• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/08/04

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
juz7_pi12es said:
GoonerGurjit said:
The question is who the f*ck will be able to stop Reyes and Henry? I wouldn't swap Reyes for any of Chelsea's signings!

i wouldnt swap king reyes for the whole chelsea team!

Me either. I'm so glad we beat Chelsea to Reyes' signature.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm so glad we beat Chelsea to Reyes' signature.

Yea i was thinking about that just the other day - wondering how much i'd be mad if we hadnt got him.

He's gods gift to us. Its frightening how much potential he's got.

bobbypires

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Yea i was thinking about that just the other day - wondering how much i'd be mad if we hadnt got him.

He's gods gift to us. Its frightening how much potential he's got.
We've done very well. Sevilla CF is sh*t for a player like him. They didn't deserve him. Maybe Betis... but Arsenal is perfect for him. He's demonstrating it.

jester

Established Member
cesc is 17, wenger said after the match. he was 17 month and half ago (he's almost exactly a month older than me)

Gunner Ossie

lewdikris said:
Well, I enjoyed that...

Pennant was pretty good. Lost his nerve occasionally, but provided good width. Steve Claridge on Radio 5 was saying that he's stripped down his game a lot - dumped the clever stuff and playing for the simple ball. It was paying off today well. I genuinely think he'll challenge Freddie for this season - and may get his spot.

this was the point i was making earlier, and which was misunderstood by some people.

I know that pennant is capable of doing a lot more of the clever stuff that reyes and van persie do, and it is frustrating when he comes up against the last defender with no one to pass too and he does not attempt any of the clever stuff which reyes, van persie and henry all use to get past the last man.

Maybe pennant needs to stop thinking that people are gonna start calling him a flash harry if he tries all the clever stuff because there certainly is a time when trickery is required and has resulted in goals for others.

I cant wait until pennant is more relaxed about his position in the squad and , instead of playing within himself, starts to feels more confident about his ability to create something from dribbling just like reyes and others do.

ljungberg watch out.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Just back from the game, first off, anyone that could've gone and didin't, unlucky cos you missed a cracking game of football.

Jose Reyes- fan-bloody-tastic, United **** themselves every time he got the ball, that run that led to the miss of the season will not be forgotten for some time. The boy is quality. Great goal and a great assist for Gilberto.

Jermaine Pennant- Had an excellent first half IMHO, didn't notice him as much second, but showed enough for Freddie to worry.

Thierry- Seemed a bit hesitant, I thought a couple of times he took an extra touch where it wasn't needed, put it down to lack of sharpness, he's still jet heeled.

One of my complaints at half time was that the CM's as usual weren't supporting any breaks we made, Gilberto rectified that. Easy finish, but well done for making up the ground.

Ashley Cole- The best left back in the world, the goal was lucky but deserved. And Clichy looked pretty good left midfield.

Final thought, how unlucky is Jeremie Aliadiere? :shock:

lewdikris

Established Member
It was quite strange that he's made these changes - Reyes, Van P and Henry all seem so certain of their abilities. Pennant was less so today.

How much it's to do with him, how much it was to do with lessons learnt at Elland Road, and how much it's to do with Wenger, I don't know.

But I think it could be a good road for him. His faults in prior first team games was always over-elaboration at the wrong time. If he keeps it simple and accurate, he'll be able to reintroduce the old dribbling style as he (finally) grows into the team.

Evil Dragon

Go Robin :shock:

2649092_7_2.jpg

8)

Alexone234

What was nice was when Fungie said to himself "i can bring on some youngsters too" then Richardson and eagles came on....and were crap. eagles didn't touch the ball.

We could have fielded 11 players under 23 and won that game. How good does that feel?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
What was nice was when Fungie said to himself "i can bring on some youngsters too" then Richardson and eagles came on....and were crap. eagles didn't touch the ball.

:lol: It's funny because it's true

A

Anonymous

I havent enjoyed a game like that for a while now, what a great day.

We were really really good today, and added to the Ajax performance I am full of confidence about the coming season.

Reyes looks like a world class star just waiting to explode, the ability he has is scary. You could see the mancs defence **** themselves every time he got the ball.

Gilberto really is an excellent player, if a little limited technically. He is so important to our team, even more so now it seems Vieira is on his bike.
Pennant played ok, but was a little inconsistent. But there was enough there to give Freddie the kick up the arse he needs. Cesc was brilliant today, puts himself right into contention for Sunday with that performance. But Dennis remains the main man, what a player this guy is.

Add in Pires, Freddie, Campbell and a fit Henry and we have one hell of a team. Some of you will say Edu aswell, but I dont rate the guy.

But it was only a friendly and the mancs didnt have Rio, Horseface, Ronaldo and Saha. When they are back they will be a different team.

But still it was so enjoyable being so much better than them all over the pitch. We looked so much fitter, stronger and above all faster. That really does make a difference in todays game.

And they dont half have some ****e - Neville P and G, Forlan, Bellion, Fortune - these players wouldnt get a sniff of our reserve team. And then there were their youngsters, who look average at best. Compare them to Clichy who came on and looked utter class.

The future looks very bright.

Mark

Established Member
Alexone234 said:

We could have fielded 11 players under 23 and won that game. How good does that feel?

Hell yeah! Our youngsters are a class above theirs. Such a satisfying feeling. :D

Nawoo

Let me just say this.

If Reyes had signed for Chelsea, he would not be the massive player he is today and the future.

Because only wenger has the magic touch that can transform a player into a megastar. :D

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
Reyes looks like a world class star just waiting to explode, the ability he has is scary. You could see the mancs defence s**t themselves every time he got the ball.

Good to see he has won you over :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom