• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Confident or No? Well??

How confident are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
At this stage I think bringing in one more midfielder is all you can realistically expect. If it's an Aouar or Partey level signing we've had a very good transfer window.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
About 10 days until the window 'slams shut'. Curious to gauge what the mood is on here.

Fair play, mood might have changed quite a bit.

Agendas fully manifest themselves calling me awefully negative on transfers, when I started off with expecting both and now at least one of A&P whilst @say yes going with no signing whatsosver :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Transfer windows are strange everything could happen quick. At the moment nobody is confident because there absolutely nothing and journalists just repeating themselves But everything could change in matter of hours

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At the moment very likely Aouar. Partey seem complicated but i hope we have backup for Partey there many good options

say yes

forum master baiter
Fair play, mood might have changed quite a bit.

Agendas fully manifest themselves calling me awefully negative on transfers, when I started off with expecting both and now at least one of A&P whilst @say yes going with no signing whatsosver :lol:
I'm just going with my gut. I've no doubt we're trying to sign them both, but we're broke and I don't think we'll raise the funds we need in time.

Also, every Arsenal transfer window in my memory has been a disappointment other than that one glorious summer with Raul in charge, so I'm preparing myself mentally for the inevitable.

Expect the Ornstein tweet on us not expecting to make any more additions to the squad on the Monday. Something like:

@David_Ornstein Understand Arsenal not expecting to add further to the squad this summer. Had serious interest in Partey and Aouar but always appreciation that the asking prices were a difficult ask in this summer due to the impact of Covid on club finances. Understand club were taken aback by some of the expenditure at other Prem clubs but still confident they have still strengthened a squad which finished the season strongly under Mikel Arteta. Willian, Gabriel, Saliba, Cedric and Mari all new additions. #AFC

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We will sign one mid, don’t think it’ll be either Partey or Aouar as we lack the funds, and since Raul left the market guile to engineer either of those deals. It will be a left field midfield signing.

@HairSprayGooners will combust after being wrong all summer.

@GDeep™ will finally leave.

@rich 1990 will still post anti-ethnic rhetoric.

C’est la vie

But logically if we lacked the funds we would've moved onto other targets by now if you believe we'll get someone cheaper. Wouldn't make sense.

I might combust.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think it's more likely to be Partey of the 2 that will sign but got a feeling it will be a midfielder we've not yet been linked with that we'll eventually get.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
After knowing they're our main targets all window if we fail to get either one its a mammoth failure from the board. No matter what the situation they wouldn't be going for them if they didn't have the cash for at least one.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm just going with my gut. I've no doubt we're trying to sign them both, but we're broke and I don't think we'll raise the funds we need in time.

Also, every Arsenal transfer window in my memory has been a disappointment other than that one glorious summer with Raul in charge, so I'm preparing myself mentally for the inevitable.

Expect the Ornstein tweet on us not expecting to make any more additions to the squad on the Monday. Something like:

@David_Ornstein Understand Arsenal not expecting to add further to the squad this summer. Had serious interest in Partey and Aouar but always appreciation that the asking prices were a difficult ask in this summer due to the impact of Covid on club finances. Understand club were taken aback by some of the expenditure at other Prem clubs but still confident they have still strengthened a squad which finished the season strongly under Mikel Arteta. Willian, Gabriel, Saliba, Cedric and Mari all new additions. #AFC

Last summer has been absolutely phenomenal in terms of the quality of targets imo.

We had around 45m we could spend at that time, piss poor if you ask me, looking at the state of our squad. Everything else needed to happen in later installments. We payed around 5-6m for Saliba initially, we paid very little for Pepe upfront, we got Ceballos, a type of talent we would not have the money to pay for, if it wasn't for a loan and ultimately Tierney, who is just worldclass business and ate up most of our money for that window, I think.

Biggest issue were the inner conflicts with Emery and the imbalance overall, something that caused so much damage that it's actually a miracle what Arteta has already achieved.

We really might not do much due to Covid anymore, but it's certainly a pitfall and it's hard to grasp why a business man like Kroenke does not realize that it requires real investment to protect the value of his own club.

Could've easily been around the top 3-5 clubs in the world right now, having the net worth of the club hundreds of millions above of what it is now, if there was small investments here and there back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom