• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Rosenborg vs Arsenal | 29/09/04

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think many people are over-reacting... we always start slow in this competition... then we get better as it goes... (excluding 2 years ago when we started well, then faded at the end of the first group phase)

i am not as concerned about it as some i guess....

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No need to worry really USArsenal. I have full belief we will qualify top and get enough points from the next two games to qualify. Even still though if it comes down to the last match we have Rosenberg at home if memory serves me correct and should really give them a battering on our own turf.

A

Anonymous

U S what is your opinion of henry, do you think he may need a rest, You do not want to burn him out, he gets through so much work, and what with euro 2004. I would rest him, it is only charlton

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
no, i dont think he needs a rest.. i dont think anyone on the squad needs a rest.. we're only 10 games into the season.... when TH rests, he takes a few matches to get back to himself.. what he needs is to get only ONE or TWO strike partners... either play Dennis or Reyes.. dont throw Pires or Freddie up there to fill in or try something different.. it disrupts his style.. he is learning how to play with Reyes, and he knows how to play with Dennis..

i think the problem lies in our gameplan... if the free-flowing game doesnt work, we need more "tap-in" goals, as is listed in another thread... but overall, i dont reallt think we're doing that bad.. we have won 7 matches and drawn 2 this season... we are on top of every table we are in... come on, how bad can that be?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think Rosenborg and Panathinaikos will get shellacked at highbury... they dont have the defensive capability of PSV and wont be able to handle out style in our own backyard... teams always play better at home.. Rosenborg is no different...

i honestly believe that we will not lose a match in this round.. we may draw one more, and that may be against PSV away, but i think we can beat Pana home or away, and we SHOULD have won against Rosenvorg away, just didnt finish the way we normally can....

but i guess time will tell.. i could be wrong.. its been known to happen from time to time ;D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would play him and rest him after Reyes gets a rest mate. Then Reyes an Bergy canplay up front. Otherwise with Reyes so out of form it would leave us with RvP and Bergkamp uptop with both naturally wanting to drop deep. When Reyes is rested he and Bergy will be ably to play upfront with RvP being able to fill in for Pires on the left when needed.

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont know about Rosenberg and Pana getting thrashed at HIghbury.. i think the last team to get a good hiding from us were Leverkusen when we beat them 4-1 ( should have been more) , but since then teams have come on our home turf and packed the midfield, making it very hard to penetrate.

Florida Gooner

Now that the electricity is back on here, I can comment. There sure is a lot of panic on this forum. Am I disappointed in the result? Yes. Am I crushed and pessimistic? No. We're still top of the group. Do we need to be better finishers? Absolutely! Watching the highlights, to me therein lies the problem, and it's been there since Bolton. We're certainly not lacking for scoring chances, as we could have scored three in each of the past three matches. That said, there is too much firepower on this team for this to continue, so I remain confident. :mrgreen:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
What I'm worried about is if we play crap against Pana, we have to visit Old Ratflood just a few days later on the back of that. We need to get some sound CL wins, because it does very much affect our premiership form.

Canuck

Established Member
The Pana match in Greece will be very tough. They have a solid team and they will play well at home. But look at it as the perfect warm up match before going to O.T. The boys will think the visit to Manchester is their backyard compared to playing in Greece.

Gurgen

Established Member
We certainly had enough chances, we just couldn't finish. A draw in Norway is not bad. Typical that some people are panicking again :roll:

pamilih

I think the team was experimenting with a totally different style of play. The defensive style to suit most European opponents. Unfortunately this style is not natural to Arsenal and they discovered that they need to hone it. Perhaps also Lauren did not do what he needed to do in this experimentation and ended up losing a goal. That's why Paddy was angry because Lauren foiled the plan.

That's my speculation.

Anyway, Arsenal needs to have more than one style of play ... like Chelsea ....

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
pamilih said:
Anyway, Arsenal needs to have more than one style of play ... like Chelsea ....

Please enlighten me and tell me what is Chelsea's other style of play? BTW we do have more than one style of play. Actually I am more confident of our away style of play then our home..because we don't expose ourselves that much.

Top Bottom