once so dominant in the middle of the park, seem desparate to regain something in central midfield that's been lost since selling talismanic players. And both were out of the title running last season. Then there's all the ties between the clubs - Real wanting our players, Real wanting our manager, Real signing our players, Reyes' record against them and the animosity that Fabregas is likely to feel.

The game is a long way away, and difficult to call at this stage - neither side has been playing well, although Real have been making a much better fist of keeping up in the title chase in Spain (although to a less dominant team in a better overall leauge). Much can change between now and then, and Real Madrid are still in relative turmoil - they could sign some superstars in January, or they could completely implode before Christmas. We are unlikely to be much different come febuary, barring the inevitable injuries that will come our way and improvement expected in a team that'll have played together for a few months more.

From this vantage point, I'd hazard a guess at Real winning at the Bernabeu, and a draw at Highbury - I don't expect to beat them, but really, it's nothing more than a guess.

That said, beating Real Madrid over two legs, no matter how poor they are at the moment, would do a heck of a lot to restore our diminishing credibility.

Well said mate.

I've been wanting to say that for a long time but I wanted to get a good team so that we can show what we can and cannot do against the biggest teams around England and Europe.

Real aren't as good as they used to be but they aren't doing as crap as we are, it doesn't matter what league they play in. They are six points behind the leaders not a ridiculous 17 points. With so much money they can buy much more easily than we can in the January transfer window so when we play them expect a very very tough game. Personally, we should worry more about getting into the CL next year than winning it this year until we get to the semis, that's if we get there of course.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Deng, the game is like 2-3 months away and it has reached 5 pages already. Imagine after we play both legs the thread has like I dont know 30 pages :shock:

nazo

Established Member
real madrid 1-1 osasuna
10 man osasuna were giving real a hard time and scored a goal on the 75th minutes
zidane came on at the 60th minute to dominate the mid and give an assist to soldado who himself came on at the 76th minute(goal at 83rd)

real didnt look solid enough and if they play like that against us then we will have little problems scoring and winning both home and away

Excellent and historic draw for the Arsenal, and we stand a good chance of spanking them. I'm also interested to see that the majority (85% maybe?) of posters in this thread are more up for this match than worried by it. I've got two main thoughts:

1. We need Torres in January, he's one of the few great strikers in Europe who won't be cuptied.

2. Will the Real Madrid fans chant racist abuse at Ashley Cole, like in that England friendly? If they do they could get the match abandoned, given that UEFA are trying to get continental fans to realise how stupid that behaviour is.

nazo

Established Member
oneteaminlondon said:
Excellent and historic draw for the Arsenal, and we stand a good chance of spanking them. I'm also interested to see that the majority (85% maybe?) of posters in this thread are more up for this match than worried by it. I've got two main thoughts:

1. We need Torres in January, he's one of the few great strikers in Europe who won't be cuptied.

2. Will the Real Madrid fans chant racist abuse at Ashley Cole, like in that England friendly? If they do they could get the match abandoned, given that UEFA are trying to get continental fans to realise how stupid that behaviour is.

i betcha all the members on this site are excited for this game and not worried, look how many pages there are and look how much time is left for the game
and another thing is torres isnt THAT great, but he needs a little time and could be one of the best
he is young and could score goals but i would prefer rvp if i had to pick between them
otherwise, torres needs time and experience to become a world class player

my god.... just imagine...
reyes-rvp-henry-torres-ljungberg up against a frail real defence for 3 hours....*drules*

...on the otherhand there is baptista-robinho-ronaldo-beckham-zidane up against a frail arse defence :?

god wot an exciting prospect... cant wait COME ON ARSENAL! :D

Hornestly, we are very weak in controlling cross and long balls. Bolton always play cross and long balls. When we face R. Madrid, there is one big problem, David Beckham, dead-ball master. I'm jus worried about that.

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

If the team that played Bolton,Newcarstle,Chelsea turns up , we can forget it!!! simple as that....
but i think this year seems to be our year for the champions league , we are certainly doing a liverpool...

we can beat real madrid easy i think , just look at their defence at the back , our defence maybe bad at present but reals is beyond beleif...

i fancy a 2-1 victory on this 1 at highbury....
in madrid i reckon a 1-1 draw... that will be enough

it all depends on key players like
Reyes,Van persie,Gilberto,Henry

they gotta be on top form!

A

Anonymous

we are piss poor right now, and i do not see light under the tunnel yet.

i expect madrid to easily beat us, and then hopefully everyone will see what a naff job wenger has done.

Top Bottom