• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could it be... Wenger got it Wrong??

nesci2

this is a repeat posting, but anywho...

has any1 else been perplexed by the van persie-robben comparison...?

to me it looks like bose moaninho got it absolutely right and we seem to have gotten a bit of a... well... dud...

robben has torn up defences and looked sharp every single time i've seen him...

van persie by comparison looks slightly overawed whenever he comes on (80-88 minute mark) surely AW could give him a proper run... see if the kid can live up to the promise...?

(good news about sp@#s though... jol seemed to think that stringing 5 wins in a row (i only wish) could transform a team of second string rejects and misfits into a top-6 EPL team... keep signing championship players... i hear teddy sheringham is looking to come back)

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Obviously the opinion being put around that Van Persie was the best Dutch talent out of Robben and the fat guy at Ajax was a load of rubbish.

But still, I have been impressed so far with Van Persie. He still has a long way to go, but the signs are he is going to be a good player.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
2 different types of players too.. Robben is an explosive wing-type player while RvP is more of a Kanu-type player with better vision.. can pick out nice passes, can HEAD the ball (unlike most of our forwards). he may be a little "slight" right now, but bergkamp was slight when he was that age too...

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, £2m > £13m.

Wenger wasn't given the choice to get this right or wrong. It's not like we had the choice of either or. :roll:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Robben has adapted to the premiership better than any foreign young talent i've seen. He plays with the consistancy and quality of a player in his prime, which automatically places him above RVP.

Conversely, RVP is very talented but actually plays like he's 21 years old, still quite raw in many areas. He's a typical Wenger player, very talented but just needs some extra care in his development in order to maximise his huge potential. I reckon we'll see the best of him next season.

Ridge

Ratinho said:
Erm, £2m > £13m.
thats right mate. i myself dont watch the dutch league, so i dont really know whos better between RVP, Robben and Van der FaRt.

but the transfer free told me something at least. :wink:

Mark

Established Member
Robben is a more noticeable player so everyone will always think he's better. He runs with the ball at pace and he scores a lot of goals. RvP's game is more subtle. He drops deep, picks up the ball, holds on to it and then picks out a good pass. A Bergkamp/Kanu kind of player. He'll be great, but as I said - people won't think so because he isn't as noticeable on the pitch.

kanuuu

Established Member
RVP a dud? I dodn't think so. It's not like Wenger had a choice out of all of the young dutch playesr anyway.

A

Anonymous

nesci, please refer to the forum rules regarding text language. In future, your post will be deleted.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mark said:
. He drops deep, picks up the ball, holds on to it and then picks out a good pass. .

dont quite agree wih that part, but hopefully it will come in the future and he'll be a fine player for us.

Allyboy

Established Member
RVP reminds me of the kid at school who likes to shoot whenever he gets a sight of goal, much in the same way C.Ronaldo at Man U is the class hogger who always has to do one final trick when he could square it for about 3 teammates to score.

SoUL

seb_afc
Full Gooner

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:36 pm Post subject:

Originally posted by RockyRocastle:
Originally posted by patrick42uk:
ranieri signed robben by the way.

Peter Kenyon

roman abromobitch

jose mourinhio/ sven goran errikson ohh contraversial

KingReyes

Established Member
The thing with Robben and his impressive form is that he is absolutely perfect for the Chelsea system. They play a system where they tend to sit back and defend soaking up pressure as a unit excluding the 3 of Robben, Drogba and Duff. Robben and Duff can find the space they need to use their pace whereas Drogba is a target man who can win the ball with his pace and power. Players like Reyes and Robben thrive on space, look at Reyes when he's tightly marked not too impressive, but give him a little space and he's hard to stop. The same goes for Robben, the Chelsea system is perfect for him as the way Chelsea defend allows their opponents to go even more forward giving Robben more space to work with.

RVP is a completely different player to Robben, he's got the potential to make it. He's got good pace, good shot and a great first touch. His vision and passing needs working on but that will come with games and experience. RVP is also a player that likes to drop deep and has had to adjust playing against a 5 man midfield most of the time. We'll need to be patient to fully judge him but I already see positives that he can make it as big as Robben.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom