• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sp*rs have taken a 175 million pound government loan and are spending from it. :lol:
Sooner or later it'll catch up with them. If they don't guarantee CL football next season, they're screwed

It's kind of reminiscent to what Leeds did back in the day...would love to see what happened to them, happen to Sp**s :drool:

Anyway, I want to thank @say yes for these amazing threads this summer. I know it was a hard time for him but he really needs to know that he is to Arsenal-mania what Santa Clauses are to Christmas, they add more fun to already amazing festival!

God bless you son and all your hard work, you will be rewarded one day with trusted status. Just pray for it more!

Yo Hydro. it's closer to a 5 (4.8)?
Also less significant loans vs long term signing calls for weighted mean ...

30/7 was what I calculated. 4.3.

How would you change the method in terms of looking at loans vs long terms? I just look at the signings and what I hope they can contribute this season. Never want to look further than that.

GunnerShy

Totally agree about Sp**s.

Very impressed with what they got done, despite being in an apparently terrible financial situation!

Imagine what we would have done in the same situation. Brought in a couple of untested youngsters from the French second tier and sold one or two of our best players to 'balance the books.'
It was impressive.

They actually didn't spend much money in terms of transfers.

They had a relatively unique opportunity to get Bale back for the season. He's 31 and injury prone but with RM paying big money just to shift him out of the club it meets a Sp**s need. Who knows how he will turn out. Think he will be good but not great.

They also got their back up striker as a loan with option to buy. No guarantee Levy takes that option up so may only cost the loan fee + wages.

Otherwise it's wing backs and Hojbjerg that they've actually bought. Not amazing business.

I think their improvement will actually come down to how fit Kane & Bale stay and Jose's ability to get a tune out of Ndombele this season.

Kane and Son will be 28,29 at the start of next season. If Sp**s are lackluster this season there will be big decisions ahead.

WhatAFC

Sp*rs have taken a 175 million pound government loan and are spending from it. :lol:
Sooner or later it'll catch up with them. If they don't guarantee CL football next season, they're screwed
Sp**s are gambling, they’ve spent money for this season knowing if they don’t get CL football Kane will be off. They’ll either have CL money or money from selling Kane.

They won’t make the mistakes we made.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sp**s are gambling, they’ve spent money for this season knowing if they don’t get CL football Kane will be off. They’ll either have CL money or money from selling Kane.

They won’t make the mistakes we made.
Every season they say will be Kane's last. But he never leaves, he's too comfortable at Sp**s.

Tomb Bombadil

Here is my rating:

Thomas - 9 (Because we bought him in ocotober)
Gabriel - 7
Ceballos - 6 (just a loan)
Willian - 6
Rúnarsson - 1 (Non-HG)
Mari - 2 (Because we already have 7 CB and didn't play so far)
Cedric - 2 (injury prone)

Compared to Tottenham
Bale - 1-9 (This could be everything, if he stays fit I think a 7)
Höjibjerg - 7 (good for this price)
Regulion - 7 (Seems great)
Doherty - 6
Vinicius - 6 (good backup)
Hart - 2

So I would say we had similar transfer window. We also had the contract extension for Auba, on the other hand couldn't sell the players we don't need anymore.

idan

Benrahma or Buendia could contribute to our creativity and make this windows 10-9/10, but i think Arteta sees Willian as the solution..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Problem with buying Buendia or Benrahma is our squad would be way too bloated. Wouldn't be able to register 3 players. We go again next summer. Özil, Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi and Macey out of contract. £32M off the wage bill instantly. Ceballos also going back to Madrid.

Kolasinac, Lacazette, Elneny, Chambers and Nketiah all out of contract the year after. That's a further £19M a year in wages that could also go next summer as I don't think we'll give out new contracts to anyone except Nketiah.

Next summer we'll sign a creative midfielder and probably a forward.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Problem with buying Buendia or Benrahma is our squad would be way too bloated. Wouldn't be able to register 3 players. We go again next summer. Özil, Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi and Macey out of contract. £32M off the wage bill instantly. Ceballos also going back to Madrid.

Kolasinac, Lacazette, Elneny, Chambers and Nketiah all out of contract the year after. That's a further £19M a year in wages that could also go next summer as I don't think we'll give out new contracts to anyone except Nketiah.

Next summer we'll sign a creative midfielder and probably a forward.

**** that, we keep Dani our i riot. Arguably our best player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Signings rated;

Thomas - 8
Gabriel - 7
Ceballos - 7
Willian - 7
Runnarson - 5
Cedric - 5
Mari - 5

All our signings are decent for where we are as a squad, I agree with @14Henry on this point... and the signings are adjusted accordingly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
At some point he has to want a trophy though, doesn't he?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think he cares about breaking Shearer's record as much as winning a trophy. With the kind of price tag Levy puts on his players how many clubs in England can realistically afford him? One? Two at most?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Assuming there’s no further business and making way too soon predictions I’d go:

1) Sp*rs
2) Chelsea
3) Arsenal
4) Liverpool
5) City
6) Utd

I’ll give Sp*rs credit as they needed depth up front, in midfield and at fullback and they’ve done that.

I don’t really like Chelsea’s window as there’s questions about Mendy’s underlying state, Chilwell’s all around quality and whether Thiago Silva is still a useable player. Up front they should be great when it all clicks into place.

It’s close between them, us and Pool and then City who did ok but not very inspiring while Utd have done poorly imo. If VdB doesn’t fit alongside Pogba and say Fred then they’ve done almost no meaningful business.

Telles might be good but Cavani probably won’t and they needed a RW so badly.

Makavelii

Signings rated;

Thomas - 8
Gabriel - 7
Ceballos - 7
Willian - 7
Runnarson - 5
Cedric - 5
Mari - 5

All our signings are decent for where we are as a squad, I agree with @14Henry on this point... and the signings are adjusted accordingly.

Cedric and Mari have to be more like a 2/10 each. We just signed them and then didn't even register them in the premier league. Both signings were total screw ups.
Agree with the rest. But I'd give Thomas Partey a cheeky 9 :)

Top Bottom