• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

COC: Sheffield Wednesday vs. Arsenal- 27/10/15 - 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Next transfer window is all about getting suitable backup, our first team is beyond fine.

Wilshere, Welbeck, Ramsey, Ospina were all injured

That's 5 players who are first XI quality (Welbeck debatable) that we couldn't use who would have certainly featured in this game.

Our squad 'appears' thin right now because the players on the fringe of our first XI are all injured.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wilshere, Welbeck, Ramsey, Ospina were all injured

That's 5 players who are first XI quality (Welbeck debatable) that we couldn't use who would have certainly featured in this game.

Our squad 'appears' thin right now because the players on the fringe of our first XI are all injured.
Oh so our fullback, and many would argue right wing, backups are anywhere near adequate? Not to mention you are assuming that noone else will be getting injured...

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Oh so our fullback, and many would argue right wing, backups are anywhere near adequate? Not to mention you are assuming that noone else will be getting injured...

That was the most inexperienced midfield I can ever remember us fielding in my lifetime watching Arsenal - we had Flamini playing the role of Cazorla :lol:- any defence would struggle when there's next to zero protection in front of it.

Yes our defence was poor but if you put our first XI midfield and attack infront of them it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The more I think of Wenger criticising the youth the more I'm okay with it, to be honest. Wenger has made it clear that he's building for the future, a club like Arsenal needs winners. Wenger loves his players, he always defends them, but these kids need tough love. He handed them a chance and if he said "Look, sometimes the pressure gets to players." it'd be a sign to the senior team that complacency gets rewarded. We need to push that mindset out of the club.

Before the match he was very happy with the prospect of Iwobi and Kamara. I imagine he was a little disappointed that they didn't seize their chances like youth before them. Yet, it's cold. "They're not ready. None of them."

I actually like it. It's new from Wenger. He'd still step on a mine for the first team but the brats need to step up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wasn't really impressed with the lack of urgency in the youngsters, wasnt entirely lacking but not great either. Though to be fair when you have Gibbs and Debuchy not giving a **** it probably rubs off on them. The kids need proper role models not those clowns.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I just can't believe they were injured for a nothing game.

After each of them being on the pitch for 2 minutes.

I still think we have enough for Swansea. We could grind out a draw against Bayern. Sp**s will be a toughie without Ramsey and Walcott. West Brom should roll over as should Norwich.

If we believe us to be potential champions then we should be able to grind out something from these games without our best players. Our defense (barring the first team stays fit) is still solid. I wish we had a little more depth up front. Giroud has been great when the pressure has been off him. Now that it's back on I expect him to revert back to being panicky.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah but either you're insinuating his sexuality and footballing ability are related or you're making a joke of it.

No I was making a joke about how the pressure of him having the come out publicly soon was affecting his performances. I think you're being a bit sensitive here. I wasn't trying to say his sexuality affects his ability.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who from the bench was guving the youngsters tactictal guidance during the pitch? Cos from where I was looking, Wenger and Bould just sat there with arms folded throughout the entire game.

None of the senior players like Flamini, Mert, Debuchy or Giroud seemed to be pulling them back in when they were constantly drifting out of position either. It's a tad unfair to throw such raw players into a game against such a tactically well organised unit and a team on a hot streak, and just expect them to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom